LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Left Defensive End or Left Bench?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brandon graham? Forget about his size...the guy flat out dominated the senior bowl and had a heck of a season as DE for the big blue....aren't y'all tired of seeing opposing quarterbacks have plenty of time to throw against us?..our 3-4 pass rush is straight up vanilla when we play against a good oline (remember the falcons game) and drafting a corner and safety wnt help if the other teams Qb has 5 min to throw the ball...graham would help us with the pass rush and that'll make our corners better..
...should be our pick at #17
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i would bench michael lewis, he is a dying breed of safety who cant cover that well and is only in there to blitz and stop the run, plus the concussions problems

Agreed, because of the way rules have changed, passing has really taken over and in-the-box safeties just don't have the same kind of impact anymore.

Agree with this for sure.

Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers use a high pick on a safety.

yup earl thomas at FS goldson to SS

ERIC BERRY!

That is all.
i would bench michael lewis, he is a dying breed of safety who cant cover that well and is only in there to blitz and stop the run, plus the concussions problems

Agree, but it would be hard to bench a player after so many great seasons. With his health problems I would hope he retires while he can still remember where he lives.
I hope we get a safety in the first round, I know you guys are saying we need a corner..

I thought I remembered hearing last year, that teh reason the niners play certain coverages was to make up for the fact that some parts of the d were weak.

Maybe we could play more bump and run, if we had safeties that are fast, and smart enough to be in position.
Originally posted by saj4423:

Agree, but it would be hard to bench a player after so many great seasons. With his health problems I would hope he retires while he can still remember where he lives.

i am not sure what great seasons you speak of, he was way better in philly thatn he has been in sf, i like m lewis but he doesnt make any plays on the ball, cant cover te's and is only in the game for run support. we paid him pretty good money to come here and to me he isnt any better than deon grant of seattle who was released recently
Share 49ersWebzone