LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Breaking News!!! BLOUNT changes his mind!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Big Woop, he wont make the Titans roster anyway
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Big Woop, he wont make the Titans roster anyway

Agreed. Didn't they just sign Stafon Johnson also?
forget him. practice squad player at best.
Originally posted by GEEK:
The Titans traded away their power back in Lendale White, leaving a vacancy for that position.

The 49ers already got their power back in the 6th round with Dixon. Blount signing with the 49ers would have mean that he'd have to beat out a draft pick that teams may gravitate towards instead of an UDFA.

It's not a nice thing to do, but he has a better chance making the team in Tennessee than San Francisco.

this
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
A lot of you sound like bitter ex-girlfriends in here, soundin real foolish.

Although he committed verbally, nothing was signed and I commend him for making the best decison for his career.

Titans swooped him up and told him LenWhale is gone and we need you, you have a better shot with us.

Great decison Blount.

Cosigned.
Shows that he'll be lazy in the NFL. He's not up for competing with Anthony Dixon? Scared he'll get beat out? Chicken s**t.
Originally posted by znk916:
lol @ all the cut m-rob threads now

It just goes to show that a UDFA can take M-Robs job.
I can't wait til the mods get around to removing his mug from the webzone front page.

errr, I meant the webbie.

[ Edited by NJNiner on Apr 26, 2010 at 09:02:28 ]
WEAK!
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Shows that he'll be lazy in the NFL. He's not up for competing with Anthony Dixon? Scared he'll get beat out? Chicken s**t.

Smart if you ask me... Although I would have prefered him a 49ers, he has a better chance starting with the Titans now that L. White is with Seattle. Can't fault him for that...

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
Wow I felt like Ive been suckerpunched.

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
forget him. practice squad player at best.

Ya, after reading he couldn't catch, he would never have beat out Dixon anyway

Blount dozing off during the coverage of the 2010 NFL Draft. man... he spurned the Niners... oh well good luck Jeff Fisher!
Since Blount verbally agreed w/ us first, then I'm more upset at the Titans for coming in afterwards and convincing him that they're a better fit than us. I mean, c'mon! If he didn't make the roster, then TEN can try and sign him that way or off the PS or whatever. This was unprofessional by both Blount and by the Titan's GM or whomever called him. Blount gave up w/o even trying. You gotta wonder what Singletary told him when Blount called to change his mind.

Does the Titan's have any UDFAs that verbally agreed so the Niners GM/HC can call and say we'd be a better fit than them? I hope so, it's karma.
Hey that's the way it is with UFDAs. They need to find the best scenario for themselves. I think the Titan's trade of White opened this up for Blount.

Good luck to him.
Share 49ersWebzone