There are 262 users in the forums

0-5 Start to the new Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by plummerfan:
If we do start 0-5 anyone scared we might lose to the raiders? Damn I hope not, but even raiders have better offense play calling.

They call multiple run plays, they have speed at WR, they use 3 WR sets, and they spread the ball around.

Yep we'll lose to them.
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Ninerboy1:
This dude sounds crazy 0-5 start no way in hell

said it a million times. When you get insulted by the majority of the board, take it as a compliment

Thanks. I've been a Niner faithful for 30 years now. I am more depressed than I had ever been... I know that with just ANY ONE WIN, we'd get back on the right track. It would be monumental to see us beat the Falcons next week.

its actually kind of unfair. The scheduling is suppose to be reflected on how good a team is. The Niners really did nothing to deserve such a tough 5 game start. Honestly, we should have had the Saints at there place and the Chiefs at home.

But your predictions were right on. This is a brutal schedule really on the front end.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by plummerfan:
If we do start 0-5 anyone scared we might lose to the raiders? Damn I hope not, but even raiders have better offense play calling.

They call multiple run plays, they have speed at WR, they use 3 WR sets, and they spread the ball around.

Yep we'll lose to them.

This is just sad, I believed all the hype going in to the season and I really want this game against the raiders but I can't honestly see them winning it. Damn you singletary, raye, the o-line!

said it a million times. When you get insulted by the majority of the board, take it as a compliment

Thanks. I've been a Niner faithful for 30 years now. I am more depressed than I had ever been... I know that with just ANY ONE WIN, we'd get back on the right track. It would be monumental to see us beat the Falcons next week.

its actually kind of unfair. The scheduling is suppose to be reflected on how good a team is. The Niners really did nothing to deserve such a tough 5 game start. Honestly, we should have had the Saints at there place and the Chiefs at home.

But your predictions were right on. This is a brutal schedule really on the front end.

It was as if the league did not give a F*%k what happened to the Niners in the beginning of the season. But in the past few years, we've made really strong comebacks towards the end of the season. Let's hope that we make the same kind of push a lot sooner this year.
Well, Seattle Sucked last year, So did Kansas City so we are already worse than two teams that finished in the bottom 1/8 th in the league in wins. Seems we can play with the good teams and suck against the ones we should dominate.
Amigoj49 I gotta give props to you for an accurate prediction. I also didn't buy in to the hype but after 0-5 start you seem optimistic. This is the reason why I hate being hyped up as favorite before the season starts even if we haven't proven anything. This is the same thing when we fall flat in our faces back in 2007. Most of the media are calling us the wildcard or the dark horse to be a good team. What did we do on 07 we failed terribly.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Amigoj49 I gotta give props to you for an accurate prediction. I also didn't buy in to the hype but after 0-5 start you seem optimistic. This is the reason why I hate being hyped up as favorite before the season starts even if we haven't proven anything. This is the same thing when we fall flat in our faces back in 2007. Most of the media are calling us the wildcard or the dark horse to be a good team. What did we do on 07 we failed terribly.

Cowboys were in the same situation as us, and they came out strong today and proved that they are a good team. We MUST do the same against the Falcons next week. We will find a way to get it done!
I'm a huge Singletary homer and fan, but after today, something needs to be done.

Raye needs to go, but if Sing doesn't want him to leave, bye bye Sing.

GTFO.

Why not test the Chiefs rookie cornerbacks?

That was the obvious strategy.

WTF

Very dissapointed in this team.

These motherfu*kers quit on us.

I voiced my concern with the scheduling in the "Schedule thread." Look at all the road games + we have to go to London for a home game. The other home games are Saints and Eagles....
Then we have to go to Seattle and KC.....

People on this board need to be more real.
Good call on the prediction man. Raye needs to be let go which pisses me off because once again we need to start over with a new offense. His playcalling sucks balls!!! I know Sing has a say in that s**t too which frustrates me even more. Are the players gonna have to hit up Sing again or wtf!!! We shouldn't be this s**tty!!!

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I voiced my concern with the scheduling in the "Schedule thread." Look at all the road games + we have to go to London for a home game. The other home games are Saints and Eagles....

I forgot all about the London game. The Niners are not very good to begin with, pile on a tough schedule on top of that and prepare for a crash landing.

New rule should be, the Defending Champ should have to play a HOME game in London
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
OP was spot on.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I forgot all about the London game. The Niners are not very good to begin with, pile on a tough schedule on top of that and prepare for a crash landing.

New rule should be, the Defending Champ should have to play a HOME game in London

Totally agree. Man, this is going to be a tough stretch. We travel more than any other team in the NFL this year and we still haven't won. Things are going south fast.
Here is our full 2010 season schedule:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Here are my thoughts and reasons:

Season opener @Seattle is no picnic - LOSS
Defending Champions, Saints, very difficult - LOSS
Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play - LOSS
Falcons, they could kill us - LOSS
Eagles, a strong team - LOSS

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
@Panthers, a running team - WIN
Broncos, can you say Tebow? - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN
Bucanneers, we are just better - WIN
@Cardinals, we OWN them - WIN
@Packers, tough one - LOSS
Seahawks, Pete who? - WIN
@Chargers, let's just stay being a pessimist - LOSS
@Rams, they are still the rams - WIN
Cardinals, for the division - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!

Prophetic.^^^
  • B650
  • Veteran
At this point, even the Rams and Cardinals aren't guaranteed wins. Looks like we'd be lucky to end up 8-8...jus think, we have to go 8-5 just to finish .500.
Share 49ersWebzone