LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yo, Acorn Head, didn't I tell you to convince ownership to sell the team to Rob Schneider, then GTFOH
From TK:

"And if there's one thing York and Marathe and qualified to judge, it's political back-stabbing and leaking to try to get yourself in the best light.

* Why is Marathe back on the main stage after he was banished out of the team presidency last year?

Marathe was demoted by the Yorks to try to stop the flow of leaks against Colin Kaepernick, and the leaks did indeed stop once Marathe was out of the inner circle.

But he is always a wild-card because he has that connection with Jed, and if Marathe is around, always look for other executives to get fired and Marathe to move forward when that happens.

Like now.

The Yorks are very isolated from the normal NFL levels, which is why Jed almost always goes back to Marathe and why Jed communicates so often with national reporters.

Jed says he always has his uncle Eddie DeBartolo Jr. to talk to, but I've heard they rarely speak these days, and Eddie rightfully doesn't have much time for a nephew who has ignored his sage advice pretty much since Levi's Stadium was finalized."
Can we start a social media request to all the local media reporters to hammer Jed York and demand answers on Paraag Marathe's true role with the team is and what his true involvement in day-to-day AND game-day roles are?

I'd like Maiooco, Kawakami, the Kohn's, and others to bring up all these past reports of Kelly, Harbaugh, Erickson, Walsh, and others having friction with Marathe and his interjections into football matters.

I've learned many things I didn't previously know from this thread and I'm beyond pissed. This story is huge! This is what we should be focused on and I hate it has taken this long to shine any light on it.

Maiocco? Kawakami? Kohn's? What say you?
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
Can we start a social media request to all the local media reporters to hammer Jed York and demand answers on Paraag Marathe's true role with the team is and what his true involvement in day-to-day AND game-day roles are?

I'd like Maiooco, Kawakami, the Kohn's, and others to bring up all these past reports of Kelly, Harbaugh, Erickson, Walsh, and others having friction with Marathe and his interjections into football matters.

I've learned many things I didn't previously know from this thread and I'm beyond pissed. This story is huge! This is what we should be focused on and I hate it has taken this long to shine any light on it.

This, so this.

But they will end up lying which is fine because it will be obvious because they are bad at that also.
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:

Totally support this.
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Does this mean Jed would be Gollum? He certainly would not be the King.
Originally posted by Joecool:
From TK:

"And if there's one thing York and Marathe and qualified to judge, it's political back-stabbing and leaking to try to get yourself in the best light.

* Why is Marathe back on the main stage after he was banished out of the team presidency last year?

Marathe was demoted by the Yorks to try to stop the flow of leaks against Colin Kaepernick, and the leaks did indeed stop once Marathe was out of the inner circle.

But he is always a wild-card because he has that connection with Jed, and if Marathe is around, always look for other executives to get fired and Marathe to move forward when that happens.

Like now.

The Yorks are very isolated from the normal NFL levels, which is why Jed almost always goes back to Marathe and why Jed communicates so often with national reporters.

Jed says he always has his uncle Eddie DeBartolo Jr. to talk to, but I've heard they rarely speak these days, and Eddie rightfully doesn't have much time for a nephew who has ignored his sage advice pretty much since Levi's Stadium was finalized."

Marathe was an early Dr. York hire and perhaps they trust his judgement more than Jed's. They seem tied together and that is much of the problem!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
From TK:

Like now.

Marathe was an early Dr. York hire and perhaps they trust his judgement more than Jed's. They seem tied together and that is much of the problem!

Our front office officially known as BFF.
24 months from now, if the personnel remains essentially what we have now, i.e decimated talentwise, and if the W/L record is upside down, and if there is chaos on the team, including the new GM and HC(assuming they last that long), it will be very easy to see who screwed the pooch. The GM and HC will get the blame, but once again the ONLY TWO people still here from day one 14 yrs ago....will be Jed and paraag. Jed isn't getting fired. But assuming the above is the status, Paraag will be the logical choice to go.

That is what it will take...unless someone comes up with an answer that ends this a lot quicker.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
24 months from now, if the personnel remains essentially what we have now, i.e decimated talentwise, and if the W/L record is upside down, and if there is chaos on the team, including the new GM and HC(assuming they last that long), it will be very easy to see who screwed the pooch. The GM and HC will get the blame, but once again the ONLY TWO people still here from day one 14 yrs ago....will be Jed and paraag. Jed isn't getting fired. But assuming the above is the status, Paraag will be the logical choice to go.

That is what it will take...unless someone comes up with an answer that ends this a lot quicker.

Paraage won't get fired. He will be demoted to GM.

Paraage won't get fired. He will be demoted to GM.

lol
Yeah after an exhausting search, Paraag has located himself.

Found this interesting about Nick Caserio from NE. This is from the Boston Herald article that claims he is too valuable to lose-

Caserio's value can't be undersold. Of course, he takes the lead on negotiations with contracts and trades. Last offseason when the Patriots courted restricted free agent Chris Hogan, Belichick's sit-down with the wide receiver never touched on money. When they parted, Belichick affirmed to Hogan that Caserio would ensure the deal would be executed, and they struck a creative three-year, $12 million pact.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2017/01/patriots_can_t_afford_to_let_personnel_czar_nick_caserio_go_elsewhere

That being said, I wonder how this affects working with Paraag since he is the lead contract negotiator for the 49ers. Would Caserio welcome a partnership with him on contracts and trades?
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Found this interesting about Nick Caserio from NE. This is from the Boston Herald article that claims he is too valuable to lose-

Caserio's value can't be undersold. Of course, he takes the lead on negotiations with contracts and trades. Last offseason when the Patriots courted restricted free agent Chris Hogan, Belichick's sit-down with the wide receiver never touched on money. When they parted, Belichick affirmed to Hogan that Caserio would ensure the deal would be executed, and they struck a creative three-year, $12 million pact.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2017/01/patriots_can_t_afford_to_let_personnel_czar_nick_caserio_go_elsewhere

That being said, I wonder how this affects working with Paraag since he is the lead contract negotiator for the 49ers. Would Caserio welcome a partnership with him on contracts and trades?

What if Caserio learned from Paraag?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The 49ers Link for the front office has Paraag as the only Execute Management listed under the category "Football Operations". Guido is under the "Business Operations" category and listed as President.

So, this puts Paraag at the highest rung in the Football Operations category. He is listed as Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

http://www.49ers.com/team/front-office.html

If Maraath reports to Guido, then they need to correct the categories and Hierarchy. The way it is listed makes it out to be that Paraag reports to nobody but Ownership.

Again, this is based on our interpretation of what we think the hierarchy might be. For example, I have a ton of SVPs and EVPs and GMs at my current employer, but depending on where they are in the company, some report directly to the CEO/President and some do not. Reporting at that level don't always follow a logical hierarchy based on title.

Oddly, when asked specifically who would be on the search committee Jed said that he'd be working with Marathe to find a GM/HC, but did not mention Al Guido. Was that a slip or does it represent the actual informal power structure on the football side?
Share 49ersWebzone