LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

PYMWYMI, Year 5.... (2010-2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Given the additions and consistency, I say they take four more wins out of it. These four will be road wins that will separate us from the rest. Of those four, three are a celebration of vengeance!

@Seattle, the season opener!
Here we get some needed payback on a team who will be all emotion in the first half and wear down by the second where we simply pound them into submission. We will be much more physical and they really are not going to know how to combat it.

@Falcons, where it's time for payback!
The humiliation still rings in our players ears from last season where we were supposedly on the verge of being a playoff caliber team...ha! What a slap in the face that was. Time for payback and against a team that is poised to make a playoff run. We have to win this very important road game to continue the progress of being a playoff team. Then its home to beat the Eagles!

@Green Bay, the field were we just can't seem to win!
Again, vengeance is the order of the day. We have to beat them on their turf to gain any more respect from this league and make our mark on the NFL. I like this game because it is in December where our team will be more solidified in terms of scheme and players. For example, Davis and Iupati will have three months behind them of experience so they will be better than lets say in September. We have a better chance to win! This win would be an incredible catapult into December!

@San Diego
The last game of the four is against another highly anticipated playoff team in the San Diego Chargers where we as fans want vengeance against Back-stabbing Turner. If we can go down to So. Cal and beat them on their turf, we certainly will be in the running for 1st rd bye.

So 12-4 it is.

The only way we get there is to win on the road...
@Seattle--No way to start than in the beginning
@Atlanta--Time for payback
@Green Bay--Time to win at Lambeau
@San Diego--Time to prove we can beat an AFC's playoff team

This is the only way to prove it!

On paper we have a pretty weak schedule...our schedule has 11 games against the bottom half of team defenses from last year (looks good for our offense w/ how poor and predictable they can be) and 8 games against teams in the bottom half of team total offense (but we also have a potentially great defense that can cancel out some of those teams)...the only teams that we play that made the playoffs last year are the cardinals twice, saints, eagles, packers and chargers. I think we will beat the cardinals both times because we've had their number lately and they had a lot of turnover of players from last year. I also think we will have one let down road loss like last year against the seahawks

SO 11-5 is my final answer
9-7

Not a big fan of Alex Smith, Jimmy Raye or Jerry Sullivan. Until they get rid of this three headed monster, the 49ers will continue to be held back year after year.
Originally posted by WerschingMachine:
9-7

Not a big fan of Alex Smith, Jimmy Raye or Jerry Sullivan. Until they get rid of this three headed monster, the 49ers will continue to be held back year after year.

if people were only limited to one post. That would be the post to make
10-6
Originally posted by ninertico:
@San Diego
The last game of the four is against another highly anticipated playoff team in the San Diego Chargers where we as fans want vengeance against Back-stabbing Turner. If we can go down to So. Cal and beat them on their turf, we certainly will be in the running for 1st rd bye.

So 12-4 it is.

There's no way in Hades that we'll beat San Diego in December -- where Phillip Rivers does his best "Joe Montana" impression. This team is simply unbeatable down the stretch.

Unfortunately for San Diego fans, Rivers turns into the second coming of Steve Deberg once the calendar flips over into January. But that's another story. This is about December -- where Rivers plays lights out football and has been doing so for three years straight. San Diego hasn't lost a December game in three or four seasons.

So -- beat Rivers and the Bolts in December? No way. No how. Pack away your hopes kid. They're likely to get crushed but good in this game. That's just the way it is.
10-6
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ninertico:
@San Diego

So 12-4 it is.

There's no way in Hades that we'll beat San Diego in December -- where Phillip Rivers does his best "Joe Montana" impression. This team is simply unbeatable down the stretch.

Unfortunately for San Diego fans, Rivers turns into the second coming of Steve Deberg once the calendar flips over into January. But that's another story. This is about December -- where Rivers plays lights out football and has been doing so for three years straight. San Diego hasn't lost a December game in three or four seasons.

So -- beat Rivers and the Bolts in December? No way. No how. Pack away your hopes kid. They're likely to get crushed but good in this game. That's just the way it is.

PS Hey Bird! Care to have a gentleman's bet on that?
[ Edited by ninertico on Jul 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM ]
^ I'm with Tico. SD is going to come back to earth this year. Too many losses on their team recently left more holes than in the past.
I say a solid 11-5.

8-8. Anything more and I will be pleasantly surprised.
Updated...

11-5

5-1 in division. This time we lose to the Cardinals in Phoenix. I still don't believe we can beat the Packers in Lambeau or the Chargers in SD, but every other game should be a toss-up if not advantage Niners.
Originally posted by kidash:
Updated...

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
11-5

5-1 in division. This time we lose to the Cardinals in Phoenix. I still don't believe we can beat the Packers in Lambeau or the Chargers in SD, but every other game should be a toss-up if not advantage Niners.

Chargers are undefeated in december since they've had Rivers but I think they will have a down year, but considering their division it probably won't stop them from making the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone