LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

AUBRAYO to sign tender soon!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by valrod33:
ive got something tender for him to sign

am still waiting........
Athletes are the most GREEDY b*****dS around. They are living the dream of millions of people. What would be better than playing in the National Football League, and getting paid for it? He is already making WAY more money than the average American, yet he wants more.
Adam_Schefter

49ers franchise DT Aubrayo Franklin, who has missed all of camp, will fly to San Francisco on Saturday to sign his $7.003 million contract.

Skinny_Post

NFL Net's Schefter reports that Aubrayo Franklin will fly to San Francisco on Saturday to sign his $7.003 million contract.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Hey, if I was a vet, couldn't get fined, knew the scheme like the back of my hand, knew all my teammates tendencies, had respect in the locker room and still got paid $7m guaranteed...

I'd skip training camp too.
MaioccoCSN

RT @Adam_Schefter 49ers franchise DT Aubrayo Franklin will fly to San Francisco on Saturday to sign his $7.003 million contract.
Originally posted by redrathman:
ive got something tender for him to sign

Works for me
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN

RT @Adam_Schefter 49ers franchise DT Aubrayo Franklin will fly to San Francisco on Saturday to sign his $7.003 million contract.

just hope this dude comes in good shape which i doubt
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
MaioccoCSN

If he is looking for a long term contract he better come in good shape

MaioccoCSN

those boons better be rock solid on arrival
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
MaioccoCSN

Lawson missed the optional OTAs and arrived in good shape, Haynesworth missed OTAs and can't catch his breath. It could go either way.

What are boons?
MaioccoCSN

Originally posted by sdninerfan:
MaioccoCSN

Lawson missed the optional OTAs and arrived in good shape, Haynesworth missed OTAs and can't catch his breath. It could go either way.

What are boons?

What a waste. And I don't know who's dumber here-- His agent for suggesting he hold out, or him actually agreeing to do it. Dude, show and prove and YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY. The Niners actually have an OUTSTANDING record when it comes to awarding and retaining their own free agents.

No reason why Franklin would be an exception here. He has to know they want to keep him (as evidenced by Patrick Willis publicly campaigning for him), they just (like any other team would) want to make sure that last year wasn't a fluke, and that he won't go all Albert Haynesworth once gets his money.

And what's the worst case scenario here? The Niners don't retain him and he signs for big bucks elsewhere. EITHER WAY, HE GETS PAID.

Franklin could learn a lot from how VD handled his contract status. He didn't make it an issue. AT ALL. He simply said "I'm sure something will get done," and then he went on his way. He still showed up to practice, and participated in all the other team activities as well. No fuss.

We need more of that in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone