LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by WINiner:
PHU@K NO!!!

Can you imagine having their fans and our fans in the same building during the inevitable match-ups?

This is a REEEEEEEAAAAAAALLY Bad idea.

They didn't ask the Cowturds to share their digs with the Texans did they?

This is why the stadium needs to be built in the City. Obviously it's been voted on and passed in Santa Clara. But the thing is that they don't have $500 million of the building costs, so let's get down to Brass Tax. Policy and company have more investors who DO have the money or are at least close enough that the league can't strong arm the team to get what they want. It's BS(!!!) that we're even in this position. We're one of the 3 PREMIER franchises. Those being the Cowturds, the Squealers and us. We DESERVE our own diggs. The league has MORE than enough to put into escrow for all 32 teams if they thought there was a budget shortfall or if they thought that all the stadiums needed to be replaced.

PHU@K THE KRYPT KEEPER AND THE RAITARDS!

~Ceadder

Not sure what decade you are living in, but the Niners are no longer, and have not been for some time, one of the NFL's premier franchises. I would say NYG or the Pats have replaced us in that list. The Niners get absolutely no credit for their glorious past, nor should we.

Name any other team that has FIVE Super Bowl Championships to their name?

When you have that you're still premier. Have we gone through a dry spell? Hell yes we have. No team is going to have winning decades forever. Be happy we had two. Neither the Cowturds or the Squealers can say that. And we're on the upswing of the pendulum my friend.

So yes, by your definition this team is not premier. But by the very definition, they are. Arguing otherwise is semantics imho.

Dallas and Houston are 4 hours apart so that comparison doesn't really fly.

I do hate the Raiders but I like having them in the Bay Area if that makes sense. The Bay Area is one of two metro media markets that support two NFL teams and it makes zero sense for one metro area to spend two billion on two stadiums when they'll never be in use on the same day.

As far as the Niner-Raider match-ups, the crowd will be partisan for which-ever team is designated as the home team that day . . . it won't be a 50-50 crowd.

It does fly because Jones wanted a new Stadium back when the Texans were first coming back to the league. The league didn't ask them to pick a place in between both locations and share a stadium. You didn't see the league tell the Rams they must share Arrowhead with the Chiefs. They aren't very far from each other. Miami and Tampa? Yes I know the distance involved there.

Point is this team should have had a stadium long before now.

And dude, you're right it won't be a 50/50 crowd. We'd get overrun by the Black and Silver clown brigade.

And it makes NO sense at all to share a stadium with them. We got along fine for years without them, we've been in the league since '46 and to me this is an affront to the organization the team and the fans of this team.

~Ceadder

Houston and St. Louis financed their stadiums without NFL assistance and the league isn't about to tell the Dallas Cowboys they have to play in Houston.

Yes we've gotten on fine without sharing with the Raiders so far, but the fact is both teams currently have run-down stadiums and it would be a ridiculous undertaking for one area to spend that much $$$ on two venues. There's not a public entity in the Bay Area that would EVER approve financing for the bulk of construction costs like other cities have done around the country and naming right revenue opportunities have dried up with the economy. This makes us beholdent to the NFL's conditions if we want their help to finance the new stadium.

Sorry Mate, that's according to you. Neither team has had their own digs built from scratch since Kezar for the 9ers. In any case teams that reside in the same city do it all the time and seem to find an area to build in quite easily.

It's BS that you use the "waste of money" excuse. The NFL is only trying to get out of being a major contributer. Because if Davis WERE to join in then the amount they have to contribute is a paltry sum. They didn't have any issues helping the Ravens. Didn't have any prolems helping the Cowboys and all the other teams. They don't seem to have any problems loaning money to them. But our team its' like Goodell and the League seem to like stickin it to us every chance they get. PHU@K THAT!

I'd sooner step out on a BUSY SF International runway and try to shag incoming planes with a ball glove than have this crap go down. It's BS.

~Ceadder

Where do you live, Ceadder?

At the moment I live up North. Not that it matters, I grew up in the area and to me it's BS because it's simple. The League doesn't like this team. This team was dominant for far too long and well into the Cap era. We were the reason the Cap era was installed. Nevermind that the Cowturds are in the largest market and have Mr. Gotrocks Jones funding them. Where I live is semantics. I'll still be going to games and hell no I don't want to share the same airspace as Raider fans.

As soon as I finish up my education I plan to move back and hope to Teach in the area.

~Ceadder
PHU@K NO!!!

Can you imagine having their fans and our fans in the same building during the inevitable match-ups?

This is why the stadium needs to be built in the City. Obviously it's been voted on and passed in Santa Clara. But the thing is that they don't have $500 million of the building costs, so let's get down to Brass Tax. Policy and company have more investors who DO have the money or are at least close enough that the league can't strong arm the team to get what they want. It's BS(!!!) that we're even in this position. We're one of the 3 PREMIER franchises. Those being the Cowturds, the Squealers and us. We DESERVE our own diggs. The league has MORE than enough to put into escrow for all 32 teams if they thought there was a budget shortfall or if they thought that all the stadiums needed to be replaced.

~Ceadder

Not sure what decade you are living in, but the Niners are no longer, and have not been for some time, one of the NFL's premier franchises. I would say NYG or the Pats have replaced us in that list. The Niners get absolutely no credit for their glorious past, nor should we.

When you have that you're still premier. Have we gone through a dry spell? Hell yes we have. No team is going to have winning decades forever. Be happy we had two. Neither the Cowturds or the Squealers can say that. And we're on the upswing of the pendulum my friend.

So yes, by your definition this team is not premier. But by the very definition, they are. Arguing otherwise is semantics imho.

I do hate the Raiders but I like having them in the Bay Area if that makes sense. The Bay Area is one of two metro media markets that support two NFL teams and it makes zero sense for one metro area to spend two billion on two stadiums when they'll never be in use on the same day.

As far as the Niner-Raider match-ups, the crowd will be partisan for which-ever team is designated as the home team that day . . . it won't be a 50-50 crowd.

It does fly because Jones wanted a new Stadium back when the Texans were first coming back to the league. The league didn't ask them to pick a place in between both locations and share a stadium. You didn't see the league tell the Rams they must share Arrowhead with the Chiefs. They aren't very far from each other. Miami and Tampa? Yes I know the distance involved there.

And dude, you're right it won't be a 50/50 crowd. We'd get overrun by the Black and Silver clown brigade.

And it makes NO sense at all to share a stadium with them. We got along fine for years without them, we've been in the league since '46 and to me this is an affront to the organization the team and the fans of this team.

~Ceadder

Houston and St. Louis financed their stadiums without NFL assistance and the league isn't about to tell the Dallas Cowboys they have to play in Houston.

Yes we've gotten on fine without sharing with the Raiders so far, but the fact is both teams currently have run-down stadiums and it would be a ridiculous undertaking for one area to spend that much $$$ on two venues. There's not a public entity in the Bay Area that would EVER approve financing for the bulk of construction costs like other cities have done around the country and naming right revenue opportunities have dried up with the economy. This makes us beholdent to the NFL's conditions if we want their help to finance the new stadium.

Sorry Mate, that's according to you. Neither team has had their own digs built from scratch since Kezar for the 9ers. In any case teams that reside in the same city do it all the time and seem to find an area to build in quite easily.

It's BS that you use the "waste of money" excuse. The NFL is only trying to get out of being a major contributer. Because if Davis WERE to join in then the amount they have to contribute is a paltry sum. They didn't have any issues helping the Ravens. Didn't have any prolems helping the Cowboys and all the other teams. They don't seem to have any problems loaning money to them. But our team its' like Goodell and the League seem to like stickin it to us every chance they get. PHU@K THAT!

I'd sooner step out on a BUSY SF International runway and try to shag incoming planes with a ball glove than have this crap go down. It's BS.

~Ceadder

At the moment I live up North. Not that it matters, I grew up in the area and to me it's BS because it's simple. The League doesn't like this team. This team was dominant for far too long and well into the Cap era. We were the reason the Cap era was installed. Nevermind that the Cowturds are in the largest market and have Mr. Gotrocks Jones funding them. Where I live is semantics. I'll still be going to games and hell no I don't want to share the same airspace as Raider fans.

As soon as I finish up my education I plan to move back and hope to Teach in the area.

~Ceadder

Wow.
I would rather the 49ers not share a stadium with the Raiders, but if that's what it takes, I'll hold my nose.
No and I don't want them moving back to LA either.
PHU@K NO!!!

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Wow.

Wow what StOnE?

~Ceadder
f**k them. I don't wanna see any Raider bulls**t on our stadium. It looks nice the way it is.
Originally posted by bjghum:
Does it really matter?

I just want my team to stay in the BA and have a new stadium.

If that means sharing with the raiders, I couldn't care less.

Do you think Jets and Giants fans care?

Yeah they care. Why the f**k wouldn't they? Giant fans hate Jet fans.
PHU@K NO!!!

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Wow.

Wow what StOnE?

~Ceadder

I don't even know where to start, so I choose to just end it with Wow.
  • mod
  • Veteran
PHU@K NO!!!

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Wow.

Wow what StOnE?

~Ceadder

I think we can stop with the name calling... you sound like a child
Originally posted by modninerfan:
PHU@K NO!!!

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Wow.

Wow what StOnE?

~Ceadder

I didn't see any name calling. At least my stealth n/c warning device didn't detect any.

~Ceadder

I think sharing a stadium is OK for other sports like basketball, or even if the teams are from the same city (New York), but the Raiders and 49ers are essentially rivals, who don't have a similar background and history. And although they say the right things these days, they don't really like each other.

And this is football. The fans are much more passionate about their teams, much like soccer fans around the world. Too many of the fans are too passionate/crazy.
If they did this, there would be a TON of vandalism and "Raiders suck / Niners suck" written on every square inch of the entire complex. It would turn into an absolutely horrible and disgusting place in a few short years.

It would be like the Yankees sharing a stadium with the Boston Red Sox. Unthinkable.

Its completely irrelevant whether or not you like the Raiders. The fact is, the stadium would be scratched and tagged all over the place. They would NOT be able to contain it, no matter what the fines/penalties.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Raider fans planted bombs in the stadium during their games and set them off remotely during 9ers games a week later. Stink bombs filled with excrement etc. Would not surprise me at all.

I would rather have the 49ers play at a college stadium then play at a tagged, vandalized s**t hole.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think sharing a stadium is OK for other sports like basketball, or even if the teams are from the same city (New York), but the Raiders and 49ers are essentially rivals, who don't have a similar background and history. And although they say the right things these days, they don't really like each other.

And this is football. The fans are much more passionate about their teams, much like soccer fans around the world. Too many of the fans are too passionate/crazy.
If they did this, there would be a TON of vandalism and "Raiders suck / Niners suck" written on every square inch of the entire complex. It would turn into an absolutely horrible and disgusting place in a few short years.

It would be like the Yankees sharing a stadium with the Boston Red Sox. Unthinkable.

Its completely irrelevant whether or not you like the Raiders. The fact is, the stadium would be scratched and tagged all over the place. They would NOT be able to contain it, no matter what the fines/penalties.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Raider fans planted bombs in the stadium during their games and set them off remotely during 9ers games a week later. Stink bombs filled with excrement etc. Would not surprise me at all.

I would rather have the 49ers play at a college stadium then play at a tagged, vandalized s**t hole.

I find it hard to believe that Niner and Raider fans would s**t in their own nest simply to spite each other. That's not passion . . . that would be retarded.
So i was at the 49er Family Fun Day, and this is what up pops in my head when i pulled into the parking lot.

What if the Niners just built the Stadium out in the parking lot, There is a Ton of room to build a new stadium, Now i know i didn't fully think this one through,

cause your probably thinkin where would fans park during the season while that stadium is being built. Well, theres the Option of sharin a stadium with the Raiders til a new one is built, OR, some how arrange a different area for parkin and still play at candlestick.

I'm down with the Candlestick Idea, but im not sure how it would pan out.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
PHU@K NO!!!

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Wow.

Wow what StOnE?

~Ceadder

I didn't see any name calling. At least my stealth n/c warning device didn't detect any.

~Ceadder

The NFL doesn't care about how many Lombardi Trophies we've got or two decades of dominance or all those Hall of Famers or ANY of that.

THIS is all the NFL cares about:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Revenue.html

Rank Team Current Value ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value (%) Revenue ($mil) Operating Income ($mil)

2 Washington Redskins 1,550 1 15 345 90.3
3 New England Patriots 1,361 3 21 302 70.9
1 Dallas Cowboys 1,650 2 12 280 9.2
6 Houston Texans 1,150 2 26 256 41.5
7 Philadelphia Eagles 1,123 1 16 250 48.8
18 Miami Dolphins 1,015 -3 39 242 26.6
8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1,085 3 13 241 68.9
9 Chicago Bears 1,082 2 9 241 41.6
10 Denver Broncos 1,081 2 14 240 39.9
11 Baltimore Ravens 1,079 2 25 240 44.3
12 Carolina Panthers 1,049 1 18 238 22.9
13 Cleveland Browns 1,032 0 15 235 20.2
16 Pittsburgh Steelers 1,020 1 25 235 17.8
15 Indianapolis Colts 1,025 -5 4 233 55.9
17 Green Bay Packers 1,019 0 2 232 20.1
19 Tennessee Titans 1,000 1 13 232 24.4
22 New Orleans Saints 942 0 13 232 30.7
20 Seattle Seahawks 994 -2 12 231 -2.4
4 New York Giants 1,183 0 55 230 26.1
14 Kansas City Chiefs 1,027 1 13 228 52.4
5 New York Jets 1,170 0 64 227 24.3
24 San Diego Chargers 917 3 14 224 41.6
23 Arizona Cardinals 935 2 16 223 23.9
21 Cincinnati Bengals 953 1 10 222 34.9
26 Buffalo Bills 909 3 14 222 39.5
25 St Louis Rams 913 -2 7 217 22.3
29 Jacksonville Jaguars 866 -1 14 217 26.9
32 Oakland Raiders 797 -7 7 215 -5.7
27 San Francisco 49ers 875 1 14 214 20.8
30 Atlanta Falcons 856 -2 32 214 28.2
31 Minnesota Vikings 835 0 38 209 8.2
28 Detroit Lions 872 -5 40 208 18.5

[ Edited by zillabeast on Jun 14, 2010 at 00:52:35 ]
The 9ers did all of the leg work to get this stadium deal done, so it should be the 49ers field. If we do have to share it to get funding for it, it should be on a basis where the 9ers own the stadium and we lease it to the Raiders when they play their games, if it doesn't work out, then we don't have to extend the lease to them.

I hate the raiders fans and would prefer them get their own stadium.
Share 49ersWebzone