LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Countdown to Santa Clara Stadium vote: Election Day!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
9 days

woooooooooooooooooo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
8 days
8 days

woooooooooooooooo
7 days!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
7 days
7 days

woooooooooooooooooo
i was hoping to see ken dorsey in #7
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A
I hope the 49ers get a new stadium. I saw a few artist renditions of what it could look like a year or so ago. I like new stadiums in the NFL and think it would be good for the NFC West to have 3 out 4 teams playing in new state-of-the-art home stadiums.

How far is Santa Clara from San Fran btw....?
Originally posted by DangerRyan:
I hope the 49ers get a new stadium. I saw a few artist renditions of what it could look like a year or so ago. I like new stadiums in the NFL and think it would be good for the NFC West to have 3 out 4 teams playing in new state-of-the-art home stadiums.

Less than an hour
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Less than an hour

Thats not too bad...

• mayo49
  • Veteran
6 days
6 days

• stump50
  • Info N/A

Less than an hour

Sorry guys i am new to this forum. I have been reading for a long time but just recently became a member. I was wondering if you guys thought we would have to change our name from the San Fransisco 49ers to Santa Clara.
Originally posted by stump50:

Less than an hour

Sorry guys i am new to this forum. I have been reading for a long time but just recently became a member. I was wondering if you guys thought we would have to change our name from the San Fransisco 49ers to Santa Clara.

The name won't change...
Originally posted by stump50:

Less than an hour

This has been covered many, many times. I know you may not have been reading, but rest assured, it will remain the San Francisco 49ers.

MANY NFL teams do not play in the City in their title (Cowboys, Patriots, Redskins...the Jets and Giants actually play in a different STATE). Hell, The Carolina Panthers....there is no such place as Carolina. There is NORTH Carolina and SOUTH Carolina, but no Carolina. We have our own example here in the Golden State Warriors.

My point is that the city name is just a trademarked part of the name of the team. It WILL NOT change.
Share 49ersWebzone