There are 274 users in the forums

Baalke - authority/courage to trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Clint Eastwood for GM.

"Now you have to wonder, did I use five picks or six?"
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We'll be ok, would have been better had we not had to lose the GM but Baalke's gonna get the job done
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

Clint Eastwood for GM.

Nice
I guess the Ted Ginn trade just answered the question posed in this thread.

Interesting to note that Baalke has some history with Parcels, which probably helped with the communnication. Hard to believe that the Niners were the ONLY team willing to offer a 5th-rounder for Ginn. Nice job by the Niner front office in moving quickly (less than 24 hours after Miami signed Marshall) and decisively. Maybe this one was a "what if" conversation between Baalke and Miami, which occurred some time ago and which was triggered by the Marshall signing. Just sayin.....

Regardless, it is now obvious that Baalke is more than capable of intermingling picks, players and trades.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by susweel:
The 49ers probably have the most inexperienced unskilled front office in the NFL. But they work cheap, it is a miracle this team even made it back to .500 considering everything. With York ownership this team will never sniff another championship. I hold out hope they will sell the team.

Is that you San Diego ?

San Diego and I are the only consistent York bashers. I don't understand why there aren't more of us.

I am with you!

LOL.

Originally posted by BigDaddy:

Clint Eastwood for GM.

hahahaha
I was kinda worried that Baalke would be too green to make any trades but this has eased my worries.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I was kinda worried that Baalke would be too green to make any trades but this has eased my worries.

Me too, now get Eric Berry!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
There were at least 3 games we could of won last year if we had better production in the return game.

A good draft plus this addition will surely help to secure the west
The 49ers probably have the most inexperienced unskilled front office in the NFL. But they work cheap, it is a miracle this team even made it back to .500 considering everything. With York ownership this team will never sniff another championship. I hold out hope they will sell the team.

Is that you San Diego ?

San Diego and I are the only consistent York bashers. I don't understand why there aren't more of us.

Because most believe it is a waste of energy.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Is that you San Diego ?

Originally posted by jimbagg:

Interesting to note that Baalke has some history with Parcels, which probably helped with the communnication. Hard to believe that the Niners were the ONLY team willing to offer a 5th-rounder for Ginn. Nice job by the Niner front office in moving quickly (less than 24 hours after Miami signed Marshall) and decisively. Maybe this one was a "what if" conversation between Baalke and Miami, which occurred some time ago and which was triggered by the Marshall signing. Just sayin.....

Regardless, it is now obvious that Baalke is more than capable of intermingling picks, players and trades.

I am glad that we got a little taste of Baalkes perceptions and actions. It looks like he knows where he is going and is willing to go and get it done. This is good news on a number of fronts.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Is that you San Diego ?

Exactly. What owner ever sold a team because he wasn't liked on the internet?

Is that you San Diego ?

Because most understand it is a waste of energy.

Fixed.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimbagg:

I was thinking the same thing. A 5th round pick for Ginn sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Gotta believe Miami could've done better if they'd really wanted to. This deal makes me feel al lot better about 49ers management going into the draft. It's clear that someone's in charge and not afraid to act decisively.
Share 49ersWebzone