LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Nate Clements used Star Caps without punishment from the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/01/names-surface-of-players-who-used-starcaps-without-punishment/

"The players who tested positive before the league opted to crack down on StarCaps users were cornerback Nate Clements, guard Damien Woody, tackle Vernon Carey, tackle Damion McIntosh, defensive end Marquise Hill (who accidentally drowned in May 2007), receiver Jonathan Smith, fullback Damion Shelton, and fullback Patrick Pass."

I wonder if it was before or after he signed with the 49ers. I also don't think it's that big of a deal. Thoughts?
Probably not a big deal.

-9fA
I did some more research on Star Caps, it was pulled from the shelves by the FDA because it contained bumetanide, a substance it didn't list that it contained. According to wikipedia:

"The drug is often used for weight loss, but also to mask other drugs or steroids by helping to dilute the contents of the user's urine (which is manifested through its actions on the Loop of Henle -- see loop diuretic), yielding a lower concentration of filtered substances which may then go undetected."

I doubt he knew, how could he, when it wasn't listed in the ingredients.
It's basically a "water pill" and it's real shady to have this unreported in the pill. If anyone knows a relative who takes lasix for congestive heart failure or other issues with swelling it's basicallybthe drugs cousin. It is not a banned substance
So does this mean Nate is/was doping?
Originally posted by Winners:

I doubt he knew, how could he, when it wasn't listed in the ingredients.

Chil' please...I'll bet that's exactly the line they use when Goody calls em into his office.
They already caught the Williams Bros from Minnesota and tried to punish them...they haven't even missed a single game yet.
Calm down people... This was before it was banned.

Quote:
The players who tested positive before the league opted to crack down on StarCaps users were cornerback Nate Clements, guard Damien Woody, tackle Vernon Carey, tackle Damion McIntosh, defensive end Marquise Hill (who accidentally drowned in May 2007), receiver Jonathan Smith, fullback Damion Shelton, and fullback Patrick Pass.

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Aug 2, 2010 at 11:14:20 ]
Share 49ersWebzone