LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

• Apone
  • Veteran
He is a rookie, he is bound to have his slumps. And playing T in the NFL is no easy tasks. 3rd year will be a better assessment.
Rookie year, I expect the next o-line/OC coach to make the smart move and put him at LT next year where he'll flourish/succeed.
I think we have 3 more wins if Sims started this year instead of Davis. I said it from training camp, how come all reports at out OTAs was how much further Iupati was in front of Davis, but we put him in anyways.

more than half of Alex's game ending turnovers, and now an injury has come because of a result of Davis' play. Being desperate enough to go with a rookie is not what winning organizations do.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I think we have 3 more wins if Sims started this year instead of Davis. I said it from training camp, how come all reports at out OTAs was how much further Iupati was in front of Davis, but we put him in anyways.

more than half of Alex's game ending turnovers, and now an injury has come because of a result of Davis' play. Being desperate enough to go with a rookie is not what winning organizations do.
  • dj43
He will be good. He has the tools. The trouble is, teams no longer put their best pass rusher on the right side of the defense. Everyone now tries to put a pass rush threat on BOTH edges. The result is that guys like Davis struggle until the get the timing down.

I think Solari needs to let him sit for a week or two to get the pressure off him. Move Staley to RT and put Sims at LT against Denver. Then bring Davis back when they get home.
I think the problem is this:

OUR PHILOSOPHY IS THIS...
WE GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE HIT US IN THE MOUTH!!!!
Originally posted by brhokla:

WE GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE HIT US IN THE MOUTH
!!!!

again
The 49ers team is a bust.
he will be a good T just too young
Originally posted by brhokla:

WE GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE HIT US IN THE MOUTH!!!!

Phail with a Ph

Davis has been terrible but if we apply the Alex Smith standards to Davis, then according to the stans, Davis is not a bust.

Davis should not be blamed for his play EVER. Its everybody else's fault. Solari, scheme, maybe Rachal, maybe Alex is making the wrong protection calls, maybe the defense is blitzing too much, maybe the DE is playing too hard, maybe the DC is exploiting Davis's weaknesses.

6 more years, 6 more years and then we should have enough time to decide if Davis is a bust.

You guys are just haterz. You guys rely too much on reality to make judgement calls.
He needs to be benched. Now.
I am a true believer that it is a waste of a pick to draft a O-Lineman in the first or early second round. Those picks should be for more skilled positions. We have wasted way to many early picks on them over the last 5-7 years.
  • dj43
So much of what is wrong with this team right now is coaching-centered that it would be wrong to make decisions about who is a bust and who is not based on the play this year. In all my many years of watching football, I have never seen a coaching staff so totally without answers to what is going on around them.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I am a true believer that it is a waste of a pick to draft a O-Lineman in the first or early second round. Those picks should be for more skilled positions. We have wasted way to many early picks on them over the last 5-7 years.

This is a dumb thing to believe.
Share 49ersWebzone