There are 157 users in the forums

Do We Have ANY "Clutch" Players on the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love Alex, but he's the antithesis of clutch most of the time.
Originally posted by valrod33:
anthony dixon

dude you deserve the funniest poster "award" just based off this last week
Originally posted by NCommand:
This post makes me want to cry!

Sadly, A. Battle used to be our 3rd down clutch pass catcher. Bly was our only clutch defender on 3rd downs and we STILL ended up 21st against the pass.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by valrod33:
anthony dixon

dude you deserve the funniest poster "award" just based off this last week

Nah man, its too easy here in niner talk they pitch batting practice balls in here. the funny guys are the one that do it in the parking lot
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This post makes me want to cry!

Sadly, A. Battle used to be our 3rd down clutch pass catcher. Bly was our only clutch defender on 3rd downs and we STILL ended up 21st against the pass.

lol
Nedney was clutch for a while--not sure about now though.
So few replies. That pretty much sums it up.
Crabtree.....anyone see Texas Texas tech?
ya i did, he beat earl thomas for a td, just like he will do in week 1
It sure ain't Parys Haralson

Patrick Willis, Frank Gore, Joe Staley, and minus game out of the season (ie TO one year and Roddy White the next) Nate Clements.
Originally posted by teeohh:
It sure ain't Parys Haralson

Ugh. Against TEN and PHI... dude came up empty both times chasing men with the ball out of the backfield... very sad.
Jason Hill. That guy gets shoved to the back and ignored on numerous occasions, and usually comes in and performs out of nowhere (case in point: The Michael Robinson Bowl, 2008).
Justin Smith was the first name that came to mind, with P. Willis just behind.

Sad to say that I can think of no offensive players at this point. There were way too many times that Gore couldn't pick up a yard or two to pick up a first down (balme it on the line if you'd like, but a "clutch" player has no excuses)

Having said that, I think (hope) that my opinion will change this season. and a few people (Crabtree, VD, Gholdson) will be added to the list.
The 49ers have several clutch players frank gore is very good when game is online when he runs for over 100 yrds we win alot of those games. Patrick Willis is great when game is online he makes plays the int vs sea he ran back 86 yrds for td on the road comes to mind.Vernon davis is clutch in the game vs the texans he had 3tds in second half come back vs texans against vikings he scored what should have been the game winning touchdown b4 brett farve late game td beat us with 12 seconds left on clock to truly be clutch ala joe montana or steve young alex smith will have to become clutch for us to be playoff or championship team

[ Edited by 49ersswagger on May 7, 2010 at 07:27:23 ]
Share 49ersWebzone