Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by walker807:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.[/quote

how the hell did they get lucky?

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

and Vikings got lucky with a last second miracle Favre pass

its gonna all have to do with QB play, thats it.

only after this:

1-10-SF 47 (1:49) 29-G.Coffee right guard to SF 49 for 2 yards (93-K.Williams, 56-E.Henderson).

Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:45.
2-8-SF 49 (1:45) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 49 for 2 yards (94-P.Williams).

Timeout #2 by MIN at 01:41.
3-6-MIN 49 (1:41) 29-G.Coffee right end to MIN 47 for 2 yards (56-E.Henderson).

Jimmy Raye is a freaken joke.

The last time I was that furious watching a series of plays during a niner game had to be that ridiculous substitution at the end of the Monday night game against the cards in 08.

I didn't help that Frank was injured 3 min in had 1 carry for 4 yards and Hill sucked ass that day the team had like 7 three and outs (1st four drives of the game 3 and outs) they got lucky on a couple pass plays and a blocked FG returned for a TD to even be in that game
Last year was the first full season of the Singletary program....we are much better off this season, we were in flux in so many ways last season and still had our best year in 7 years.

We will dominate this season and seasons to come.
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
Originally posted by treetrunks:
Originally posted by fastforward:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

You obviously forgot the two-minute offense at the end of the first half.

I was talking about Gore who averaged only 2 yard a carry after that run. Peyton Manning lit us up for 350 yards and Addai threw a bomb on us. This defense is overrated at crunch time, can't you see that?

Why do you say that the Defense is overrated at crunch time? I'd like to see any defense that is on the field as much as ours was the past few seasons light s**t up all game long.

This, honestly, our defense allowed 7 points per 2nd half last season, I believe "crunch time" falls within the 2nd half.

umm let's see what games we lost during crunch time

Titans, Colts, Vikings, and Seahawks

the other games--we got blown out after the first half

Titans..... Alex doin what he does
Colts...... Peyton didn't throw a TD
Vikings....ummm, first down to win the game?
Seahawks...... Held to 17 in as many possesions, 14 points for our offense,lol

You are mentally challenged if you think our problems lie in defense, 4th in the league in points, seriously, those loses would have been way worse if not for our D, 2 of those losses you mentioned had us scoring 14 points, that's awful, Titans game had 15 turnovers against us, and the viking game would have been won with a first down, in the 4TH Quarter, that D wasn't even fresh.
What about the awful Titans loss?
The terrible seahawks loss?
The Atlanta game?
The greenbay game?

Our D is still a problem, I hope mays can help that out.. but he prob won't see much of the field till after the bye week imo.
TBTB and who ever else needs to watch the games again.

HOU, GB, Philly 9rs had muffed punt fumbles at key stops by the D in the game.

offense had so many drop balls on key 3rd downs (mostly by Bruce) that forced Raye to run because he had no other choice.

Also, we won 8 games playing that style with all those mishaps that are correctable. once corrected easily the Division is ours
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by treetrunks:
Originally posted by fastforward:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

You obviously forgot the two-minute offense at the end of the first half.

I was talking about Gore who averaged only 2 yard a carry after that run. Peyton Manning lit us up for 350 yards and Addai threw a bomb on us. This defense is overrated at crunch time, can't you see that?

Why do you say that the Defense is overrated at crunch time? I'd like to see any defense that is on the field as much as ours was the past few seasons light s**t up all game long.

This, honestly, our defense allowed 7 points per 2nd half last season, I believe "crunch time" falls within the 2nd half.

umm let's see what games we lost during crunch time

Titans, Colts, Vikings, and Seahawks

the other games--we got blown out after the first half

Titans..... Alex doin what he does
Colts...... Peyton didn't throw a TD
Vikings....ummm, first down to win the game?
Seahawks...... Held to 17 in as many possesions, 14 points for our offense,lol

You are mentally challenged if you think our problems lie in defense, 4th in the league in points, seriously, those loses would have been way worse if not for our D, 2 of those losses you mentioned had us scoring 14 points, that's awful, Titans game had 15 turnovers against us, and the viking game would have been won with a first down, in the 4TH Quarter, that D wasn't even fresh.
What about the awful Titans loss?
The terrible seahawks loss?
The Atlanta game?
The greenbay game?

Our D is still a problem, I hope mays can help that out.. but he prob won't see much of the field till after the bye week imo.

Titans...... with 5 turnovers, I dare defense to carry a team
Seahawks....... 17 points, get real
Green Bay...... whatever man the defense was on the field way to long
Our defense isnt as good as we think it is
1. we had no o-line last year
2. crabtree came late in season
3. switched qbs after 5 games
I agree jimmy raye is a joke his offensive scheme is to conservative.
We should win ten games easy this year, we the fifth easiest schedule this year.
  • dald1
  • Veteran

besides the miracle pass the vikings got lucky because gore was injured for the majority of the game. as for the colts game they had to score a td witha trick play. LUCK stop hating
My take on why we would not make the playoffs
#1 Injuries--Can't forsee these. Our depth will get us thew though. Where we were deficient last year, we now have resources. Our OL, secondary, and pass rush have more talent than before. The real only place I can see us getting slammed with an injury is at CB.

#2 Alex Smith chokes!--In order for us to get to the next level, the QB must not lose the game and win it on his shoulders if he has to. This is the biggest question mark of all even with my faith. Can he pick up a blitz and either run it, complete it or throw it away? No more sacks! He must be able to make things happen. I just don't see him choking. Instead, I really believe that he will be a very pleasant surprise this season.

#3 Secondary speed. Right now, I am concerned with the overall secondary recovery speed of our starters especially M. Lewis and N. Clements. This squad must play smarter and take better angles. They can't recover that well. Once Mays is in there, sure we get better speed along Goldson, but supplanting experience with youth could be costly to begin with.

#4 Turnovers--We could be winning or about to win when the something like this happens: Fumble or Interception! Gore and Alex must be more diligent in protecting that ball. Sure you take risks, but at the appropriate times. Is five yards or 10 yards worth trying if you get the ball stripped or picked off? Oh hell no! We must protect that ball!

Those are my top four for missing the playoffs. I like our depth especially at OL. I see a different Alex this off-season with more maturity and gumption. I see some of the 2nd and 3rd string secondary stepping up and making plays. Finally, we all know Coach's focus on ball control and security.

I do see us making the playoffs. This team now has the last missing piece to at least make a run at the playoffs: Offensive continuity.
Every year is a new year and personally I enter every season believing the 49ers can make the playoffs. There really isnt any point in discussing last year. Last year is done and over. Hopefully improvements will be made and we can eliminate some of the bone headed mistakes and play calling that lost games in the past. Learning how to win is a process and I feel the team is on the cusp of owning that process. 49ers = playoffs in 2010! YesSir!

Originally posted by Mex49:
I think we will because we play the
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers
and the Chiefs. That should do it

that

and this

Carolina and Tampa Bay on schedule
Originally posted by valrod33:
Absolutely no way we miss the playoffs!!!! Guaranteed at least one game!!! The Rams suck, the Tards lost a lot, The Seachickens are rebuilding and have a slight chance, but unless we have a ton of key injuries this is our year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by valrod33:

our defense is good till it comes late in 4th quarter for example the seahawks vikings green bay and colts game come to mind either they are tired or theyre not clutch
so you think we will be the same team as last year and everyone else will be better?
Share 49ersWebzone