LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Will Alex Smith exceed 3,200 yards and 24 TDs in '10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Alex Smith exceed 3,200 yards and 24 TDs in '10?

Alex Smith won over many doubters with his performance last season. Still, there seem to be quite a few 49er fans, and NFL fans in general, who have their doubts going forward (And for good reason one could argue). What I want to know from the webzone is as follows:

Do you believe Alex Smith can average 200 yards passing and 1.5 TDs per game in '10? Should he accomplish those numbers, he will finish the season with approximately 3,200 yards and 24 passing TDs.

Personally, I think Smith will finish in the neighborhood of 3,800 passing yards, 25 TDs, 10 INTs. Predictions aside, as long as Smith helps win games and maintains a 2/1 TD/INT ratio, I'll be more than content. I think he is smart, a team player and an asset to have on the 49ers. What about you? I think this poll should prove to be interesting. Also, feel free to predict what you think Smith will finish the season with in terms of a stat line.
3400yd 25TD 14Int

Rating ~ 83
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'm gonna say over, but not by much... 26 td, 17ints - 3500
yes
i dont think he will reach that yardage mark...im thinking barely over or under 3000, with over 20 tds and under 15 ints...hes smart, hes not a gunslinger, gore will take a lot of the load off of him, he just has to manage the game, no need for him to be a superstar....he keeps the ints at or under 1 per game, we win the west
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Alex Smith won over many doubters with his performance last season. Still, there seem to be quite a few 49er fans, and NFL fans in general, who have their doubts going forward (And for good reason one could argue). What I want to know from the webzone is as follows:

Do you believe Alex Smith can average 200 yards passing and 1.5 TDs per game in '10? Should he accomplish those numbers, he will finish the season with approximately 3,200 yards and 24 passing TDs.

Personally, I think Smith will finish in the neighborhood of 3,800 passing yards, 25 TDs, 10 INTs. Predictions aside, as long as Smith helps win games and maintains a 2/1 TD/INT ratio, I'll be more than content. I think he is smart, a team player and an asset to have on the 49ers. What about you? I think this poll should prove to be interesting. Also, feel free to predict what you think Smith will finish the season with in terms of a stat line.

Cincinnati had a very good season with Carson Palmer putting up similiar numbers to that. The trick is we have to have a 1-1 pass to run ratio if those stats are going to win games.

If you're looking for a balanced offense I expect Alex to put 3,500 yards 22 TD's and 13 picks. If he increases his YPC and his completion percentage we'll be fine with average production from him.
I see Smith at the higher end of the spectrum. I see about 2.5 touchdowns per game or more. So I am up in in the 32-36 TD range and 4000+ yards.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I see Smith at the higher end of the spectrum. I see about 2.5 touchdowns per game or more. So I am up in in the 32-36 TD range and 4000+ yards.

I know alot of people would probably say you are crazy but I am not one of them....The guy came in off the bench to run a spread offense that the team hardly/never practiced and put up decent numbers....His potential in the same offense for a whole year with the playmnakers we have is right about your predictions
If you include returned picks for TD's by the other team, then yes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
20 tds with 15ints 3000 yards.

Very average.

Originally posted by HaiGuise:

I'm proud to welcome you into the ACP club sir!

It appears we are both charter members for simply refusing to buy into the koolaid that Alex Smith is suddenly going to transform into a GOOD QB instead of a CRAPPY QB.

How dare we think such thoughts.
Being a 9er fan, I would want our qb to exceed those numbers. No matter who it is.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

I'm proud to welcome you into the ACP club sir!

It appears we are both charter members for simply refusing to buy into the koolaid that Alex Smith is suddenly going to transform into a GOOD QB instead of a CRAPPY QB.

How dare we think such thoughts.

I know we all want Alex to do good, but those that are getting on us for saying we shouldn't be concerned about his struggles in practice probably weren't fans during the Joe and Steve days. Seriously. Even when Jeff Garcia finally figured things out, we didn't hear stories about him failing to have it in practice. With Alex, even though we're hearing mostly positive things, we have to be concerned if/when he struggles. How many times have we been let down by Alex? It's too many to remember. Again, I wish him the best, for the sake of the team. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up again. If he can't pull through this year, then he's proven to me he doesn't belong in the NFL.
Originally posted by btwagner:

I know alot of people would probably say you are crazy but I am not one of them....The guy came in off the bench to run a spread offense that the team hardly/never practiced and put up decent numbers....His potential in the same offense for a whole year with the playmnakers we have is right about your predictions

Madden?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by btwagner:

Madden?

But I am still hoping for the big year. I know how to appropriately hedge my enthusiasm for this team, several years of practice now. Smith hasn't had and probably wont have a better all around team than he does now.

No pressure buddy
Share 49ersWebzone