Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good to hear, we need Aubrayo in 2010.

Our D-Line in 2010:

Justin Smith, McDonald
Aubrayo Franklin, RJF
Isaac Sopoaga, Demetric Evans

We badly need to upgrade our depth along the DL. We still have not addressed our NT need, and really must find another balanced End who can fit both the roles that Smith and Sopoaga play.

Anybody in mind........
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, no kidding. Training Camp is almost over.

seriously......

confusious say aubrayo sign in 3 week o less
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good to hear, we need Aubrayo in 2010.

Our D-Line in 2010:

Justin Smith, McDonald
Aubrayo Franklin, RJF
Isaac Sopoaga, Demetric Evans

One thing that stood out to me last year while watching RJF was his raw strength. I don't know if he is big enough to be a classic NT but he sure has the strength.

I really hope he plays well in the preseason at NT, that would be a huge boost for us.

I believe RJF is the same size as bryant young...of course he was a 4-3 defensive tackle, but still...
It sounds to me like this guy really doesn't have any new information and is just making s**t up. He doesn't really explain why he is expecting Franklin to sign, he seems to be guessing.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
finally some good news in niner land.

this
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

this

Finally...we've had some bad luck as of late.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

this

Finally...we've had some bad luck as of late.

^what they all said
RJF is looking REALLY good. Aubrayo better sign soon or the Niners will take away that franchise tag.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
RJF is looking REALLY good. Aubrayo better sign soon or the Niners will take away that franchise tag.

can't take it away now it's too late. I agree RJF is looking good....we really need Franklin this season though. we need him in TC now
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

can't take it away now it's too late. I agree RJF is looking good....we really need Franklin this season though. we need him in TC now

I would like to see if AF and RJF both play at the same time in a 4-3 for a couple of plays

so it seems as if hes gonna miss the the entire preseason? is there any news?
wouldn't it be great too if RJF could be the snyder of the Dline (not in performance but in number of positions he can fill). He has obviously gotten a lot of work at NT this preseason but he seems to be able to move well enough to play DE in the 3-4 too. Versatile guys like Justin Smith are beyond valuable in the 3-4 scheme once you get to passing downs and can slide them around.
That's incredible!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
hopefully he doesn't up and quit after he gets his money

He won't. He's in a perpetual contract year. He's playing for a long-term deal once again this year. He's in the same position he was last year -- with one exception:

This year's contract is going to pay him a boatload more money that he received last year.

Gotta love boatloads of cash. I wish we were all in the position to make them.
Originally posted by seeking6th:
"Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Franklin is expected to sign the tender soon. Because he's not under contract, Franklin is subject to no fines or other penalties. If he shows up by Week 1, Franklin will receive his full base salary of $7.003 million."

I can't say I really blame him. He'll get paid anyhow as long as he shows up later. Although, if his play is affected because he didn't train well enough while away from camp then he deserves to DIE!

A little harsh aren't we. Fired from his job, fined maybe, but die. Chill bro, its only a game. Go out and smell the roses.
[ Edited by WildBill on Aug 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone