LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Phil Barber

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by foreign49er:
This guy seems good. He has a lot of activity and seems just as interested in the 49ers as I am. I like him so far and will continue to follow him.

I will continue to follow him as well. I like all the little comments. I expect that after awhile we will see Barber's writing style emerge and we will figure out his perspective. Today we will here his side of the Baalke presentation and we will get to compare it to Barrow's. In any case we will end up with two presentations and get two points of view. I prefer twice as much data. So I am happy.
I try to give new people time to get established before forming an opinion. Barber probably knows that Maioco was highly respected with us fans. Perhaps he thinks he can win our affections by engulfing us in news bites that make up in quantity what they lack in depth and quality.

Like most of you, his approach so far does not satisfy me. To me, an ideal journalist is one who can develop a good repport with the 49er players, coaches and staff. In doing so, he can pick up many unattributted items about what is going on behind the scenes, what their thinking is, etc. Even though he will have to express his news as if it is merely his guess or speculation, we can assume that it is accurate and that he got it from a reliable source.

This webzone is a potentially valuable resource. The operators of this site are in a position to contact Barker face-to-face and let him know what we fans are looking for. It may help.
All this guy does is post storys from other writers
Look at Barber's most recent; it looks pretty long and informative. B+
Originally posted by excelsior:
Look at Barber's most recent; it looks pretty long and informative. B+

I liked it as well. Good detail and good feedback.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
all you retards on here, need to STFU already with your whinning all the time. some of you make me sick. give the poor guy a chance before you start bashing him. It's been less than a week.

I am getting so sick of this yapping all the time whinning all the time. grew up. maybe its true when they call niner fans whinners. stop it with the nonsense already. The poor man is just doing his job, its been less than a week. if you dont like it, dont read it. no need to make a useless thread like this.
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k this guy
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
all you retards on here, need to STFU already with your whinning all the time. some of you make me sick. give the poor guy a chance before you start bashing him. It's been less than a week.

I am getting so sick of this yapping all the time whinning all the time. grew up. maybe its true when they call niner fans whinners. stop it with the nonsense already. The poor man is just doing his job, its been less than a week. if you dont like it, dont read it. no need to make a useless thread like this.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Ban me for what? I am not the one hating on here on a daily basis for no reason at all. stop it with the ignorance, thats all im saying. if anything, they do should ban you for suggesting such a thing lololol
Dude seems alright. He's trying at least.

He doesn't know the Niners like MM does, so it'll take awhile to really see, but I agree that he has too many items that are like bad zone threads (like, an old niner game will be aired etc.), but he's just getting started and at least he is enthusiastic about it and has an idea of Niner fans' unfullfillable desire for news.

We're the most active fan-base on the internet and he's gotta find the balance between things that deserve a writeup and those that deserve to be blurbs at the bottom of a real piece.

What is missing is that MM really knew the team and personnel and so when he'd throw in opinions they were worth listening to. Barber doesn't yet know the squad so it's difficult to take any opinions (which he hasn't offered many of) seriously.

He's trying. I'll give him a few months before I decide to rely on him or ignore him.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Apr 29, 2010 at 21:40:51 ]

Holy cow, are you too dating of just BFF’s?

Here is the thing, I know that your BFF is replacing a very popular writer, and I’ll admit, some of our expectations are a little high. But please, don’t let your personal relationships get you so angry that you forget that we can make whatever observations we want to. So far I have noticed a drop off from Maiocco to your BFF Barber, but we would be kidding our selves if we didn’t see that coming.

Maiocco has been fallowing the 49ers to long, and knows the players to well for someone to simply replace him. In time, your BFF may be every bit as good as his predecessor, but right now he still has a little ways to go.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Ban me for what? I am not the one hating on here on a daily basis for no reason at all. stop it with the ignorance, thats all im saying. if anything, they do should ban you for suggesting such a thing lololol

If you don't like it here why don't just stop complaining and just leave.
Share 49ersWebzone