LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Leroy Vann-NCAA Career Record Holder for Return TD's Is a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by teeohh:
has Zeigler ever made the team or is he just practice squad?

Practice squad and has been his whole career. Zeigler.

~Ceadder

(2008) 8 games: 5rec/97yds/19.4avg/31lng

Elevated due to injuries. Sheesh. If you aren't starting with the team and you land on the PS then imho, you are PS not 53 man. Understand?

Okay so I assume that we can all agree that Zeigler will more than likely not make this roster?

~Ceadder

Just pointing out he was active on the roster and played briefly that's all.

peace
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Id hit it

me too

the before was
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
My only concern is that there might not be room enough on the roster for a guy who only returns punts. I haven't heard anything about him being a great CB. So, a guy like Kyle Williams, who can play the slot and is a factor in the return game, may offer more value to the team.

Unless there are cuts, Williams would be our 6th WR. I can't find any highlights of his returns so I only assume he's not close to the level Vann is. That's why I would rather take Vann as our 6th CB or even a Slot WR project

Vann's return ability alone > than the handful of passes Williams would catch

Sorry but I totally disagree with Vann's return ability alone > than the handful of passes Williams would catch. First I don’t think they will keep 6 WR or 6 CB. There should be 5 Wr and it will come down to Jones, Hill and William fighting it out for the last spot. If Williams is there best Slot WR he 100% should make the team I don’t care what Vann does as a PR. I think William and Ginn can handle Kick return and will be great at it so the leave punt return to Vann. So Again at what cost do they keep Vann. If keeping Vann comes down to cutting CB Keith Smith that’s a no brainer cut smith. I have no problem with them keeping Vann. I don’t think the team is loaded enough just to keep a guy to return punts and hope he develops as a WR or CB at the cost of cutting a good WR. I would hate to see them cut Hill / Jones and William to keep Vann as a WR because he hasn’t played WR. We have seen them draft guy and try moving them to WR before and it didn’t work out. That doesn’t mean it will not work out with Vann. I think William has a good chance of being a very good slot WR. We will see just how good Vann and William are against the pros as both returners and position players
It will be interesting to see how Vann does against the tougher competition in the NFL. For him to make the team he will have to have some unique ability at PR and Williams will have to be fairly valuable as a slot wr for Vann to make the team. IMHO.
Quote:
Undrafted rookie LeRoy Vann, trying to earn a spot as a kick returner, muffed four punts during special-teams work. One hit him squarely in the facemask.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100617/sports/100619524?p=3&tc=pg
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Quote:
Undrafted rookie LeRoy Vann, trying to earn a spot as a kick returner, muffed four punts during special-teams work. One hit him squarely in the facemask.

too bad they were all missing punts and kicks that week.... dont just post the one line...= hater.. that article and others said ginn and williams missing punts in the wind....
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Leroyy Vann FB!

Yeah For The People Who Are Wondering How Things Are Going For Me Let Me Inform You They Are Going Great Im Balling At CB And Kr/Pr Im Smashing That I'm So Exicited Can't Wait To Put On The 49ers Uniform An Lose My Mind Out Here With My New Team It's My Time Thank You Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!on Wednesday
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Quote:

too bad they were all missing punts and kicks that week.... dont just post the one line...= hater.. that article and others said ginn and williams missing punts in the wind....

Umm... read the article. Blame the Barber. That was the ONLY line about Vann in his piece. I sense your sarcasm detection device is screwed.
damn, that sucks. I was pulling for this kid. Looks like he'll be lucky to make the PS.
nope

MaioccoCSN

The 49ers have informed undrafted rookie returnman LeRoy Vann that he's been waived, a league source told Comcast SportsNet.

Originally posted by jreff22:
nope

MaioccoCSN

The 49ers have informed undrafted rookie returnman LeRoy Vann that he's been waived, a league source told Comcast SportsNet.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!!!!
Ah, and now that he's been waived we'll have to hear about how great he was going to be despite any proof to back up said claims.

I call it "The Kory Sheets" effect.
how the hell are you gonna have trouble fielding kicks if you're a kick returner? Oh well.
oh well
this better not mean brandon jones could possibly be returning kicks or punts
Share 49ersWebzone