LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

1st team amount of series in preseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I always forget how many series or plays the 1st team offense will take in each game. Can someone give me an update? Thanks homies.
dont know. we'll find out soon enough though!
Depends on the team. Peyton Manning would only play one series max while Alex Smith might play the whole 1st qrt. We have alot of work to do so I`d guess Smith and the first team offense play most of the 1st qrt with the exception of Gore. He probably only plays the 1st series.

Thats just a wild guess BTW.
Honestly I think we should put smith in a whole half. But if not then at LEAST 1 quarter.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Whatever Coach Manning feels like....
I don't think Gore will even get close to playing.
1st team offense and defense usually get around 12-20 snaps.
Two series at least
Originally posted by Dominate:
Depends on the team. Peyton Manning would only play one series max while Alex Smith might play the whole 1st qrt. We have alot of work to do so I`d guess Smith and the first team offense play most of the 1st qrt with the exception of Gore. He probably only plays the 1st series.

Thats just a wild guess BTW.

You pretty much nailed it. We have 2 rookie linemen, an amateur center, and a QB in his second year in the same system... yeah, 1st team (minus gore and Crabs, and Davis) will be out for the majority of the first quarter.

But you know what's really awesome? There's no f**king QB competition this year so we actually get to see Alex gel a little (other than the unfair advantages of sharing snaps for only a half a quarter and possibly injuring more players due to different QB personalities).
I hope we do what the broncos did last year, and keep the starters in a long time.. till they get it right.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I hope we do what the broncos did last year, and keep the starters in a long time.. till they get it right.

Guys the real work is done during practice. Our first teamers are no different than anyone elses, and will probably play 1-2 series depending on number of plays. 1 good drive and they'll be done.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

nice post, brah.

We could use some extra work, to get the passing game and Alex ready for the season, to get the rookies on the Oline some work.

Let's hope we run more than the 7 plays we used in the pre-season last year.
I hope Alex doesn't get his clock cleaned because Dixion doesn't know his assignments and misses a blitz. Coffee should have at least given a few days notice that he was going to quit. He should have said the he would play in Indy and then left on Monday. It could have just been between he and Sing. At least he wouldn't have left the team in a bind.
Originally posted by thojess:
Guys the real work is done during practice. Our first teamers are no different than anyone elses, and will probably play 1-2 series depending on number of plays. 1 good drive and they'll be done.

There is no substitute for live game action. Games are played on the field, not the practice field.
Share 49ersWebzone