LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Baby Tank. -He's a smart player, too. His cuts/breaks/ball-protection and extension for extra yardage was way better than Coffee last pre-season (Coffee was a bulky runner with horrible field vision/agility).

this dude is so nimble and quick for a big guy. i think hes a bigger version of gore. and that stiff arm was so sick!!! also seen some good blocking and him hitting the defenders at the end of his runs. i liked this dude since the draft and i hope he progresses his blocking and he'll be a stud for us.
Lets get some Highlights of those deadly stiff arms!!
ESPN: 49ers' Anthony Dixon makes statement

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Anthony Dixon's 21-carry, 100-yard rushing effort in his NFL exhibition debut might not dissuade the San Francisco 49ers from adding a veteran running back following Glen Coffee's surprise retirement.

Whatever worries the 49ers had regarding their depth behind starter Frank Gore probably diminished, at least.

Dixon's brutal stiff-arm near the goal line Sunday resembled the one Arizona Cardinals rookie Beanie Wells used in a nationally televised game against the New York Giants last season. A violent stiff-arm serves notice that a running back is carrying the ball with attitude. Wells proved last season he can play with that attitude. Dixon has similar intentions -- and he was all smiles in the locker room when the subject came up.

"Like I always say, the cornerbacks, they really don't want to see me on a daily basis," Dixon said. "Once I saw him, I knew it was pretty much cake."

The 5-yard touchdown run resulted from what Dixon described as a zone-read play.

"It felt good," Dixon said. "I've been waiting for that day."

Gore was one of several high-profile 49ers to sit out the exhibition opener Sunday. Special-teams standout Michael Robinson started at running back, losing a fumble on the 49ers' first play from scrimmage. Dixon would be the easy choice in the No. 2 spot if the 49ers knew they could trust him in pass protection, an area often problematic for inexperienced players. That aspect could lead the team to sign or acquire a veteran.

By Dixon's estimate, blocked a couple plays effectively and missed a couple others. Overall, he said he was operating on about 60 percent playbook and 40 percent instincts.

"It's just getting better with the terminology and the language," Dixon said. "That is what I am constantly working on every day, learning how to put it in their words so they can accept me and know I'm ready to play."

Coach Mike Singletary said the 49ers were looking at "pretty decent options" at the position. As for Dixon?

"He is still learning when he has to attack the hole and when to throw a move here and there," Singletary said. "I think he is young, but he has shown he has the talent and the strength to do some things. He made some good, strong runs. That was very good to see."
if you missed the interview after the game it's a must see. they way this youngstar conducted himself makes you like him even more.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
if you missed the interview after the game it's a must see. they way this youngstar conducted himself makes you like him even more.

I remember him saying some thing like "I need to work on getting better. There were some mistakes I made out there, and I have to work on those."
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

I soon as I saw that comcast post draft interview with Dixon I liked him a lot.

The guy had an upbringing the reminded me of Pat Willis and Michael Oher. He had to step up and raise his younger brothers when himself was just a kid. And he did pretty well at that it seems, since they're all stud athletes with real chances to go pro.

But the thing that I really liked is that even after all that the guy is all smiles. He seems super good natured and laid back. to be able to go through all that and still have a sunnier demeanor than most really says a lot about a person.

So I am stoked to see him produce like that on the field. He's one niner I find it VERY easy to root for.

He looks like LeRon McLain.

Same number, helmet. Similar size.
I knew from his first touch on the screen that he was gonna knock fools out. And that run where he broke a tackle which would've gone for a five yard loss, then broke another one at the line, then made a nifty move to the left, and ran for 20 yards and threw his body over defenders who were diving at his feet... ALL IN ONE PLAY. lol... What makes me sad is that every year we speculate during preseason and training camp on a backup for Gore, and no matter how good or bad the backup that emerges at the start of the season may be, he barely gets any playing time. lol
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Yup, and runs similar to Michael Turner...

Originally posted by niner4life21:

he runs like Anthony Dixon. i dont think either of those two run as angry as this guy and then still have that kind of shiftiness in such a big package. this guy is gonna be a stud. i just hope they actually use him this year, Gore is a beast but he needs to take some breaks so he can last us a little longer and keep him fresh.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

he runs like Anthony Dixon. i dont think either of those two run as angry as this guy and then still have that kind of shiftiness in such a big package. this guy is gonna be a stud. i just hope they actually use him this year, Gore is a beast but he needs to take some breaks so he can last us a little longer and keep him fresh.

If Dixon can be even just decent in pass protection, I think he'll see a decent amount of snaps spelling Gore.
I was looking forward to seeing Dixon and he did not dissapoint. He ran the ball well today, made a lot of strong runs and kept the chains moving. He was easily the top performer for the offense today. Hopefully he can continue to progress and become our 2nd back this season. I'm officially on the Pro Dixon Bandwagon today.

I agree with you on everything except the 'angry' part. Dixon most def did knock fools out and stiff arm fools too, but surprisingly, for a big guy, he runs somewhat smooth with nice nifty moves. But yup, this guys gonna be a stud, as long as he gets PT.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

If Dixon can be even just decent in pass protection, I think he'll see a decent amount of snaps spelling Gore.

he had some impressive blocks today too even tho he missed a couple. that TD pass that carr threw to the right side was possible because dixon blocked out the DE on the left side. he'll be fine, rathman is the perfect guy to mold dixon into the monster that he could become.
Share 49ersWebzone