LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Countdown to Santa Clara Stadium vote: Election Day!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • stump50
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by stump50:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by DangerRyan:
I hope the 49ers get a new stadium. I saw a few artist renditions of what it could look like a year or so ago. I like new stadiums in the NFL and think it would be good for the NFC West to have 3 out 4 teams playing in new state-of-the-art home stadiums.

How far is Santa Clara from San Fran btw....?

Less than an hour

Sorry guys i am new to this forum. I have been reading for a long time but just recently became a member. I was wondering if you guys thought we would have to change our name from the San Fransisco 49ers to Santa Clara.

This has been covered many, many times. I know you may not have been reading, but rest assured, it will remain the San Francisco 49ers.

MANY NFL teams do not play in the City in their title (Cowboys, Patriots, Redskins...the Jets and Giants actually play in a different STATE). Hell, The Carolina Panthers....there is no such place as Carolina. There is NORTH Carolina and SOUTH Carolina, but no Carolina. We have our own example here in the Golden State Warriors.

My point is that the city name is just a trademarked part of the name of the team. It WILL NOT change.

Ok thanks that is good to know. I wasn't sure if the city had any say so in the matter or if they could stop the team from using that name. Thanks for the answers though you have put my mind at ease.
I really hope the bill passes at 1st i really didnt want them to move away from frisco

but now that i know that Oakland can be a possible plan B i rather have them play in

Santa Clara rather then sharing a stadium with that garbage team across the bay

YES ON J

Originally posted by mayo63:
6 days

wooooooooooooooooo
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I hope the 49ers get a new stadium. I saw a few artist renditions of what it could look like a year or so ago. I like new stadiums in the NFL and think it would be good for the NFC West to have 3 out 4 teams playing in new state-of-the-art home stadiums.

How far is Santa Clara from San Fran btw....?

Less than an hour

Thats not too bad...

It's actually only about 35-40 minutes. Completely normal workday commute for a large portion of the working public in the Bay Area. And another thing most don't realize is that San Jose is actually the "metro" area for Santa Clara (most don't realize you're not in SJ anymore), and San Jose is well known and not the "small town" that people tend to call Santa Clara.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
5 days
5 days

wooooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by DANADA:
5 days

wooooooooooooooooo

What are the latest poll numbers>
when is this s**t