LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

49ers Rookies Signings Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
thats a good way to start my day...seeing that all the picks are signed. now lets get the season going.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I bet VD gets his extension tomorrow.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam_Schefter

Niners gave first-round pick Anthony Davis a 5-year, $26.5 million contract that includes $15.954 million guaranteed.

That's actually less than what Crabtree got last year as the 10th overall pick. So much for inflation.

But didnĀ“t Crabtree sign a 6-year contract? I think if you factor that in, Davis should get a sizeable bump percentage-wise compared to Crabtree last year.
Well done management, glad they're all going to get in on time!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
great news!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I bet VD gets his extension tomorrow.

I say by the 10th
the only reason Crabs got a 6 year deal is because he sat on his a$$ for most of the 1st year so its really just a 5 year deal.
  • Veteran
Excellent work once again by Paraag Marathe.

I believe he has gotten every rookie signed on time since he was put in charge of contracts (2005?), with the exception of Crabby and his gutless idiot agent Eugene Parker.

Originally posted by smashmouth51:
the only reason Crabs got a 6 year deal is because he sat on his a$$ for most of the 1st year so its really just a 5 year deal.

Exactly, the first year was a sunk cost in the Crabs contract (purely due to his retarded agent) and then we were able to load his contract with so many escalators and benchmarks he has to be a top 5 receiver for the remainder of his contract just to get paid what he would of gotten had he signed on time... Eugene Parker = moron! Why do you think Dez was the first pick signed... Eugene had to save face and prove that he isn't incompetent when it comes to rookies lol.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Exactly, the first year was a sunk cost in the Crabs contract (purely due to his retarded agent) and then we were able to load his contract with so many escalators and benchmarks he has to be a top 5 receiver for the remainder of his contract just to get paid what he would of gotten had he signed on time... Eugene Parker = moron! Why do you think Dez was the first pick signed... Eugene had to save face and prove that he isn't incompetent when it comes to rookies lol.

9ers got a steal since Crabs played at a respectably high level last year. So the extra year makes it all the sweeter.
A little late to the party

But we just signed all of our draft picks with competitive salaries. Paraag, mad props.
Championship.

-9fA
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by 5280High:

9ers got a steal since Crabs played at a respectably high level last year. So the extra year makes it all the sweeter.

Are we the only two completly jacked about this? The best thing that ever happened to us was Crabs holding out.
Share 49ersWebzone