LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

Alex smith on chronicle live next!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Says hands down he is the strongest guy on the team, agrees the team should have gotten McNabb in the offseason, says Revlon makes the best tweezers and finally his goal this year is to throw for more yards than his average bowling score.

I dont support smith bashing, but this gave me a mini lel.
i bet his wifes p***y smells good
man when alex throws like 24 td's and like 14 int's and we win 9 games and get to the playoffs they haters will be eating some crow
Originally posted by valrod33:
i bet his wifes p***y smells good

Originally posted by WestCoast:
another smith bashing, thats new....

Ya get get what ya pay fer..
Originally posted by crabman82:
man when alex throws like 24 td's and like 14 int's and we win 9 games and get to the playoffs they haters will be eating some crow

I would hope for more than 9 wins.
Originally posted by PTulini:

with the team we have, and add in the draft. Alex better win us atleast 10! or buh bye

Im a huge Smith supporter, but thats why im in favor of taking Clausen not at 13, but 17 if hes there! you just never know!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

with the team we have, and add in the draft. Alex better win us atleast 10! or buh bye

Im a huge Smith supporter, but thats why im in favor of taking Clausen not at 13, but 17 if hes there! you just never know!

just got shut down on path to the draft by charlie weiss...... said build team and give alex his shot....... IMO hes right alex has never had a good shot. not a shot, a good shot. Hes got players now, but no oline. give this man protection, then its up to him. Clausen fills a bottom of the list need. Plus we get him, no oline what throw him to the wolves to..... yeah thats what we need another ruined qb....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fan49:

just got shut down on path to the draft by charlie weiss...... said build team and give alex his shot....... IMO hes right alex has never had a good shot. not a shot, a good shot. Hes got players now, but no oline. give this man protection, then its up to him. Clausen fills a bottom of the list need. Plus we get him, no oline what throw him to the wolves to..... yeah thats what we need another ruined qb....

Honestly, 2006 was the best shot ANY QB had since 2002.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Thats why we draft a T with 13 and Clausen if he is there at 17 or McCoy rd2!! Dont throw them in! let them sit for a year or 2 depending how Smith does and deal from there!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Thats why we draft a T with 13 and Clausen if he is there at 17 or McCoy rd2!! Dont throw them in! let them sit for a year or 2 depending how Smith does and deal from there!

I have to agree with you there. If we draft a QB in the 1st round, sit him. Singletary has already given Smith his vote of confidence, so he will get his shot at earning a new contract.

I have to agree with you there. If we draft a QB in the 1st round, sit him. Singletary has already given Smith his vote of confidence, so he will get his shot at earning a new contract.

Be real though if we draft Clausen no matter how well Smith plays next year he'll be out the door unless we win a superbowl. Just look at how the Saints did Brees after they drafted Rivers, and Brees was a better player than Smith. Or how the Giants benched former SB wining QB Warner for Eli Manning halfway through a winning season.

To be honest with you I don't want to waste a pick on a guy like Clausen, I'm confident Smith will do better than last year and that'd be pretty good, we need 2 home runs with these first rounders or to trade back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Be real though if we draft Clausen no matter how well Smith plays next year he'll be out the door unless we win a superbowl. Just look at how the Saints did Brees after they drafted Rivers, and Brees was a better player than Smith. Or how the Giants benched former SB wining QB Warner for Eli Manning halfway through a winning season.

To be honest with you I don't want to waste a pick on a guy like Clausen, I'm confident Smith will do better than last year and that'd be pretty good, we need 2 home runs with these first rounders or to trade back.

Sure that could happen the way Brees and Warner were treated, but who's to say we would just straight get rid of Smith?? Its simple, if Smith guides us to the playoffs, he gets a new contract, if he doesn't why couldn't he be a #2 for us and fight for his job if the opportunity ever rises again?? He certainly wouldn't be a bad back up QB.

Some of you see drafting QB in the 1st as a wasted pick, I see it as value for the future. And seeing that we have to 1st round picks, I actually think we could afford to pick up good value for the future.
Why waste a pick on Clausen?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Sure that could happen the way Brees and Warner were treated, but who's to say we would just straight get rid of Smith?? Its simple, if Smith guides us to the playoffs, he gets a new contract, if he doesn't why couldn't he be a #2 for us and fight for his job if the opportunity ever rises again?? He certainly wouldn't be a bad back up QB.

Some of you see drafting QB in the 1st as a wasted pick, I see it as value for the future. And seeing that we have to 1st round picks, I actually think we could afford to pick up good value for the future.

I agree
Share 49ersWebzone