There are 221 users in the forums

0-5 Start to the new Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gage:

Just grasping at straws. Anything to avoid crying at this point.

I hear you, boss!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
1.) That was Montana's rookie season. This is Alex's what... 5th season with the team?
2.) That was Walsh's first season. This is Singletary's second and a halfth season.
3.) Walsh's team had very little talent. Singletary's team has a lot of talent.

Unless the team makes a DECENT push, I wouldn't be surprised if Singletary is gone next year, and we bring in a FA QB and/or rookie QB to compete with Alex.

Yes, York has given Sing a vote of confidence, but that could be so he doesn't make him a lame-duck coach.

You forgot the most important one:

4.) Walsh was a great coach. Singletary is a terrible coach.

Here's to another year of mediocre Niner football.
Bottom line is none of us that are calling for Alex to be replaced, Sing to be fired, Walsh's spirit to rise up and call plays are in the business of making football decisions for a living. And that is the problem, there are no truly qualified football minds in the niners hierarchy that can make solid football decisions. The one constant through all the championship years, as it is for any successful franchise, was truly great football minds running the show. It started with Eddie D making the right hire in Walsh and grew from there. Jed York needs to take a page from his uncle, pick the minds of the leagues current elite minds and bring someone in to run the franchise - pick the right coach, players, trainers, towel boys etc. There has be a number of guys in the Indy, Pit, Pats organizations that we could pluck away to run the niners. Until then, enjoy the incompetence from top to bottom.
0-5 says it all
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ok, we're 0-5..can't get any worse then it is right now...BUT..next week we start the easier part of our schedule.

vs. Oakland
@ Carolina
vs. Denver
BYE
vs. St. Louis

All 4 of those games are winnable..only one that worries me is Denver. Kyle Orton averaging 300 yards a game..but still winnable.

At this point, do you think the 49ers can win these games...and salvage their season?

8 wins will win this division IMO.
I hate you for being right.

But props on the prediction my friend. I thought you were crazy. I thought we'd be at least 2-3 at this point while being at most 4-1, but you saw something most of us didn't.

~Dann~
Easy? Nothing is easy with this team. Mark my work, easy is an anomaly for this team.
Originally posted by jrg:
Ok, we're 0-5..can't get any worse then it is right now...BUT..next week we start the easier part of our schedule.

vs. Oakland
@ Carolina
vs. Denver
BYE
vs. St. Louis

All 4 of those games are winnable..only one that worries me is Denver. Kyle Orton averaging 300 yards a game..but still winnable.

At this point, do you think the 49ers can win these games...and salvage their season?

I like the optimism, and yes, I do.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

vs. Oakland
@ Carolina
vs. Denver
BYE
vs. St. Louis

Optimistic til the end.

Did you expect different?
Totally, I picked us to go 0-5 as well but that we'd squeeze out at least one win (that was supposed to be last night). Oh-well. I hate being right sometimes myself!!!
11-5 to the super bowl we go!
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

vs. Oakland
@ Carolina
vs. Denver
BYE
vs. St. Louis

Optimistic til the end.

Outside the Chiefs game, the schedule was favorable. Gave the game to Seattle, Saints, Falcons and Eagles. All of the games have had COSTLY turnovers. Alex has thrown atleast two picks a game. Frank surprised me with two fumbles as well. Raiders are playing pretty good ball right now. The game that looks winnable is the Panther game.
If this team loses the same way each week (turnovers by and large) and hasn't fixed the problem, then I see a 2-14 team, not an 8-8 team. What a wasted season.
Share 49ersWebzone