There are 157 users in the forums

Manny Lawson's worth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by jreff22:
$2 Mill a year, 4 year deal, $8 mill guaranteed-$14 mill with incentives.

Thats less than half than Haralson makes and is solid backup money.

Haralson makes too much money IMO. Until one of them puts up 10+ sacks 2 years in a row I don't want to hear any b***hing.
Manny is digging his own grave, that much is for sure. He is going to lose his job to brooks if he doesnt show more interest in the teams volentary camps. to much competition at the olb spot to be missing anytime.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
5 yr 20 mil is good for him it'll be worh it at the end he's good in coverage good against the run and hopefully he rush skills keep on developing keep him a niner i think he should be starting along with brooks (lawson .willis .spikes .brooks)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

At Manny when he loses his starting spot.
Originally posted by susweel:

"I feel Manny will be here when he has to be here," coach Mike Singletary said. "And I think he'll be ready to go."

You guys crack me up. You act like Manny is already out the door because he hasn't shown up to a team activity that isn't required.

Newsflash, Nate and Spence aren't there either.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on May 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

"I feel Manny will be here when he has to be here," coach Mike Singletary said. "And I think he'll be ready to go."

You guys crack me up. You act like Manny is already out the door because he hasn't shown up to a team activity that isn't required.

~Ceadder

Yah but those guys can actually play a little bit.

~Ceadder

Oh I guess that Manny didn't rank very well statistically.

Sacks alone last season

Manny 6.5
Brooks 6
Haralson 5

That's nearly 18 sacks from those 3 guys.

And you want to F'k with that?

You have no clue what you're even talking about. If Manny weren't productive he would be at the very BOTTOM statistically. Instead he's near the top.

To me he's worth $15 mil guaranteed. What he does, allows Icebox, TKO and Bam Bam to do what they do. Crazy pathetic if you don't see that.

~Ceadder
so i only read the first 2 pages...but ummm...where is this "rumor" that he wants 40 mil?
links or this thread is worthless...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

~Ceadder

Sacks alone last season

Manny 6.5
Brooks 6
Haralson 5

You have no clue what you're even talking about. If Manny weren't productive he would be at the very BOTTOM statistically. Instead he's near the top.

To me he's worth $15 mil guaranteed. What he does, allows Icebox, TKO and Bam Bam to do what they do. Crazy pathetic if you don't see that.

~Ceadder

Boy am I glad your not running our team.

~Ceadder

Sacks alone last season

Manny 6.5
Brooks 6
Haralson 5

~Ceadder

15 mil in guarantees isnt what it used to be. Thats a pretty avg contract now a days.

~Ceadder

Sacks alone last season

Manny 6.5
Brooks 6
Haralson 5

~Ceadder

Okay then lets see.

Say he gets a 5 year deal. That averages to 8 mil a season if you leave it at $40 mil.

Now, you have the signing bonus. So let's say he gets a 3 mil signing bonus + his salary which with bonuses and incentives would be 7 mil max for both. Now I'm sure that you could figure out a way to fit the remaining $8 million.

It's not a 5 year $40 million deal. It's more like a 3-4 year $15 million deal as the remaining time would be voidable IF he either meets or fails to meet the bonuses or the minimum required performance level.

Now, what I laid out was reasonable. Bam Bam is going to be playing for $10 mil a season on the average. I think that he deserves it. But he's not playing for $10 mil a season. If you don't understand contracts, then I suggest you drop it before you embarrass yourself.

~Ceadder
question, who's this guys agent? I was thinking how stupid he must be advising Lawson to sit out OTAs in his contract year with Brooks coming on strong and team having Haralson signed for a couple more years and the addition of Laboy you'd think Lawson would concentrate on having a big year and EARNING this big extension he wants.
Originally posted by matt49er:
question, who's this guys agent? I was thinking how stupid he must be advising Lawson to sit out OTAs in his contract year with Brooks coming on strong and team having Haralson signed for a couple more years and the addition of Laboy you'd think Lawson would concentrate on having a big year and EARNING this big extension he wants.

Brooks is a Pass Rushing threat, LaBoy is signed for one year and Haralson while can be solid is a liability in screen coverage.

I don't see an issue with Manny sitting out OTAs' as they are voluntary. Both Nate and Spence are sitting out OTAs' as well.

If this becomes a distraction in Camp then I'll have a problem with it. It's not going to make or break Manny to miss OTAs'.

~Ceadder
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
he is like an 83 if you play madden.

He can be replaced if he so choses to be a problem:

We have Brooks and Haralson and an up and coming Dyrell Briggs

yea seriously.... or they can go to edit player before we start the season and make him a 99. Maybe we should tell the front office

~Ceadder

Sacks alone last season

Manny 6.5
Brooks 6
Haralson 5

~Ceadder

Okay then lets see.

Say he gets a 5 year deal. That averages to 8 mil a season if you leave it at $40 mil.

Now, you have the signing bonus. So let's say he gets a 3 mil signing bonus + his salary which with bonuses and incentives would be 7 mil max for both. Now I'm sure that you could figure out a way to fit the remaining $8 million.

It's not a 5 year $40 million deal. It's more like a 3-4 year $15 million deal as the remaining time would be voidable IF he either meets or fails to meet the bonuses or the minimum required performance level.

Now, what I laid out was reasonable. Bam Bam is going to be playing for $10 mil a season on the average. I think that he deserves it. But he's not playing for $10 mil a season. If you don't understand contracts, then I suggest you drop it before you embarrass yourself.

~Ceadder

s**t I'm with you Ceadder! Marathe is a smart dude, he'll figure it out. Lawson is a big part of this defense.
Share 49ersWebzone