LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Michael Lombardi says Willis is top 10 Frank Gore is not...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Lombardi forgot to include Brian Jennings, the best long snapper in the NFL.

As with any list, it's highly subjective. Lombardi is usually fairly accurate in his assesments and as a Walsh disciple he is not a 49er hater.

^ That is probably the most terrifying thing I've seen all week.
I can't for the life of me think of 10 running backs I like more than Frank.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
F**k Soap!! he is damn suck!

Yes BuZz, he is not the chip of yestertime f**king.

If Soap is not good for his team this year then.. F**king cut him roster or Trade it for Draft NFL next year.. I am thinking how good does plan..
Frank Gore says Rich Eisen is top 10 but Michael Lombardi is not...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The same Michael Lombardi who likes to take partial credit for discovering Jerry Rice from Walsh?

I know what you mean, but it's funny how these guys would call a 1 round draft pick a "discovery." It's not like we picked in the first when everyone else had him sloted for the middle of the fourth. I guess you have to justify your pay some how...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Actually Frank doesn't say sh*t. He does his talking on the field.

But I'll bet he wrote this sh*t down...and I feel a great swell of pity for anyone who has to play against Frank with a chip on his shoulder.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He does however think the 49ers are the 11th best/most talented team in the NFL:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8194b18a/article/with-proper-pieces-in-place-saints-top-bluechip-rankings
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by FL9er:
He does however think the 49ers are the 11th best/most talented team in the NFL:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8194b18a/article/with-proper-pieces-in-place-saints-top-bluechip-rankings

That s**t doesn't even make sense
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Actually Frank doesn't say sh*t. He does his talking on the field.

But I'll bet he wrote this sh*t down...and I feel a great swell of pity for anyone who has to play against Frank with a chip on his shoulder.

Nobody can understand him anyways.
Here's the list of his blue chip RB prospects.

Petersen, Johnson, Jones-Drew, Rice, D. Williams, Jackson, Ricky Williams, Benson. Apparently he was too lazy to get 10 players.

To review, I'm breaking down the amount of blue- (those among the top 10 at their position) and red-chip players (top 15) on each team. Along with the players, I am also identifying six blue-chip coaches (more on this later).

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Blue-chip players: LB Patrick Willis, TE Vernon Davis and P Andy Lee.

Red-chip players: Nickel rusher Manny Lawson, nickel DT Justin Smith, DE Isaac Sopoaga, FS Dashon Goldson NT Aubrayo Franklin and RB Frank Gore.

The 49ers finished fourth in the league in points allowed and in examining their list, it is easy to see why they were so good defensively. They have young talent that can control the line of scrimmage. Still, their ability to take the next step depends on quarterback Alex Smith playing well for 16 games.

The Dumbass Link

Very interesting list, it is purely his opinions and it shows. Frank Gore is one of the top 5 running backs IMO but he has him listed as below top 10. Also very interesting that he included Manny Lawson, who I think is a great and underrated player on this board.
Thoughts?

Thanks for the link. how were you able to write dumbass link over the link?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
To review, I'm breaking down the amount of blue- (those among the top 10 at their position) and red-chip players (top 15) on each team. Along with the players, I am also identifying six blue-chip coaches (more on this later).

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Blue-chip players: LB Patrick Willis, TE Vernon Davis and P Andy Lee.

Red-chip players: Nickel rusher Manny Lawson, nickel DT Justin Smith, DE Isaac Sopoaga, FS Dashon Goldson NT Aubrayo Franklin and RB Frank Gore.

The 49ers finished fourth in the league in points allowed and in examining their list, it is easy to see why they were so good defensively. They have young talent that can control the line of scrimmage. Still, their ability to take the next step depends on quarterback Alex Smith playing well for 16 games.

The Dumbass Link

Very interesting list, it is purely his opinions and it shows. Frank Gore is one of the top 5 running backs IMO but he has him listed as below top 10. Also very interesting that he included Manny Lawson, who I think is a great and underrated player on this board.
Thoughts?

Thanks for the link. how were you able to write dumbass link over the link?

I used the D, U, M, B, A, S and S keys.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I didn't read the responses here, but I'm sure it was noted that Alex Smith wasn't even characterized as a red chipper, and that Lombardi indicated we'd have much more upside if we had traded for McNabb. Let the excuses fly.....
Originally posted by Shaj:
I didn't read the responses here, but I'm sure it was noted that Alex Smith wasn't even characterized as a red chipper, and that Lombardi indicated we'd have much more upside if we had traded for McNabb. Let the excuses fly.....

Give it a rest.

-9fA
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Shaj:

Give it a rest.

-9fA

I won't rest until we have a franchise QB. The issue zoners had with Razzano was that he was unemployed and spiteful. Lombardi is employed and has no bias against the niners or Smith (if anything, he's giving us a lot of love), yet he still made the point that Smith is not a Blue or Red chipper and we should've traded for McNabb so that we'd have someone competent tossing the ball to our receivers. The norm in this site is to rip the source or provide excuses for Smith, so I'm waiting for both.
Share 49ersWebzone