There are 239 users in the forums

Sign Aaron Schobel: Yey or Ney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Sign Aaron Schobel: Yey or Ney?

The Bills just released the 9yr veteran after an offseason spent debating retirement. Now the DE is available to sign with another team if he so chooses. Weigh in all ye faithful.
dude good idea but one problem ; he is an aging 4-3 D.E that can't play that position with the niners cause we play a 3-4 and that positions requires a big man and leverage. So if he come's we have to switch him to OLB probably in a back up role, and that's a completely different position that he would have to learn. So i say no based on the fact that putting your hand in the dirt and standing up are 2 different worlds.
Only on an emergency basis. But our front 7 is pretty set right now.
No because we need to sign VD, Goldson and Lawson
No . . . he's a 4-3 DE

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 4, 2010 at 15:06:42 ]
I voted no, not because hes not good but i think he would really just be a situational rusher for us and therefore wouldnt be worth the money.

I feel confident about our pass rush. We were top 5 in sacks last year and we have reason to think well be better this year.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Exactly, with the position he plays, there is no room for him. He wouldn't provide and upgrade because our front 7 is set and already know the defense.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Exactly, with the position he plays, there is no room for him. He wouldn't provide and upgrade because our front 7 is set and already know the defense.

Share 49ersWebzone