LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Why I think we won't make the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No the reason for not making the Playoffs if that does happen AGAIN, will be our QB errr lack there of.
We were a 6-8 team before we played 2 door mats who packed it in after week 5. Let's not make it like we were a contender last season. Yeah we played the Colts and Vikings tough last season but there's no such thing as moral victories. We lost both of those games with while playing our A game.

I think we make the playoffs just because our division sucks, but it's not a sure thing. We can f*ck around start off slow once again and then play QB carousel the rest of the season and miss out because of that. Singletary has a quick trigger finger. So far it's helped but I'm not sure if that's a good idea this season if Alex struggles early.
I wouldn't worry about the teams we beat last year in relation to the success we're gonna have (or not have) this year. We still have a young team that's learning how to win and whether the negative so and so's on the MB's think so or not;our team made huge improvements last year.

As usual,it's all gonna come down to how fast our new O-line comes together...again. If there's one thing I'm frustrated about it's all the juggling we've done up front. I'm a firm believer in continuity when it comes to the line and we've changed our line more than our co-ordinators. Having said that,I do like our 1st 2 draft picks this year;they both look nasty and I don't think we've had nasty since Kevin Gogan. Just hope they get it quickly or we're in for another 8-8.

As far as Pete Carol goes,I truly hope the media crawls up his rectum and damn near kills em over this USC recruiting
mess. I despise the garbage eating birds and Carol. A pox on both of their houses.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We were a 6-8 team before we played 2 door mats who packed it in after week 5. Let's not make it like we were a contender last season. Yeah we played the Colts and Vikings tough last season but there's no such thing as moral victories. We lost both of those games with while playing our A game.

I think we make the playoffs just because our division sucks, but it's not a sure thing. We can f*ck around start off slow once again and then play QB carousel the rest of the season and miss out because of that. Singletary has a quick trigger finger. So far it's helped but I'm not sure if that's a good idea this season if Alex struggles early.

Let's not get carried away with the moral victories of the Vikings and Colts games. The Rams played the Saints tough for all 4 quarters last season and they lost by less than a TD--OMGZZRAMZAREGOOD!!! NOT!!
I think that for the first time in several years, the reality of the 49ers winning the division and making the playoffs is not a total stretch. However, it is definetely NOT a given thing, the 49ers will have to come out ready to play from Week 1. Sing, and Raye will have to become more confident in Smith and allow him to win a few games with creative play calling. The D is going to have to play lights out and not give up big plays each game. I believe the 49ers will win the division and make the playoffs, but if they start patting themselves on their backs already..we could be in for another long season.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Our defense isnt as good as we think it is

Our defense is better then you think it is...
Dude! I at least want to get four or five regular season games under our belts before I decide if this is a playoff team or not. I'm just saying.
I agree with the cautious approach. Although I'm thinking the Niners will have a 10-6 season, they will have to learn how to win, and how to win close games. This is a skill. Because winners expect to win games, they do everything to win games. They don't make fatal mistakes like turnovers, but force the other team to make mistakes. The current Niners don't understand have this experience. One of the reason's Dwight Clark's "Catch" was so big, it got the Niners past a hurdle of losing to the Cowboys. Remember, the Niners had six turnovers that day, but not a fatal one. Montana threw three interceptions that day and three poor passes in the winning drive, including a missed TD to Freddie Solomon to set up "The Catch."

Go Niners.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Jul 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
We are in the NFC West, thanks to ex USC guys, rah rah Pete in Seattle & Leinart in Arizona and the Rams being the Rams we should win the division pretty easy, even with our last years team. Add fixing the O-line and a division win is a given.
F**k what you think!!!!

The niners will make the playoffs!

We play the afc west and the nfc west, we SHOULD make the playoffs, now they just have to actually do it.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Well, the stultified cad who started this thread, is no longer with us.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
but hopefully I am wrong about it.

Let's look at the teams that we beat last season:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.

Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Let's not get carried away with the moral victories of the Vikings and Colts games. The Rams played the Saints tough for all 4 quarters last season and they lost by less than a TD--OMGZZRAMZAREGOOD!!! NOT!!

TeambyTheBay, just gtfo. Seriously.
Share 49ersWebzone