LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Do you believe Alex Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl victory?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe Alex Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl victory?

We will get to the playoffs, probably this year. If we provide him with a line and continue to improve in other ways, there is no reason why we can't become a regular playoff team.

QB's always used to hit their best in their thirties. So who knows? But I am a supporter so I say yes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Oh this is going to get ugly...

That depends on the team around him. LOL. He's not much bigger than those kids. He always did have a slight build for an NFL QB.

yeah, you know those tiny little 6'4, 220 lb qb's.

its much too early to decide whether or not Smith is capable of leading us to a super bowl. i beleive he possesses the tools and the brains, and with experience, he will learn the leadership part as well. pair him up with consistancy, a couple star pass catchers like Crabtree and Davis, and a decent OL, and i think were in business.

we will know alot about Alex Smith at the end of next year.
  • benzino
  • Info N/A
I do'nt think Alex Smith can take us to the bowl but I'd like to see Donovan McNabb in a Niner uniform to do so............

GO NINERS
Originally posted by benzino:
I do'nt think Alex Smith can take us to the bowl but I'd like to see Donovan McNabb in a Niner uniform to do so............

GO NINERS

McNabb cant even lead a perennially winning franchise to a super bowl victory. hes overrated.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by benzino:

GO NINERS

McNabb cant even lead a perennially winning franchise to a super bowl victory. hes overrated.

Exactly. If he can't win with the eagles, what makes you think he can win with the 49ers
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I believe!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I believe!
With experience and continuity on offense, and a good and improving defense, we have as much chance as any team to make win a championship. I do NOT think Alex is on the same level as a Manning or Brees, but with the right team around him he could be a Dilfer/Brad Johnson SB winner.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
With experience and continuity on offense, and a good and improving defense, we have as much chance as any team to make win a championship. I do NOT think Alex is on the same level as a Manning or Brees, but with the right team around him he could be a Dilfer/Brad Johnson SB winner.

no way he has more talent than that

if this guy can do it then Alex can

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Oh this is going to get ugly...

I don't know if the starbucks is kicking, but to me..it looks like the kid has bigger hands than Smith...I'm just sayin.
Ask me after this season, because I have no friggin idea.
people just dont get that playing qb is a developmental process...if this question was asked about jake delhomme or rich gannnon when they were 25, most would say no...smith showed alot of growth in 2009, yet most here seem to want him to fail, and dont give any credit for the improvement he showed, or contemplate he may improve even more in 2010 (with better supporting cast and the same o-coordinator for 2 yrs in a row)

yes alex smith can lead the niners team to a super bowl---
Nope not until he can play from under center
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 22, 2010 at 7:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone