LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

Razzano remarks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

It kinda helps if your QB comprehends the entire playbook before he steps in to play. I doubt Davis is mentally or physically ready to lead this team, based on OTA's, mini-camp, and his own interviews.

if that's the case then Alex Smith shouldn't have played a down in his first 5 years in the league.

There is no doubting Alex's intelligence. He scored 44 or something on the wonderlic and graduated college in 2 1/2 years.

and BTW.. Ranzanno should STFU.. If he were any good he would have a job.

Yeah, Alex isn't stupid, it's just that whole throwing thing that he has to work on.
Razzano sounds like (and probably is) someone who posts on this forum. We just have to figure out who he is...

I certainly hope that Alex does good, but until he does so, Razzano hasn't been wrong yet. Getting off the rah rah and being real.

The niners could still win in spite of Alex. You can't judge him because say they go 10-6 and make the playoffs. You have to judge him where, does he or did he cost us the game or did we win some because of him. Keeping the win because of him to cost us the game ratio win high is the key to whether the niners resign him or not after this season.

As for Davis he needs 1 or 2 more years of seasoning, physically I think he is there, mentally no. The niners need to give him a lot of time in preseason to assess where he is-better than last year or not, if not and alex fails then we will need to get another QB.

Here is hoping Alex prove me wrong in my original assessment that he wasn't worth the overall number one pick, I'd rather be wrong, cause I am tired of losing, starting to feel like the Aints of yesteryear.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by susweel:
I kind of agree with him.

However I do wish that Smith proves all of us doubters wrong.

you think nate davis should be starting over alex smith?

I forgot, sorry, Alex Smith will suddenly get better over the offseason and will have corrected all his probems by throwing the ball around in OTAs, and I don't want Nate to start (yet) honestly it's foolish to believe that our rebuilding is over, Nate needs to learn (who will teach him idk). I honestly don't know what I would do if the decision were mine, but eventually dump Alex and train Davis.
yes, thats exactly what will happen
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Razzano sounds like (and probably is) someone who posts on this forum. We just have to figure out who he is...

Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
Originally posted by susweel:
I kind of agree with him.

However I do wish that Smith proves all of us doubters wrong.

you think nate davis should be starting over alex smith?

I forgot, sorry, Alex Smith will suddenly get better over the offseason and will have corrected all his probems by throwing the ball around in OTAs, and I don't want Nate to start (yet) honestly it's foolish to believe that our rebuilding is over, Nate needs to learn (who will teach him idk). I honestly don't know what I would do if the decision were mine, but eventually dump Alex and train Davis.
yes, thats exactly what will happen

I can see it now............. all the Smith doubters such as myself being force-fed crow in inappropriate amounts, as we all celebrate Alex Smith success, Oh wait, I left the gas on in the stove again.
Originally posted by Nyner:
Razzano says Davis should be starting instead of Smith....lol
no wonder you're unemployed fella....Go retire in peace.

Yeah, he sounds a little like a bitter hater. He is right about Alex being overrated and overdrafted. That draft class was weak, especially for QBs coming out of college. That's why Alex came out, he knew is the best opportunity for him.

FYI, it's whack to use ur instead of your or you're unless you're texting. Maybe you did this off your phone not sure, just annoys me. You probably don't care, but just felt like putting it out there so you sound better next time
Bitter? Party of one! Dude lost his job bc of Smith. Of course he is going to stick to his guns.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Nyner:
Razzano says Davis should be starting instead of Smith....lol
no wonder you're unemployed fella....Go retire in peace.

Yeah, he sounds a little like a bitter hater. He is right about Alex being overrated and overdrafted. That draft class was weak, especially for QBs coming out of college. That's why Alex came out, he knew is the best opportunity for him.

FYI, it's whack to use ur instead of your or you're unless you're texting. Maybe you did this off your phone not sure, just annoys me. You probably don't care, but just felt like putting it out there so you sound better next time

Sorry, I couldn't resist.........................
[ Edited by RumphLegacy on Jul 2, 2010 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

There is no doubting Alex's intelligence. He scored 44 or something on the wonderlic and graduated college in 2 1/2 years.

and BTW.. Ranzanno should STFU.. If he were any good he would have a job.

Only there have been doubts about how quick he picks up on playbooks. Hell.. the whole reason the team went away from a WCO was because Alex had trouble picking it up.
[ Edited by posayshoohaa on Jul 2, 2010 at 12:41 PM ]

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
his Smith comments are right on. It's hard to see this kind of stuff when you're a hard core fan. If you think about all the hype Smith has gotten this off season, and all the media and players swinging from his nuts, none have them have based their comments on his actual performance. ALL of them have based their comments on knowledge of the offense, command of the huddle and the play, confidence exuded, and emotions showed after the occasional good play. All of that and a dollar will buy you a small cup of stale coffee at 7-11. it doesn't result in good play unless he actually plays good, which he hasn't done in 5 years. Talk is cheap, fellas. We need Smith to show up on the field for the first time in his career. Year 6 is a good place to start.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Razzano is an "ex" scout and for a reason, obviously.
Originally posted by Shaj:
his Smith comments are right on. It's hard to see this kind of stuff when you're a hard core fan. If you think about all the hype Smith has gotten this off season, and all the media and players swinging from his nuts, none have them have based their comments on his actual performance. ALL of them have based their comments on knowledge of the offense, command of the huddle and the play, confidence exuded, and emotions showed after the occasional good play. All of that and a dollar will buy you a small cup of stale coffee at 7-11. it doesn't result in good play unless he actually plays good, which he hasn't done in 5 years. Talk is cheap, fellas. We need Smith to show up on the field for the first time in his career. Year 6 is a good place to start.

We see eye to eye, you and I
Razzano's account of what happened with the Rams seems a little odd. The Rams signed Marc Bulger to a big money four year contract in 2004. Bulger had a pro-bowl year in 2004. Why would they argue so intensely (to the point where Razzano credits it for one of the reasons he lost his job) when it seems pretty evident that the Rams would not have been in the market for a high-round QB in 2005? Something in his account just doesn't seem right to me.
Guy's just bitter cuz he got fired.
Share 49ersWebzone