LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

Who has a better year? Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams or Chris Johnson

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who has a better year? Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams or Chris Johnson

• Chief
  • Veteran
Three RB's considered to be very good who all just got a new contract. Voting started early in the season.

Stats after week 9

Frank Gore
159 Rushes 782 Yards 4.9 YPC 5 TD
13 rec 78 yards

DeAngelo Williams
75 rushes 363 yards 4.8 ypc 1 TD
10 rec 61 yards

Chris Johnson
121 rushes 366 yards 3 ypc 1 TD
31 rec for 206 yards
[ Edited by Chief on Nov 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM ]
Haha they all suck
kendall hunter
  • mod
  • Veteran
Lesson here... do not renew contract
CJ2K will get it going.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by modninerfan:

That's actually a very interesting point. All three of these players got a good deal....
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

That's actually a very interesting point. All three of these players got a good deal....

Yes. Did you not read the first sentence of this thread?
chris johnson
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Definitey Cop Speed
Doubt all 3 of those guys keep that pace. At worst it's like paying him for all hard work since 05. He got 3 years 21 million with 13.5 guaranteed including the 4.5 that was already due to him this year anyways.

Williams signed for 5 years 43 mil with 21 guaranteed.

Johnson got 4 years 53 mill with 30 guaranteed.

Obviously, this isn't the end of their careers but right now if this pace kept up our contract would look a lot better then the other two. With Johnson it would be like paying him for the past two years... at least with Gore and Williams you are paying them for what they did from 05 and 06 respectively. Their rookie contracts weren't much, especially Gore but Gore also got a decent extension a few years ago. Either way I am not too mad because he gave us 110% for all those years. Can't be any worse than paying Brandon Jones 16.5 with x guaranteed for 1 catch.

As for running backs I like the draft them in the 2nd-3rd/mid rounds strategy. Same with ILBs, don't overpay you can draft them and they have the best college to pro conversion rate. I like the pay for OL via FA, draft QB, DL, WR, secondary early. Get your TE's and backup WRs in the 2-4th round or so.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM ]

Gore is making the least amount of money with the highest YPC out of those three.
I wonder how many Tennessee fans are calling Chris Johnson "done"? Our fans are so great.
ha they all got their money and all suck.
The only one of these 3 that I would have much faith in going forward is Chris Johnson. Gore and Williams are not close to being top 10 backs in this league any longer.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The only one of these 3 that I would have much faith in going forward is Chris Johnson. Gore and Williams are not close to being top 10 backs in this league any longer.

None of them after 3 games are even close.
Is Mcfadden the best RB in the league as of this moment?!
Share 49ersWebzone