but hopefully I am wrong about it.

Let's look at the teams that we beat last season:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.

I guess if you think our offense will show zero improvement over 2009 then yeah, you shouldn't expect a division championship.

As for your comments on the defense, I just don't see it . . . at all. The defensive players on our roster will not get complacent because they think they're so great . . . not on Singletary's watch.

On the rest of the division, I think AZ lost way too much to hold it together . . . and Carroll might improve things in Seattle, but it's my guess his players are already casting a wary eye at him because he obviously made the jump to the NFL only to escape a sinking ship at USC.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by walker807:
the vikings and colts got lucky and the team should be better this year than last year. No reason the niners dont make the playoffs this year.

how the hell did they get lucky?

Gore broke out ONE RUN against the Colts and we couldn't do jack after. They won fair and square after that because we couldn't stop s**t at the end. Against the Vikings, we were getting OWNED during the first half then WE got lucky with the block FG return TD.

FAIR and SQUARE.......?????? it took a trick play to beat us and we did not have clements and staley.....last time i checked if they did not have their best cb and OL they would of lost by quite a bit.

AND THE VIKINGS...we made Favre look bad the whole game except for 1 or 2 passes.....he almost threw 3 int's and his comp % was horrible, and agian NO GORE and Crabtree and I believe Staley. Also, THEY GOT LUCKY with the kickoff return if we got lucky with the blocked fg. Please THINK before you speak....it looks like you may have selective memory...try to get that looked at
Originally posted by Antix:
We lostALOT of close games. We just need to learn to finish off good teams which is the step I rexpect this team to make next year. Vikings, Colts, Texans, Packers, those were all close losses versus really good teams.

We gotta learn to finish.

Our defense got bombed on in ALL of those games and our offense couldn't move anything before the game was already all of hand--looking at that, everything could be traced back to bad coaching and game planning.

Two games that we should've won...... Packers and Texans.

Against the Texans, Jimmy Raye waited till after halftime before he started calling an aggressive game. But by halftime, the team was down 21-0. The team rallies back with Alex throwing 3 TDs in the second half, only to come up short and lose 24-21.

Against GB, we again fall way behind in the first half. After half time, the team battles back from a 20 point deficit, but fall short once again. The Packers held the ball for the final 6 mins to hold on and win 30-24.

Both of these games have 2 things in common. The D, in both games, got rocked in the first half while the offense played like a highschool JV squad. After halftime, the offense plays more aggressive and scores some points.

So, whats the conclusion here? Is it Jimmy Raye's fault for not being more aggressive in first half? Did the constant 3 and outs cause the D to fatique early in the game?
Or is it the other team? Did the Texans and Packers get conservative after jumping out to big leads, thus letting us get back into games?
[ Edited by AKfanster on Jul 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Ok, so besides the Cards, what do the rest of those teams have in common? they couldn't score. Jimmy Raye was only able to outscored teams with some of the worst offenses and defenses in the league. That is worrisome. To add to that, alot of our key players on defense all of a sudden started to smell their own s**t after an 8-8 (pathetic) season. If these players start the season feeling themselves too much then we'll be in for a rude awakening IMO. Whiz and his staff is still alot more experienced and efficient than Singletary. Also, Pete Carroll will improve the Seahawks.

Instead of looking at who we beat.....what you should do is look at ALL OF OUR GAMES. The Cards are a playoff team who WHIPPED the vikings and WE WHIPPED THE CARDS 2 times. The vikings we did not have GORE or Crabtree and still handled them AWAY well. The IND we handled Manning and their wr and should of won.....[b]see clements...if he was in there would of been another win[/b], not to mention Staley as well. The Titans, easily could of and should of won. So we definitely were in almost every game with a bad offense 5 losses by 7 or less without Crabtree a lot of games, without Gore for 3, and without an OL for all.

So an injuried team actually KICKED ass for almost the whole season, with a horrible OL and a first year OC, so i think we are definitely top 3 to 5 in the nfc.....and we are only getting better.

lol what?

check out Favre's last drive

(1:29) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 32 for 12 yards (22-N.Clements).

1-10-MIN 32 (1:09) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 18-S.Rice pushed ob at MIN 41 for 9 yards (22-N.Clements).

2-1-MIN 41 (1:05) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep middle to 81-V.Shiancoe [91-R.McDonald].

3-1-MIN 41 (1:00) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 12-P.Harvin to MIN 46 for 5 yards.

1-10-MIN 46 (1:00) 4-B.Favre spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2-10-MIN 46 (:40) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 18-S.Rice.

3-10-MIN 46 (:33) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 12-P.Harvin to SF 39 for 15 yards (52-P.Willis).

1-10-SF 39 (:33) 4-B.Favre spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2-10-SF 39 (:16) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 87-B.Berrian to SF 32 for 7 yards (36-S.Spencer).

3-3-SF 32 (:12) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass deep right to 17-G.Lewis for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN [99-M.Lawson]. The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld.

yea Clements was good dude
Originally posted by Mex49:
I think we will because we play the
Rams twice
Seattle twice
Arizona twice
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Packers
and the Chiefs. That should do it

I was going to say the same thing, not to mention injuries (would if Bree's & P. Manning go down for the season). That would change the whole playoff picture! To early for the playoff will/won't talk...
are you even a niner fan?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
We need ten wins to ensure that we have a winning season, and win the division. Last season we had eight wins and the two squeakers would have been 10 wins and the division. Then add on the second Seattle game and that is eleven wins. With the maturity gainded from last season, second season in the same offensive scheme, Smith and Crabtree's development along with Brooks and Goldson's development we would have won those three lost games.

This year we get to put it out on the field again. We have competition and new offensive line coaches and that is two wins all by themselves. So the six division games and four other games gives us the division. We will win the six division games and if we go 50% on the rest of the games we will be at 11 wins.

No, we could make the playoffs with only 8 wins, or even 7 as long as we have the best record in the division and/or win the head-to-heads. If we beat ARI twice, AGAIN, own both the Rams and Seachickens, the division is ours, regardless of having 10. Don't get me wrong, having 10 really puts the onus on ARI should we split the contest, but it is not essential to take the division, and taking the division is all that IS essential to get to the playoffs.

Let's take a conservative approach on our record:

SEA W
NO L
KC W
ATL L
PHI L
OAK W
CAR L
DEN W
STL W
TB W
ARI W
GB L
SEA L
SD L
STL W
ARI W

So, we lose to any decent team (PHI,ATL,GB, NO) but win against all inferior opponents (TB, STL, DEN, OAK, etc.) throw in a loss to SEA "Mulligan week" and as long as we continue the ownage of ARI we are 9-7 and win the division.

Say we have a particular hard time and loose 2 more, but as long as we sweep the Card's and/or have the best record, we're in.
I think we will make the playoffs.
buzz killington
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

I guess if you think our offense will show zero improvement over 2009 then yeah, you shouldn't expect a division championship.

As for your comments on the defense, I just don't see it . . . at all. The defensive players on our roster will not get complacent because they think they're so great . . . not on Singletary's watch.

On the rest of the division, I think AZ lost way too much to hold it together . . . and Carroll might improve things in Seattle, but it's my guess his players are already casting a wary eye at him because he obviously made the jump to the NFL only to escape a sinking ship at USC.

head coaches usually r either good or not in their respective coaching positions..

ex. norv turner made a great oc time after time, but hasnt done it as hc. even now i think he's underachieving with such a talented team and not reaching the super bowl, he wont do it in sd.

now, pete carroll was BAD as a hc in the 90's at the pro level. his success in sc and enthusiastic energy and eye for talent i think makes him look hopeful in seattle, but I have a strong feeling he wont be what seattle is looking for. not worried about them much.

Your reasoning is WAY too narrow bud. Our team improved. Our offense will be better and our D is good. I don't know what you mean by the "D was feeling itself too much," or something to that effect, but the D is solid. If you were referring to contract stuff and guys like Nate Clements not going to voluntary activities, well that is just the NFL youngan. We were competitive in almost every game and probably should of won a couple more.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
buzz killington

[video]null[/video]
i think the only way we dont make the playoffs is if the season is cancelled.
Originally posted by elguapo:

32. Rams
31. Lions
27. Seahawks
22. Jags
21. Bears
8. Cardinals

Instead of looking at who we beat.....what you should do is look at ALL OF OUR GAMES. The Cards are a playoff team who WHIPPED the vikings and WE WHIPPED THE CARDS 2 times. The vikings we did not have GORE or Crabtree and still handled them AWAY well. The IND we handled Manning and their wr and should of won.....[b]see clements...if he was in there would of been another win[/b], not to mention Staley as well. The Titans, easily could of and should of won. So we definitely were in almost every game with a bad offense 5 losses by 7 or less without Crabtree a lot of games, without Gore for 3, and without an OL for all.

So an injuried team actually KICKED ass for almost the whole season, with a horrible OL and a first year OC, so i think we are definitely top 3 to 5 in the nfc.....and we are only getting better.

lol what?

check out Favre's last drive

(1:29) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 32 for 12 yards (22-N.Clements).

1-10-MIN 32 (1:09) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 18-S.Rice pushed ob at MIN 41 for 9 yards (22-N.Clements).

2-1-MIN 41 (1:05) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep middle to 81-V.Shiancoe [91-R.McDonald].

3-1-MIN 41 (1:00) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 12-P.Harvin to MIN 46 for 5 yards.

1-10-MIN 46 (1:00) 4-B.Favre spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2-10-MIN 46 (:40) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 18-S.Rice.

3-10-MIN 46 (:33) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 12-P.Harvin to SF 39 for 15 yards (52-P.Willis).

1-10-SF 39 (:33) 4-B.Favre spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2-10-SF 39 (:16) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 87-B.Berrian to SF 32 for 7 yards (36-S.Spencer).

3-3-SF 32 (:12) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass deep right to 17-G.Lewis for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN [99-M.Lawson]. The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld.

yea Clements was good dude

Wow he gave up A WHOLE 12 YARDS....s**t.....he really blew it........and yes Clements IS good dude. Returned a blocked fg for a td, and broke up quite a few balls not to mention almost picking off a favre pass......Your right he is bad, cost us the game. HA HA...you sure proved your point.

most everyone does not agree with your statements, the niners did very good against favre with no offense, NO GORE, a few HORRIBLE CALLS (see roughing the passer on Smith, and especially the taunting when they should of punted and instead gave them the 1st down and a fg....the game would of been tied at the end of even we could of had the game if either one of those calls were not made).

The niners whipped the sb cards 2 times who handled teams like the vikes and ran up the scoreboard on many teams, but the niners INJURED and with the bad calls were just as good. Now imagine a healthy niner team, now imagine the same OC for 2 years, now imagine Crabtree in for the game, now imagine a healthy OL, now imagine if we actually played them AGAIN, at their home...a win...our home, a pretty easy win.

DONE
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
We lostALOT of close games. We just need to learn to finish off good teams which is the step I rexpect this team to make next year. Vikings, Colts, Texans, Packers, those were all close losses versus really good teams.

We gotta learn to finish.

Our defense got bombed on in ALL of those games and our offense couldn't move anything before the game was already all of hand--looking at that, everything could be traced back to bad coaching and game planning.

ok dude any way u look at it

4 San Francisco 49ers 16 17.6 281 281 17.6 12 14 0 1 1 0 0 0 26 29 0 0

ranked 4th ppg allowed, 17.6... we will be fine, and looking at this the offense and alex will get 3 td's a game imo... that stat might go down with our defense getting better.
Share 49ersWebzone