LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

McCloughan's fall from grace was his own doing.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
that's a terrible article. Just more baseless speculation.

The line that Mike Nolan was fired under "circumstances as mysterious" as McCloughan's tells you all you need to know about the writer and the article. WTF was "mysterious" about Nolan getting fired?

Don't you remember all the BS/drama during the week of his firing? The will he/won't he be fired hoopla? It was probably more dramafied than this.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM ]
people that are having panic attacks because of his departure just you wait when we have a solid draft youll forget about McClueless completly.

upper management knows what they are doing & for one i am glad he is out
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

take a breather & chill out!!!!!
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Mar 21, 2010 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
that's a terrible article. Just more baseless speculation.

The line that Mike Nolan was fired under "circumstances as mysterious" as McCloughan's tells you all you need to know about the writer and the article. WTF was "mysterious" about Nolan getting fired?

Don't you remember all the BS/drama during the week of his wiring? The will he/won't he be fired hoopla? It was probably more dramafied than this.

yeah, but we all knew he would be fired eventually. It was just a matter of if it was going to happen before or during the bye week.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
people that are having panic attacks because of his departure just you wait when we have a solid draft youll forget about McClueless completly.

upper management knows what they are doing & for one glad he is out
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

take a breather & chill out!!!!!

Same here Im glad he is out.

Im actually looking forward to the draft after the first round now.
The fact that McCloughan doesn't seem like he's fighting to keep his job or throwing a hissy fit at least publicly, should tell us that his dismissal is justified whether it be for personal or football reasons.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DesiDez:
The fact that McCloughan doesn't seem like he's fighting to keep his job or throwing a hissy fit at least publicly, should tell us that his dismissal is justified whether it be for personal or football reasons.

Rumor has it that Jed York walked in on him fapping to shirtless pictures of Zak Keasey.
Originally posted by susweel:

Rumor has it that Jed York walked in on him fapping to shirtless pictures of Zak Keasey.

He should be used to that, Nolan did that all the time.
Originally posted by susweel:

thanks now I can't get that visual out of my head
Originally posted by 9eridiot:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's just the Yorks being stupid and self destructing the team like they always do. Only the Yorks could come up with a plan to get rid of the GM 5 weeks before the draft with no replacement on hand. They could have done it at the very beginning of the offseason and may have been able to land the likes of Holmgren or Shannahan in the role if they were willing to pay for it. But they aren't willing to pay for it and everything the Yorks do is reactionary and spur of the moment with no forward planning. It's how the roll. Destroy the team and figure out the consequences later. It's how they have rolled for a decade.

You don't get it. They are not looking to bring someone from outside the organization in to replace Scott. THAT'S why it doesn't matter that he was canned 5 weeks before the draft. The Niners are going to make Baalk, Gamble, or Marathe GM and the team will continue forward with little change in the short term.

This in my opinion is not at all reactionary or spur of the moment, but a culmination of discretions that led to the change. I don't think for a moment that the management had any interest at all in GM candidates outside the team earlier this off-season. I think if anything, the team waited too long.

... and Balke it is !

True too, the team had no interest in GM candidates; but, more importantly, no GM candidates had any interest in the Niners. Why would a strong GM accept the restrictive conditions set by York?

Only a tool would do it ... and Balke it is !

Exactly what restrictive conditions are you speaking of?
I'm glad he's gone but another example of how this team has no direction or clue about what it's doing. Firing him after Holmgren or anyone else competent is around. What a joke. No plan whatsoever. This team is going to continue to be terrible until Yorks are gone.

There's some truth 'bout the fact that after five years the niners still are'nt a sexy place to come to an be a coach or player.

Linehan has chosen the Lions last year, some big names have signed with the Lions and that despite the fact that Matt Millen has been the GM there.

It's a problem that starts at the top with the owners but also with the GM who has to create and convince people that the dark days of Donahue are over.

Still that does not seem to be the fact.

Jed also has to show that he's more like Eddie than his father.

In many aspects this is a crucial season.

Qb decision, GM desicion, ownership decision...
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
There's some truth 'bout the fact that after five years the niners still are'nt a sexy place to come to an be a coach or player.

Linehan has chosen the Lions last year, some big names have signed with the Lions and that despite the fact that Matt Millen has been the GM there.

It's a problem that starts at the top with the owners but also with the GM who has to create and convince people that the dark days of Donahue are over.

I stopped reading after you mentioned that there were "big names" who signed with Matt Millen when he was in Detroit.

Your post is BS. Stop.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Mar 21, 2010 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

I stopped reading after you mentioned that there were "big names" who signed with Matt Millen when he was in Detroit.

Your post is BS. Stop.

-9fA

Tht'ts a typing error.
What I meant to say was.
That despite the fact that Millen has been the GM there ad the fact that the Lions went 0-16, the first year after that and now in the second year players as well as coaches are interested in comming to the Lions.

Obivously something has to drag coaches and players to Detroit, to the "rebuilding since 1954 Lions".
Originally posted by MBee:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I have never, and will never, trust PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY.

RealFootball365 may be a better source for information compared to PFW...

Please. PFW's been around for 40+ years. Who knows how much of their story is accurate, but they're not a bunch of charlatans just trying to make a name for themselves.

They certainly seem to have no problem using large portions of another writer's work and yet not credit that writer or the publication for which he works.

Sorry MB, I wouldn't have posted the article had I known.
This article is crap. It's a meandering convoluted bunch of nonsense.
Share 49ersWebzone