LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I for 1 hope we let him go. I've tried to support and like him. Games like today show how bad he is sometimes. He cant tackle for s**t. Cant cover.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I for 1 hope we let him go. I've tried to support and like him. Games like today show how bad he is sometimes. He cant tackle for s**t. Cant cover.

watch out buddy, your gonna see a bunch of Goldson lovers come in and blast ya, I for one agree with you.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

watch out buddy, your gonna see a bunch of Goldson lovers come in and blast ya, I for one agree with you.

Give some of his money to Lawson.

I know AB, you dont agree.

Mm-hmm. Besides that one big game against Arizona, the guy's been largely a liability. He's putting himself into a pretty crappy negotiating position.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Me too.

He can't tackle for s**t. Its best to let him walk this off-season. Most of the secondary should be let go as well.

I would rather see Reggie Smith come in next year and maybe draft a guy to replace him down the line. I think we need to go Corner or even pass rusher depending who is there with the first pick.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Give some of his money to Lawson.

I know AB, you dont agree.

I actually agree, I want Lawson back, just not at 45M or some whacked out number he wants, I would not mind a 5yr $30M deal.
So far it looks like that money will be better spent on Lawson.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
let Goldson join Michael Eatadick on the Rams.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He looks like garbage. I'd bench him and see what Reggie Smith can do at FS.

Goldson doesn't know how to wrap up.

Even during his good games last year his plays were made by charging in and putting his helmet or shoulder in the right place. That's not gonna work in the long run.

That's why you don't give someone money after one year. I agree, let him walk.
we need to get a corner badly too. Let Goldson walk man. Resign manny. We have some work to do in free agency/draft. We need a qb, pass rusher, Corner, Safety, Possible NT, RG, FB.
Goldson is straight trash.
i'm completely and utterly shocked that so many of u are Goldson supporters....he sucks ...plain and simple....cant tackle, no speed, horrible instincts, no ball skills. Our front office is terrible, our head coach is terrible and many, many of our fans have forgotten what talent really is...has it been that long? or is it like the webzone exclusive says "everyone is in denial"....screw goldson and the rest of the secondary group (taylor mays gets a pass on this cuz he's a rookie) coaches included...if our main focus this offseason isnt revamping our entire defensive secondary, then trent balkee needs to be shown the door...in each game this season an opposing wide receiver(brandon lloyd will be today's example) has made a play on the ball to prevent an interception, and in essence has turned into a defensive player on the fly... opposing wideouts are better than our DB's at breaking up passes...whats wrong with this picture....our DB's and DB coaches r garbage....take out the trash JED!!!! quit letting it pile up!!!! it f'n stinks!!!!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Goldson is straight trash.

Agreed!
Share 49ersWebzone