There are 304 users in the forums

Scott McKillop waived

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Has anyone seen an actual sourced story stating that McCillop has been waived. The link at the top of this thread is to a Fantasy Football web site and has not other sourced reference for the statement.

If confirmation is not there, then it probably did not happen.

Can anyone confirm this report to be true?

Here ya go:

49ers Take Chance of Losing McKillop
Originally posted by NoOffseason:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Has anyone seen an actual sourced story stating that McCillop has been waived. The link at the top of this thread is to a Fantasy Football web site and has not other sourced reference for the statement.

If confirmation is not there, then it probably did not happen.

Can anyone confirm this report to be true?

Here ya go:

49ers Take Chance of Losing McKillop

Sounds as if the organization did this to clear a roster space and hopefully retain his services for next year. They guy was a good st player, I doubt they give up on him that early.
FYI PUP can't be used for injuries during the (pre)season
Meh He wasn't all that. A guy like McKillop is easily replaceable.
49ers are just trying to IR McKillop. Not likely another team will claim him and have to pay his salary while he's pretty much out for the season. It's the same thing the NY Giants did with injured WR Domenik Hixon (torn ACL on June 16, 2010) earlier this Summer.
  • Mex49
wow, some of you and your comments are down right laughable.

Feel free to post your video proof of his sub par play last year
Originally posted by Mex49:
wow, some of you and your comments are down right laughable.

Feel free to post your video proof of his sub par play last year

I think most of it comes from the fact he was pulled for Wilhelm after the first series he took over for an injured Spikes.

Im still rooting for him next year, an ex-big east defensive player of the year and used to be a beast of a wrestler. Seems like the perfect TED to me, Big dude who understands body control and leverage to take on lineman. The only negative I see about him is with Navarro we have more of a "mirror image" with Willis, where as McKillop is probably more of a traditional TED LB.
Did he clear waivers?
Originally posted by davidb:
Did he clear waivers?
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

LB Scott McKillop reverts back to 49ers and will spend season on injured reserve.

quote=jreff22]Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

LB Scott McKillop reverts back to 49ers and will spend season on injured reserve.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Good to see McKillop will be back with the team. He may never be a star player, or even a starter. But the dude is the ultimate team guy and plays every snap with effort. I'd rather have 1 non-first rounder like McKillop than 53 first-rounders like Balmer.

Hope he makes a solid recovery. He has plenty of time to recover for the 2011 season. And if there are CBA issues...he'll definitely be ready for 2012!
Originally posted by okdkid:
Good to see McKillop will be back with the team. He may never be a star player, or even a starter. But the dude is the ultimate team guy and plays every snap with effort. I'd rather have 1 non-first rounder like McKillop than 53 first-rounders like Balmer.

Hope he makes a solid recovery. He has plenty of time to recover for the 2011 season. And if there are CBA issues...he'll definitely be ready for 2012!

yeah I hope he doesn't become a modern Jay Moore though.
Do not underestimate the value of McKillop. Bill Walsh and George Siefert won a number of Super Bowls with lots of Scott McKillop type players on the roster. They are smart, hard-nosed players who generally do not screw up.
Share 49ersWebzone