There are 233 users in the forums

Who are you most excited to see play this week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
besides wanting to see how alex takes control of the offense......

1)Anthony Dixon
2)Mike Iupati
3)Anthony Davis
4)Taylor Mays
5)Ted Ginn Jr
GLEN COFFEE!! What a PILE!!! Waist of a pick!!
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
1. Taylor Mays - Looking forward to seeing him play with more technique.

2. Ted Ginn - Hope he makes a good enough impression that he steals the #2 job from Morgan.

3. Mike Iupati - Just wanna see him beat up people.

4. Anthony Davis - History has shown the 11th pick in the draft almost is always an impact player. Hope Davis repeats history.

5. Glenn Coffee - He packed on about 15 pounds, hope it helps.

6. Reggie Smith - IMO, I think he can be better than Dashon Goldson, he just has to stay healthy.

7. Karl Paymah - Mike Singletary mentioned his speed, now lets see it!!!

8. Kyle Williams - Will we finally have someone that solidifies our PR duties??

9. Ricky Jean-Francois - I should actually put him higher on the list, cause I'm pretty anxious to see what hes got at NT.

10. Pass-Rush from our OLB's - Hope they bring it!!!!

That's a more complete list.

This pretty much sums it up... I actually would love to see how the whole team operates.
The Special Teams
Taylor Mays, Navarro Bowman, and Kyle Williams.
id like to pay attention to the WR battles, Dixon stepping in for Gore, Taylor Mays and Reggie Smiths safety battle, the d-line with RJF in the middle, and the return game
I would say Alex Smith but honestly it's hard to get excited about watching someone that will be running a vanilla offense for a series or two. Good or bad it's just not enough to really get an impression of a guy especially QB.

The rookie O lineman are the ones I'm most excited to see mainly because I think our success this season is going to be largely due to the O line performance and thus the rookies.

Mays I understand is still a work in progress but I do want to see if he looks he's on the right track.

Bowman might be the heir apparent to Spikes so he'll be another one I'll keep an eye on.

RJF's conversion to NT is something I'm curious to see how that's working out.

Dixon obviously now that Coffee is gone and considering Gore has a history of missing some time his development is extremely important.

Clements won't get a lot of time but I'm hoping to see if all the off season work has helped him.

Williams and Ginn are our new toys in the WR corps and KR/PR returns so it's important to see how they do.

Nate Davis just to see if he's actually progressed from a preseason ago.

I'm actually looking forward to see everyone in action but those are the guys that I'll be keep an even closer eye on.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
My boys Iupati and Davis and my boy Dixon are the ones I'll have a keen interest in. Smith, Ginn and Mays are also one's I'll have an eye on.
I expect that we'll run the ball a lot, so M-Rob and Dixon will probably look pretty good. I'm excited about Dixon. I'm not worried about Iupati, but Anthony Davis has a tough assignment at RT. I hope he looks good because we desperately need some stability at the position.

On defense, I'm looking forward to seeing RJF, our secondary and Bowman. Bowman has been unblockable in camp, so I hope Manusky sends him after the QB.

Oh, I almost forgot about Ahmad Brooks. I'm very curious to see how well he's developed over the offseason. Hopefully he can pickup right where he left off last season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot about Ahmad Brooks. I'm very curious to see how well he's developed over the offseason. Hopefully he can pickup right where he left off last season.

Remember, Brooks is out with that lacerated kidney.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Nate Davis, Iupati, Anthony Davis
Mays, Ginn, Dixon, Iupati, A. Davis, Bowman, N. Davis, and RJF in that order. Admittedly, I don't watch the line too much but will catch Iupati pancakes on replay when Dixon's runs the ball 15 yard up the gut.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
1. Taylor Mays - Looking forward to seeing him play with more technique.

2. Ted Ginn - Hope he makes a good enough impression that he steals the #2 job from Morgan.

3. Mike Iupati - Just wanna see him beat up people.

4. Anthony Davis - History has shown the 11th pick in the draft almost is always an impact player. Hope Davis repeats history.

5. Glenn Coffee - He packed on about 15 pounds, hope it helps.

6. Reggie Smith - IMO, I think he can be better than Dashon Goldson, he just has to stay healthy.
7. Karl Paymah - Mike Singletary mentioned his speed, now lets see it!!!

8. Kyle Williams - Will we finally have someone that solidifies our PR duties??

9. Ricky Jean-Francois - I should actually put him higher on the list, cause I'm pretty anxious to see what hes got at NT.

10. Pass-Rush from our OLB's - Hope they bring it!!!!

now thats a bold statement (forgive the pun)
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Mays, Ginn, Dixon, Iupati, A. Davis, Bowman, N. Davis, and RJF in that order. Admittedly, I don't watch the line too much but will catch Iupati pancakes on replay when Dixon's runs the ball 15 yard up the gut.

you will notice the lineif the defender gets to the QB or by the runs if you dont notice the line that is a good thing
All of the rookies, Brit Miller, Ted Ginn, and Baas at center.

It'll be interesting to see who wins a spot at WR and at corner.
Share 49ersWebzone