LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Question: wasn't the victim wearing a f@#! the 49ers shirt? If this is about fans being dumb and not something deeper then it was a 49ers fan who did this and if it wasn't particularly related to anything the game was still in SF and this violence could easily come to the stadium either way. I don't particularly see how this adds up to oakland fans being garbage? It certainly doesn't say much about our own fan base.
[ Edited by VA49er on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Agreed. After what I saw last night, I don't want Raider fans anywhere near a first class facility. I think Jed York got that message as well. What a bunch of hooligans.

Originally posted by VA49er:
Question: wasn't the victim wearing a f@#! the 49ers shirt? If this is about fans being dumb and not something deeper then it was a 49ers fan who did this and if it wasn't particularly related to anything the game was still in SF and this violence could easily come to the stadium either way. I don't particularly see how this adds up to oakland fans being garbage? It certainly doesn't say much about our own fan base.

Yeah, it's sounding like this is our own ignorance. It's a sad day for Niner fans.

However, raider fans are still trash. Just because they weren't the suspects THIS TIME doesn't make them any better as a fan base. Sh*t, they shoot and stab EACH OTHER at home.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:

No, it wasn't a niners fan, the police arrested a suspect "wearing a raiders jersey". Articles out this morning have been calling it mexican gang violence.(norteno vs sureno). Like the person said before me, they shoot, stab, and steal from each other. The point is that gang related or not, including the fighting that happened in the stands as well, they bring unnecessary violence and crime that makes most of us unwilling to bring families with kids to these games.

I wouldn't vote "no" based on stuff like this though, this has to do with when our two teams meet not when we let them borrow our stadium every other week. I would vote "no" based more on the fact that the stadium should be the pride of one fanbase, check out the giants stadium for example- statues of great ballplayers surround the park and any giants fan feels a part of the franchise's great history being there. What if we had to share that with the raiders? What if we had to see the raider's 3 lombardi trophies next to our 5? What if next to bill walsh we had to look at some picture of Al Davis? Plus it's not like they sell out, you know how many times they've had their games blacked out for not selling enough seats?...You could have concerts when we're on away games and make more money.
[ Edited by mike on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM ]
Are they going to name it Gang Graffiti Park?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

no
In the meantime, Trask is likely to remain in place as CEO, and resolving the stadium situation will be perhaps her biggest challenge. If the team prefers to stay in Northern California, several sources say, the Raiders will likely be receptive to sharing a stadium with the 49ers. While the Raiders have explored the possibility of building a new facility on or adjacent to the current O.co Coliseum site in Oakland, there's a far greater chance that the Santa Clara stadium effort, which York has spearheaded for several years, would be revised to include both teams as tenants.

"The deal that the voters approved allows for a two-team stadium in Santa Clara," York said Sunday. "We're moving forward, and that option exists if the Raiders are interested."

Said Trask: "We have a tremendous relationship with the 49er organization, and we enjoy working with the 49ers on a variety of business matters. We have an open mind about the possibility of sharing a stadium and we keep the 49ers abreast of our stadium-related efforts, just as the 49ers keep us abreast of theirs."

The Raiders have had long-term issues with their current home in Oakland. They could end up sharing a new stadium with the 49ers.(US Presswire)

Because the 49ers are at a relatively advanced point in their stadium efforts – according to an organizational source, they have already sold approximately a quarter of the available luxury suites – it's likely that they would propose a deal granting them primary ownership of the facility, with the Raiders signing a short-term lease that could later be extended if the arrangement proved to be mutually beneficial. The Raiders, in turn, would assume less of the financial risk and would be under less pressure to charge premium ticket prices.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApVl.S4FkgVk5sWCPX8VM485nYcB?slug=ms-silver_al_davis_raiders_relocation_la_stadium101011

I thought something like this would come out. Didn't know it would be so fast.
Looks like we're sharing then
f**k!!! Our new facility will be trashed by these moronic Raider fans.............

I hate the raiders!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
f**k!!! Our new facility will be trashed by these moronic Raider fans.............

I agree......

How? It would be their home stadium too and except for a very very few mentally challenged, I wouldn't expect them to $hit in their own nest in spite of the 49ers.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

How? It would be their home stadium too and except for a very very few mentally challenged, I wouldn't expect them to $hit in their own nest in spite of the 49ers.

You give them too much credit.
Amy Trask could suck my dick
Share 49ersWebzone