There are 267 users in the forums

AUBRAYO to sign tender soon!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what a chump lol
I don't know how much this means because it is preseason but I think RJF has looked real good up to this point. f**k it aubrayo your doing a good thing. Helping us find your replacement after this season. I always knew you were such a team player!!!!!!
Do the niners just not want to sign him long term, or is he asking for a ridiculous contract? I do not understand the holdout...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Do the niners just not want to sign him long term, or is he asking for a ridiculous contract? I do not understand the holdout...

I think they want to see him do it another year.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

They aren't willing to sign him to a long term deal NOW. Given that he only has one real productive year under his belt, combined with his age and the uncertainties with the new CBA, the would like to see at least another year of high level play and health before they commit big money and/or years to a player who will be 31+ when he signs his next contract who wants a 5 year deal.

It makes sense from the team's perspective. He's getting paid big bucks this year (frankly probably more than he's worth), and if he proves he's worth it, he'll get his contract next year.

They are trying to avoid a Kevan Barlow situation where one good year earns you a contract that you regret for the next 5.
I think Aubrayo has overplayed his hand. He might not have a starting spot to come back to if he doesn't come back soon.
He WILL be the starter, bank on it! As Justin Smith says, it just may take Franklin just 4 days to ramp up because of his familiarity with this D. My guess he will sign next week on Monday, practice three days, play 1-2 series on Thurs and then continue practicing until opening day against the Seahacks.

No need to worry about him this year or next as, IMO, he's going to be replaced by RJF and a rookie. No need to pay him top dollar when you have someone who seems to be doing the same for sooooo much less.

He's good as gone next year. I just don't see us paying top dollar for a 30yr with only one real proven season under his belt especially with RJF's development and the nice fatties in next year's draft in Powe, Ellis and Taylor. Me likey Ellis!

Anyway, I am glad to know that he will be in and that he will be ready for opening day.

That's all that really matters now.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I think Aubrayo has overplayed his hand. He might not have a starting spot to come back to if he doesn't come back soon.

He will start, but even if he doesn't he's still coming back to a $7 million dollar payday. Not bad for 3 1/2 - 4 months of work.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:

He will start, but even if he doesn't he's still coming back to a $7 million dollar payday. Not bad for 3 1/2 - 4 months of work.

is there even any proof that he is coming back or is all assumption?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's assumption at this point, but why would he turn down the franchise offer. If he sat out the year he wouldn't get paid anything and he would lose at least a year and possibly 2 of playing time/paychecks. And he isn't getting any younger.

He'd be an idiot to pass on 7 mil and sit out the year. Who, in their right mind, would pay big bucks for an older nose who's been out a year, esp long-term? The only sensible scenariuo is to play out his franchise year and kick a$$ enough that the 9'ers give him a good deal or he impresses another team enough to do so.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

He'd be an idiot to pass on 7 mil and sit out the year. Who, in their right mind, would pay big bucks for an older nose who's been out a year, esp long-term? The only sensible scenariuo is to play out his franchise year and kick a$$ enough that the 9'ers give him a good deal or he impresses another team enough to do so.

Franklin could also seek a trade to a team that is willing to pay him.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Franklin could also seek a trade to a team that is willing to pay him.

His agent came out and said a couple weeks ago that this is a non-issue, there is no holdout and the Niners have showed no worries with Franklin which indicates that this isn't an issue.

Pretty sure Sing is close enough to the guys that if one were to hold out or seek a trade he would know of it. It's not like his teammates haven't talked to him at all this off season. If he was threatening to make it an issue, a teammate would speak up to the coach because it would affect the entire team and we are in a win now situation, so there would be back up plans forming. But again there aren't so it's not an issue.

I think Justin Smith spilled the beans on when he is coming back, he said Franklin would only need 4 days, so expect him to sign on Monday would be my guess.
ive got something tender for him to sign
Originally posted by valrod33:
ive got something tender for him to sign

Share 49ersWebzone