LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I'd walk/drive/or even fly a plane into 4949 Centennial Blvd if the 49ers even for a nanosecond think about putting AD on the pratice squad.

Lol its not gonna happen. This coaching staff isnt that f**king stupid to rely on Michael f**kingImnotagoddamnrunningback robinson as their primary backup.

can we chill with the big dix? AD sounds way better.

I dunno, Dixons future is bright and short. he's going to be ground into burger and do great at it the short time he is in the NFL. if you have heard or seen any press conferences with the guy, he isn't smart enough to be among the giants.
Originally posted by skynet907:
I dunno, Dixons future is bright and short. he's going to be ground into burger and do great at it the short time he is in the NFL. if you have heard or seen any press conferences with the guy, he isn't smart enough to be among the giants.

You don't need to be Einstein to know how to run with the football.

In any case, I like him b/c he doesn't shy away from contact...his problem today was that he was dancing way too much in the backfield before he hit the hole. Not that worried...probably had some jitters considering it was the Vikings and their great run D. Still think BWestbrook will get carries come gameday.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

In any case, I like him b/c he doesn't shy away from contact...his problem today was that he was dancing way too much in the backfield before he hit the hole. Not that worried...probably had some jitters considering it was the Vikings and their great run D. Still think BWestbrook will get carries come gameday.

true I never denied the guy has some lethal power under the hood, but he talks like a 1st grader giving a presentation on The Three Little Pigs when he takes questions. I can't think of a single HoF player that couldn't put together a coherent statement or at least sound competent speaking it.

you got to have some brains to break out in the NFL, otherwise you get ground into burger being the workhorse while the smarter guys bank off of you.
[ Edited by skynet907 on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:14 AM ]

true I never denied the guy has some lethal power under the hood, but he talks like a 1st grader giving a presentation on The Three Little Pigs when he takes questions. I can't think of a single HoF player that couldn't put together a coherent statement or at least sound competent speaking it.

you got to have some brains to break out in the NFL, otherwise you get ground into burger being the workhorse while the smarter guys bank off of you.

Hey, Frank Gore isn't the most eloquent speaker in the world either! He still gets the job done.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Hey, Frank Gore isn't the most eloquent speaker in the world either! He still gets the job done.

to be honest, frank gore is the workhorse.

speaking ability doesnt equate to running the ball. like the dude said Gore isnt the best speaker but hes a hell of a RB. terry bradshaw sounded like a moron when he spoke but hes in the HOF as a QB none the less. im sure there are others out there too.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

speaking ability doesnt equate to running the ball. like the dude said Gore isnt the best speaker but hes a hell of a RB. terry bradshaw sounded like a moron when he spoke but hes in the HOF as a QB none the less. im sure there are others out there too.

true, but they knew they plays and they knew football as if they were doctorates in their field. Dixon does not.
[ Edited by skynet907 on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:39 AM ]

true, but they knew they plays and they knew football as if they were doctorates in their field. Dixon does not.

FYI, Anthony Dixon put up some great numbers at Miss. St. in the SEC. It's probably the most difficult and NFL ready conference in college football.

Quote:
COLLEGE:

•Played in 48 games (40 starts) and set school records rushing with 3,994 yds. on 910 carries (4.4 ypc) and 42 TDs. Also added 56 receptions for 449 yds. and 4 TDs. Became the seventh player in SEC history to lead his team in rushing four times. Only RB Herschel Walker (994 carries) had more carries in SEC history, while his 42 TDs rank t-6th in SEC history. Eclipsed the 100-yd. plateau in 17 games, surpassing RB Jerious Norwood’s school record of 13, 100-yd. Set the school record for most points in a career (276) and most all-purpose yds. (4,443 yds.). Earned first-team All-SEC honors as well as third-team All-American honors as a senior. Became the third Bulldog to claim the Conerly Trophy awarded to the top collegiate player in the state of Mississippi. Rushed for a school-record 1,391 yds. on 257 carries and 12 TDs in 2009, while breaking Mississippi State’s record for most 100-yd. games in a season (8). His 126.5 ypg led the SEC and ranked 6th in the nation. Started all 12 games as a junior and rushed for 869 yds. on 197 carries and 7 TDs. Also set his single-season high with 20 receptions for 117 yds in 2008. As a sophomore, played in 13 games (12 starts) and set a single-season school record with 287 carries as he became the first Bulldog sophomore to surpass 1,000 yds. in a season (1,066 yds.). Appeared in 12 games as a true freshman and set school season-records for freshman while leading the team with 668 yds. on 169 carries and 9 TDs.

FYI, Anthony Dixon put up some great numbers at Miss. St. in the SEC. It's probably the most difficult and NFL ready conference in college football.

Quote:
COLLEGE:

•Played in 48 games (40 starts) and set school records rushing with 3,994 yds. on 910 carries (4.4 ypc) and 42 TDs. Also added 56 receptions for 449 yds. and 4 TDs. Became the seventh player in SEC history to lead his team in rushing four times. Only RB Herschel Walker (994 carries) had more carries in SEC history, while his 42 TDs rank t-6th in SEC history. Eclipsed the 100-yd. plateau in 17 games, surpassing RB Jerious Norwood’s school record of 13, 100-yd. Set the school record for most points in a career (276) and most all-purpose yds. (4,443 yds.). Earned first-team All-SEC honors as well as third-team All-American honors as a senior. Became the third Bulldog to claim the Conerly Trophy awarded to the top collegiate player in the state of Mississippi. Rushed for a school-record 1,391 yds. on 257 carries and 12 TDs in 2009, while breaking Mississippi State’s record for most 100-yd. games in a season (8). His 126.5 ypg led the SEC and ranked 6th in the nation. Started all 12 games as a junior and rushed for 869 yds. on 197 carries and 7 TDs. Also set his single-season high with 20 receptions for 117 yds in 2008. As a sophomore, played in 13 games (12 starts) and set a single-season school record with 287 carries as he became the first Bulldog sophomore to surpass 1,000 yds. in a season (1,066 yds.). Appeared in 12 games as a true freshman and set school season-records for freshman while leading the team with 668 yds. on 169 carries and 9 TDs.

I am not coming down on big dix, I'm just saying that he is smart enough to be a workhorse that gets ground into oblivion, and hopefully makes enough money doing that to live comfortably.

you cant seriously be gauging this kids future based on one preseason game where he played the top ranked rushing defense in the league the last three years. u talk about dixon off the field as if it makes him a better runner if he speaks clearly. balmer spoke pretty good but he sucked with us and will probably suck with seattle. Dixon will be a beast in this league and is probably the heir apparent when Gore starts to slow down in a few years. i think a garrison hearst-barlow thing is gonna happen with these two except i hope he stays good and doesnt disappear like barlow did

you cant seriously be gauging this kids future based on one preseason game where he played the top ranked rushing defense in the league the last three years. u talk about dixon off the field as if it makes him a better runner if he speaks clearly. balmer spoke pretty good but he sucked with us and will probably suck with seattle. Dixon will be a beast in this league and is probably the heir apparent when Gore starts to slow down in a few years. i think a garrison hearst-barlow thing is gonna happen with these two except i hope he stays good and doesnt disappear like barlow did

No I am not, I'm just trying to dispell some of the unearned love on this forum towards Dixon. He has great potential, I just want people to stand back and look at what his real purpose on this team is.

No I am not, I'm just trying to dispell some of the unearned love on this forum towards Dixon. He has great potential, I just want people to stand back and look at what his real purpose on this team is.

why is it so wrong to be excited about this guy? so many people on here just love to bring people down when theyre excited about someone. he looks to have great vision, quickness and toughness. i think he will be a great back. Gore is 27 years old and he has a history of knee problems, has been our hardest working player the last 5 years and has been working his ass off mostly by himself because the quality of our backups have been s**tty. Dixon looks good so far, they know Gore cant play for ever and Dixon could help extend his career. if they get into a two back rotation with these two for a few years until dixon is ready to take over whats wrong with that? i think thats the way the niners see it happening so that would be dixons purpose on the team. to currently backup gore and eventually replace him. thats how the nfl works, players get old no matter how much we love them and wish they wouldnt, they need to be replaced sooner or later. hopefully dixon can make that much later for Gore but i do think he will be the eventual replacement.
Share 49ersWebzone