Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I can't believe someone made a thread on this topic already. We have some bright fans...

Thank you. All messages of love are appreciated.

Well they shouldn't be. Wondering if someone is a bust before TC(you made this post before) is the definition of a fan who sh!ts their pants. I mean seriously, what kind of a thread is this?

Unbelievable.

Fans who sh1t their pants deserve love too. We can't all be perfect.

You really must be one of those 'new' kind of idiots...

Hmm....

I wonder if feelings on this matter have changed. Considering that Davis essentially blew a block that might just have possibly ended Alex Smith's career in NFL Football...

Yah, those first 5 years were just super for Smith.

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 24, 2010 at 13:15:27 ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
is this a joke?

It is my lame attempt at a relevant post.

• kray28
  • Veteran
He's a rookie....he's having problems, he probably shouldn't be starting.

Whether he's a bust, it's too early to tell.

His play has been nothing short of horrendous though.

[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 24, 2010 at 13:50:38 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He has been pretty terrible the last few weeks. The team has quit on Singletary and has quit on the season.
Originally posted by kray28:
He's a rookie....he's having problems, he probably shouldn't be starting.

Whether he's a bust, it's too early to tell.

His play has been nothing short of horrendous though.

Don't worry he will be chef someday like Kwame. They have a mentor and apprentice relationship. They both belong in the kitchen.
Everybody was so thrilled when we used our two first round picks on the OL. Now what? Staley was also a wasted pick.
Alex got 6 years so A Davis has 5 more years to prove himself.
No he's a rookie!
boom or bust from the beginning
This is now the time to ask that question.

Not before TC, when billbird shot his load with this thread

Now that being said, he has looked like Kwayme these last 4 weeks. Yes he is only 21, and I think we all knew once he was named a starter that he was going to go through with growing pains.

But he let the Panthers anemic pass rushers look like Reggie White today. I think he will be fine after this year of learning, him and Iupati.

The real question is is Joe Staley a bust? He hasnt looked any better than Davis.

Originally posted by kstolai:
No he's a rookie!

Although I started this thread -- I have to agree. You just can't give up on a 21 year old kid after seven games. Sure -- he's had some tough games. I'm sure he's going to have others. But you live and die with these guys man. It takes years to build a successful line -- not months.

As for Staley -- he isn't having the best of seasons -- but I also think he's hurt.
I'll start taking shots at the kid next season

hes a rookie for freakin sake if next season he doesnt progress & looks even worse then we can maybe start saying that

unlike Alex Smith you do have to give Anthony Davis time to progress
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I think he can be a good player eventually, but I have to believe he is leading the league in false starts, am I wrong?
To soon to call him a bust. One thing for sure, he is not quite ready for prime time!

The question, I asked on draft day, and ask every Sunday this season is this;

"Just how bad are Barry Sims, Alex Boone, and Tony Wragge?" Then I kinda follow it up with, "I wonder if we should have kept Tony Pashoes?"

See and those kinda questions always lead me to some sorta "Wow we could have drafted instead of Anthony Davis"

Some weeks it's a speedy running back, or a DB, today it was any of the QB's taken in the first 3 rounds!

But to soon to say bust, perhaps a waste of a high pick, not that he will never pan out, it's just that some one else might have filled that hole and the pick could have gone to a position of need (pass rusher?)

I said it on draft day, "This draft will end Singletary's career in SF". The reason? O-line picks take time to develop, and Sing didn't have the time to develop them.

Our Next head coach will have a very low first round pick, and a great developing young Offensive line to build around!
lol Staley and Davis
Share 49ersWebzone