LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Countdown to Santa Clara Stadium vote: Election Day!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by areyoustupid:
sure...just look what the stadium and coliesium did for Okland and it's surrounding community....nothing...that's right....nothing! There are too many projects that need that redevelopment money than help build a staium to make the owners even richer and provide great jobs like employing 2000 hot dog vendors. Give me a break! Wise up Santa Clara....if it is such a great deal to have the 49ers then why isn't SF investing in their very own team......do you really want to get in bed with the yorks and play their stupid game of pitting city against city?

Wise up and let's do something useful with that money that will give santa clara a good return on their investment for years to come...hey, how about a downtown? Better jobs, more businesses, more diversity in investment.....wise up!

No, but you are.

Considering that Al Davis and the Raiders left for 10 years. That's 10 years of no events during the winter. Then on top of that you have the A's that would rather cover the upper deck than sell the seats and get the added influx of fans that buy gas, food, lodging etc.

If the team leaves San Francisco the City will demolish the Stick. And in 10 years the two cities will have a lot in common economically.

Should I start listing off all the revenue that a Sports Franchise brings into an area? Hell why bother you have access to Google right? Look up "Events" in any major city with a Professional Sports franchise. If you can't see that Stadiums bring in more money than you give them credit for then you didn't look. Period.

~Ceadder
  • areyoustupid
  • Info N/A
Oh give me a break! Again, you don't know what you are talking about. If you really did any research on the internet, you would have run across many reports of how most stadiums bring very little if any change to the region their in and many have negative impact to the communities around them (traffic, noise, home values)...just look at Okland and drive around that area near the colliesum and stadium. Terrible. My beef isn't with having a stadium built in Santa Clara, it is who will pay for it long term...the risk. If it's such a great deal, then why don't the Yorks cough up the money to build it themselves and leave our 42 million of redevelopment money alone. We don't our city funds going to private business like billionair owners and high paid players. Our city may be left holding the bag if things go sour...and based on this teams record lately, it's not worth the risk....so there you go....munch on that hotdog...and yes, I do have a vote and it will be no!

Maybe you would like Santa Clara to take all the risk, but I don't....
Dude you take single minded reports seriously?

WTF are you smoking?

Okay I'll play along.

Ever been to a concert in a Stadium? I have. Spartan Stadium '96. Band? Pearl Jam. That f'n place was PACKED. Look it up on YouTube. It was so F'N packed I couldn't get past the soundstage at the 40 yd area. That's ONE concert that pulled in about $90 a ticket. I'm not sure what the occupancy is for that college stadium, but you put a big act in the End Zone and you can guarantee that people WILL show. And you can do that ALL F'N YEAR LONG in the Bay Area. Hell we have concerts up here in the Gorge and people will show up even if the winds are crap.

How bout flea markets? Yeah that brings in business too.

Oh how about Car shows? $$$

Truck rallies? $$$

Team oriented functions $$$

Super Bowl(promised possible location) $$$

You have no f'n clue what you're talking about. You only have short sighted narrow minded reports to point to, that don't even support your foolish logic.

If you want we can revisit this in the future when SF has a real life model of what happens when you drive a Sports franchise out of the city. It will be a negative impact.

But you're narrowmindedly looking at just the franchise.

Oh and if things hold true to the model, the team would build the stadium and sell it to the city and lease it. That's a money generator right there. Property taxes being what they are even in Santa Clara, it's better for all concerned to have a lease so that if and or when the team moves to another stadium they leave the land to the city.

Oh and you aren't even taking into account the 2 years of construction time and the labor involved. That brings people into the area. People will ALWAYS spend money someplace if they know where to go.

Oh and impact? You won't find a venue that had a bigger impact than Graffiti Night in Modesto. That one venue led to that city closing down cruising altogether when I still lived in Sonora, in '93 or right around that year. That spelled doom for GN. Sad really cause that was an iconic event that brought ALOT of money to the area. But you add in just 1/10 or 1/100th of a criminal element and it spoils it for everybody.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on May 16, 2010 at 9:34 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
22 days
Originally posted by mayo63:
22 days

wooooooooooooooooo
so if the santa clara residents approve does that guarantee the niners a new stadium or do they have to go through other votes?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
so if the santa clara residents approve does that guarantee the niners a new stadium or do they have to go through other votes?

?
Originally posted by DANADA:

?

Basically if the residents vote yes on the stadium does that mean the niners are going to get a new stadium or are there other steps they have to go through before they are approved a new stadium
Originally posted by DANADA:

?

Basically if the residents vote yes on the stadium does that mean the niners are going to get a new stadium or are there other steps they have to go through before they are approved a new stadium

I got that I just wanted to know that to
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:

They still have to get their financing together before they break ground so nothing is guaranteed. But, this vote in essense gives the team the go ahead to build the stadium.
[ Edited by mayo63 on May 18, 2010 at 3:49 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
21 days
Otheer than the vote itself, which is most important at this time, here are the other numbers that matter:

Financing Plan:
$493M from Niners and NFL (breakdown between the two unknown)
$330M from Stadium Authority (naming rights, seat licenses, conecssion contracts)
$42M from Santa Clara City Redevopment Agency (this is the June vote)
$35M in incremental tax from 8 nearby hotels (this has already passed)
$17M from Santa Clara City Redevelopment Agency for 1700-space parking garage (this seems to already be agreed-upon)
$20M from Santa Clara city-owned Power Authority to re-locate substation (this seems to already be agreed upon)

$937M total construction financing

The NFL's G3 stadium construction matching fund is empty But, clearly, with Goodell's recent visit, the other NFL owners seem committed to finding a way to provide some significant portion of the $493M, if the citizen vote is positive. I would imagine that the NFL owners (or some sub-committee of owners) would need to have a subsequent vote on just how much that the NFL will provide and when. That should be it. I believe that the cklub has already paid for and filed an Environmental Impact Report, which would be another hurdle for civic approval, if it is not already done.

This citizen vote is the highest hurdle. If it is positive, all the other pieces should fall into place.

I suspect that this is going to be a very close vote, one way or the other. Nobody on the Niners is talking about a Plan B, and probably coirrectly so. But if the vote is "NO", then expect some devastation for Jed and the front office, which will surely spill over and affect Training Camp in some negative way. This vote is a biggie.
21 days

woooooooooooooooo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
20 days
20 days

woooooooooooooooooooo
Share 49ersWebzone