LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Barrows: 49ers tried to trade Glen Coffee on draft day

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Never liked him.

Glen Coffee..just listen to that name. Doesn't sound like a beast RB.

Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Anthony DIXON

And we all know it is the name that makes the running back. Take Herschel Walker for example, that name screams monster running back...

Herschel Walker sounds like a tough motherf**ker.
Never liked him.

Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Anthony DIXON

And we all know it is the name that makes the running back. Take Herschel Walker for example, that name screams monster running back...

like Chuck Noris (Walker)
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Never liked him.

Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Anthony DIXON

like Chuck Noris (Walker)

exactly
Never liked him.

Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Anthony DIXON
Kory Sheets

fixed
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
Never liked him.

Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Anthony DIXON
Kory Sheets

fixed

they almost traded your owner
Looks like it's gonna be the Gore and Dixon show next season (cause it's no wonder we're trying to discipline Dixon into a running style similar to Gore).

Coffee tried, but every chance he got he f**ked things up (rookie season or not). He almost managed to even f**k up a TD during that Falcons game! I still haven't forgiven Coffee for f**king up Allen Rossum's final KR with the team during that Hawks game (at the Stick) last season.
Hopefully Bowman breaks the third round jinx of the Niners. I mean how fricking hard is it to draft a player in the top 100 picks.

Gio Carmazzi, Glen Coffee, Reggie Smith, Ray Mcdonald, Brandon Williams, Adam Snyder, Derrick Hamilton, Andrew Williams, Saleem Rasheed......
interesting time of the year for this to come out, methinks. this either paves the way for Dixon or is the proverbial fire under Coffee's ass needed to get things in gear.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Hopefully Bowman breaks the third round jinx of the Niners. I mean how fricking hard is it to draft a player in the top 100 picks.

Gio Carmazzi, Glen Coffee, Reggie Smith, Ray Mcdonald, Brandon Williams, Adam Snyder, Derrick Hamilton, Andrew Williams, Saleem Rasheed......

for a list of 3rd rounders that list isn't horrible. four of the team's top backup's for the upcoming season are on that list. the jury is still out to lunch on Coffee (thus this thread) but, Smith, McDonald, and yes even Snyder are all being counted on to help this team.
I dont get people who say coffee sucks, after just 1 rookie season

thye would have probably cut john taylor, jesse sapolu, merton hanks,wesly walls (just a few players who come to mind as having become very good after getting some time to develop)

and it seems to be forgotten that coffee was running behind a oline that sucked...

At least the staff agreed with me that Coffee sucked when he filled in for Gore. So many of you were saying "he's a rookie what the f**k do u expect"

kiss my ass b***hes!
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by 9erred:

for a list of 3rd rounders that list isn't horrible. four of the team's top backup's for the upcoming season are on that list. the jury is still out to lunch on Coffee (thus this thread) but, Smith, McDonald, and yes even Snyder are all being counted on to help this team.

Yeah, he forgot to list Frank Gore (as he was a 3rd rounder in 2005).

Originally posted by hofer36:
I dont get people who say coffee sucks, after just 1 rookie season

thye would have probably cut john taylor, jesse sapolu, merton hanks,wesly walls (just a few players who come to mind as having become very good after getting some time to develop)

and it seems to be forgotten that coffee was running behind a oline that sucked...

It's because RBs are almost entirely expendable right now, and they're not developmental (positions) anymore since even the most mediocre/somewhat productive RB is a dime-a-dozen. (It's the biggest 'revolving door' position in the NFL.)

-Teams go through RBs like Patrick Willis' victims go through underpants. You don't perform, you'll be replaced instantly with either a vet/rookie who can do the job.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jul 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM ]
I was pumped for the o-line and Coffee in preseason last year and then reality hit once the regular season started.

I don't know whether to believe the sources. Right now, I'm just a little skeptical.

Although it will be interesting to see how many snaps Dixon gets.

-9fA
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'll give Coffee this year to truly judge him. Iupati and Davis will be upgrade run blocking on our OL.

EDIT Plus I think Chilo will get way better having Ray Brown to coach him.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 29, 2010 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
I'll give Coffee this year to truly judge him. Iupati and Davis will be upgrade run blocking on our OL.

EDIT Plus I think Chilo will get way better having Ray Brown coach him.

As many of you are passing judgement on Glen Coffee, I'd like you all to recall a certain Running Back that spent five seasons in the NFL before he fully realized his potential.

Share 49ersWebzone