LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Raiders need to move to LA

GTFO
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Let me look for the right words...ah, no.
Raiders need to build their stadium in Concord
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Raiders need to build their stadium in Concord

Yes! Then Seahawk fans can call them the Concord Raiders!
Who cares as long as it allows the 49ers to lower their prices by getting some sort of percentage from the Raiders. Other than that, who's worried about fights and vandalism? They won't be playing on the same days.
They need to keep their losing stench on the other side of the Bay Bridge! The Raiders are like parasites.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It really isn't necessary to post thread titles in all caps.

-9fA

Things people b*tch about on here. really...over capital letters? This is a football forum not a computer class or a grammer forum .
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Raiders need to move to LA

GTFO

LA doesn't want them.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Because no way they are building anything in Oakland and the Yorks can make even more money if they share the stadium. All signs point to it happening unless they move to LA.

So you think the Raiders will agree to Niners SBL-holders getting the first choice on their Raider game tickets? Really? Because as I pointed out, part of the contract for Levi Stadium SBL's is that holders get first crack at ALL non-Niner events that happen in the stadium. Those contracts have already been signed. If the Niners agreed to anything upsetting that structure, they would leave themselves open to multiple lawsuits.

Hey I dont want it to happen either but I also understand the realities of the situation. It wouldn't be the end of the world it happened.

It's not going to happen.

What would they do with the 49er fan walk? All the 49er decor? The freakin RED seats? What about the 49er museum? How about the 49er headquarters right next to it? The entire stadium is made specifically for the 49ers. As a fan, you pay for the experience, and seeing another team's logo everywhere is not a good experience, especially when 90% of your fans despise that other team. Are they going to cover it all in black tarp? Even if they did, every raider fan would know that under that tarp is the logo of the real team that plays there. What about the entire upper bowl that they won't sell out? They can't even sell out their games in Oakland where you can get TWO season tickets for less than $500 total! There's no way they'd be able to sell out Levi's after having to pay rent to the 49ers because they'll have to raise prices. You think their fans are going to all-of-a-sudden start selling out the stadium at higher prices with that sorry team they put on the field? It makes zero sense for them to use Levi's.

The reality is they will play in that dump of a stadium they currently have, and IF they happen to tear it down to build a new one on the same land like they want to do, they will work something out with one of the colleges in the area - most likely Berkeley. That would be far less insulting to their fans than having to go to a stadium that your second-rate team is renting from a team that your fans hate.

I think of the Oakland raiders as a joke of a franchise, but even I don't believe they would subject their fans to such an insulting venue (in their fans' eyes). I would absolutely HATE if the situation were reversed and we had to share THEIR stadium, decked out in raider filth. Their fans don't bother to sell out their stadium as it is, and a lot of them wouldn't bother coming to Levi's and paying more money to watch the same sorry team lose games.

So, while you seem to think it makes sense for the Yorks, it still makes little sense for Mark Davis and his sorry franchise. He's already assured his fans that they have no interest in being tenants to the 49ers, so it just isn't going to happen. They'll end up at Stanford before they come to Levi's. And at the end of the day, if they can't build a new stadium in Oakland, they will leave again. Probably back to LA. They've already got fans down there from the last time they ditched their fans in Oakland.

This is the true reality of the situation.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jul 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It really isn't necessary to post thread titles in all caps.

-9fA

Things people b*tch about on here. really...over capital letters? This is a football forum not a computer class or a grammer forum .

Grammerzone.com

"Number A, you don't have to shout. Do you know how many Internet etiquette laws you're breaking by typing in all caps like that?
Well, you're breaking one: Don't type in all caps
."

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jul 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM ]
I vote no, but if they are on dire straights, we can help for a couple of years.
ESPN's John Clayton, when asked about the potential of the Raiders sharing Levi Stadium:

" I can't see an arrangement being worked out for the Raiders to play in Levi's Stadium. First, the Raiders would have to rent the stadium, and I'm sure they couldn't generate the type of revenue they would receive in another stadium. I would consider that move a last resort. The Raiders are on a year-to-year lease in Oakland's O.co Coliseum. The city of Oakland doesn't have the money to put up around $500 million to build a new stadium. That's why it has worked out a tentative 10-year lease with the Oakland A's. Raiders owner Mark Davis just has to wait for the right opportunity, which could mean a move to Los Angeles."
I can't see the Raiders moving back to LA when the Super Chargers have the first dibs since their stadium is almost as bad as the Ocho and they are much closer to that area
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I can't see the Raiders moving back to LA when the Super Chargers have the first dibs since their stadium is almost as bad as the Ocho and they are much closer to that area

LA already has a bunch of raider "fans" from when they were down there. I don't see how you figure the Chargers have "first dibs" just because they also have a crappy stadium and are closer. The raiders already have a fan base there. I'd think that makes them the front runner over the Chargers.
Share 49ersWebzone