tweeting. He is a way better tweeter than Alex
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by GoldenBear:
Originally posted by GoldenBear:
Gotta love 49er fans.

What other fans would sell out their starting qb for David Carr?

LOL

JQ

...David Carr....

LOL

And I love the fans who can't further qualify "starting QB"

The Falcons starting QB is Matt Ryan
The Packers starting QB is Aaron Rodger
The 49ers starting QB is Alex Smith

see the difference?

Nope.

you are right.

Gotta Love 49er Fans

Matt Ryan's year: (14 Games played, 22 TDs, 14 Ints, 58.3 comp%, 2916 yds, 6.5 yds/comp, 3.1 TD/INT ratio, 80.9 QB rating)
http://www.nfl.com/players/mattryan/careerstats?id=RYA238179

Alex Smith's year (10 and a half games played, 18 TDS, 12, Int, 60.5 comp% 2350 yds, 6.3 yds/comp, 3.0 TD/INT Ratio, 81.5 QB rating)

http://www.nfl.com/players/alexsmith/profile?id=SMI031126[/b]

Yeah, big difference.

what can I tell you. Some people can see past QB ratings and others can't.

Those that can would not rank Alex Smith next to Matt Ryan.

Those that can't make posts like yours.

And if we are just going to look at QB ratings...why did you cherry pick Alex's best season? And conveniently ignore that god awful rating he put up in his rookie season which was historically one of the worst by a rookie???

because i used both guys numbers from last year?!?
i dont think ANY of the smith haters here realized, alex smith played with 4 or 5..idk how many different OCs, and have u realized how disgusting our offensive line has been?

we lead the league in batted down balls on the defensive line. Yeah thats a bad thing. Obviously shotgun is the only thing thatll work for him.

Keeping the same OC: Check.
Fixing our Oline: soon to be Checked.
Originally posted by Chico:
This is the year for Alex to prove himself! I truly want him to succeed. But, if we're on a 3-4 game losing streak because of lousy QB play and interceptions, it's time for a change.

ARE YOU WITH ME!!!???

no, im not. you cant just pull a qb because of 3-4 losses. maybe half the season if its obvious the losses are SOLELY because qb play.
Short List

Throwing Picks
Taking Sacks
SUCKING!

Thats all that comes to mind, but I'm sure if he sees playing time the list will grow!

I have been hoping for a young QB early to middle of draft, but I guess that won;t happen now!

So Carr is also better at shattering my hopes for the future of this team!
I haven't seen him do this yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kjgIav9CRc
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Short List

Throwing Picks
Taking Sacks
SUCKING!

Thats all that comes to mind, but I'm sure if he sees playing time the list will grow!

I have been hoping for a young QB early to middle of draft, but I guess that won;t happen now!

So Carr is also better at shattering my hopes for the future of this team!

Surely we weren't going to carry a second youngster developing at qb? Carr is only a replacement for Hill, so your hopes for the future of the team should remain intact!
I'm rooting for Smith and want him to get every opportunity to succeed, but I've always kinda liked Carr for some reason. Even though he's never been great or had great stats, I've always thought he looked like he could be good and I'd be happy if he steped in and did well. Again, I'm rooting for Alex, but that doesn't mean I'm rooting against Carr.

Also, I find it funny/strange how fast it went from a majority thinking it rediculous to replace Hill with Carr, to a large portion thinking Carr should replace Smith.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Mar 13, 2010 at 2:06 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If Alex doesn't win the starting job (period) this year, or somehow manages to get his ass yanked after week 5 he won't be a 49er in 2011.

Hell, it already sounds like Carr wants a starting job more than Alex Smith. I wouldn't honestly be surprised if Carr's determination/leadership/play could swoon Singletary into making him a starter, I'm not s**ttin'.

May I ask how you came to this conclusion?

Here is the response tweet from Carr's new account there as a Niner:
"Patrick called me almost as soon as he posted his thoughts," Carr writes on TwitLonger in a response to KNBR's Dan Dibley. "We had great talk, I admire his passion for his teamates, but I believe I can help this team. I'm sure Patrick is not the only player who will be thinkn "what's this guy got?", I told him that's why I left NY, to prove to myself and the rest of the NFL, I Can Play at a High Level, I can be the difference for a team, I believe in my heart I'm ready, Patrick and I have one thing in common, we will do ALL that is needed to bring another Championship to the 49ers."LINK

I don't EVER recall Smith saying anything about helping to bring back a Championship to SF. This paragraph already sounds more aggressive than anything Smith has ever said.
I agree with the Snake......

I hope Smith does well, but I also hope that if he doesn't, there is no hesitation to see what Carr has, nuff, is nuff, ya know?
NINERS!

But Alex has even as recent as his interview that aired on CSN Bay Area. Just because you capitalize ever doesn't mean it just happened.

Mods should really lock ALL (see I can capitalize too.) quarterback threads until atleast training camp. It was bad when it was Nate Davis, but this is borderline insane.

David Carr? A 30 year old journeryman quarterback who has never produced during his seven year career. He's JTO part 2, the only difference is he was drafted higher. But, lest I forget the so-called "swagger" shown on his twitter page, yeah because that's an excellent way to judge a quarterback.

Once again, as much as it may pain the Dungeon of Alex Smith Haters (or DASH for short, its a work in progress ), don't want to hear it Alex Smith is starting week one of the 2010 season. If at any point we need to put David Carr in for any extended period of time then we will be severely f**ked. Fact of life. And for those rooting against Alex if he fails as you DASHers are so assured will happen, he will be gone, and he will be taking Scot McCloughan with him, and Singletary for that matter as well.

That's it, its all come to a head, make a break for this whole regime including the quarterback they chose. The names of the major players will be the same Alex, Scot, and Mike (now played by Singletary, instead of the guy in the suit.) no matter how badly some of you may wish for a knight in shining armor, none is coming, either they succeed or we start over. So, to the DASHers out there, you might really want to start thinking about throwing your support behind "Alexia", McClueless, and Sing (does he have a insulting nickname yet?), because they are all we got.

How do they taste? You know, those ones.

What do you mean, exactly?

I don't support any player who throws games away with terrible decisions in the last few minutes.

On the other hand, I DID say I HOPE Smith plays well so we don't hit our majestic level of 8-8 again!

But if he doesn't and it's as obvious as it has been for a long time, then yank his a$$ and put anyone else in that can make a play, and KEEP making them till the end of the game..

Waitin on the Cheeseman to show........
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Mar 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM ]
Sucking? Mabey?

I dont think many people realize just what would happen if Alex played badly enough for Carr to be given the reigns to the offense.

This is how i see it playing out if that happened. Alex sux round week 8 maybe week 10. Carr comes in takes us the rest of the way. Here i can see it breaking down a few ways.

1)
Carr plays real well but we miss the playoffs again. Alex's contract runs out he goes elsewhere as does McCloughan. New folk come in and they draft their own QB and with Nate Davis on our squad well have a genuine Browns Anderson/Quinn debacle that will push us further down the hole for a couple of years.

2) Carr comes in week 8-10 takes us to the end and does real well. McCloughan and Co stay. Nate Davis now starts third year in the NFL and the drumbeats to try the rook grows louder and louder so again an Anderson/Quinn debacle. We stay down the hole for a couple of years

3) Carr comes in and sux. Everyone gets cleaned out. New Management in '11. New QB and we stay in the goddamn hole for another couple of years.

I may not be the biggest Alex Smith fan. But if you are tired of losing year in year out...i think we all should be praying that he lights it up like crazy this year. I hope Vernon is right.
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Mar 13, 2010 at 7:45 AM ]
Its pretty obvious that the biggest questionmark for the 49ers going into next season is quarterback. So many Smith threads proves this. Yes Alex looked OK second half of last season, but is that good enough for us to just look into backup replacements?
Is Carr better than Smith? Is Carr even better than Hill? Hill does win games, noodle arm and all. I for one am not satisfied with picking up yet another "project" at quarterback. Especially since we have no real guru coach here to show them the way. If Carr actually beats out Alex for the position, than we are really in trouble. Our next season rides on a lot of quarterback questions, still, and this makes me nervous, again.
Originally posted by northstar:

NASTY!

[ Edited by momoney925 on Mar 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM ]
least he doesnt take s**t from anyone
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by northstar:

NASTY!

Yea, i think that alex is doin good job. alex wanted to supports for the 49ers's team for real. Let's go Alex!
Share 49ersWebzone