LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Official Losers in first week of F/A (Article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Good.

I hope we fly under the radar the entire off-season. Yes, give us the bad press. Say we suck. I hope it makes all the national rags.

This
I didn't even look at the article. I knew it would be something negative. If the 49ers would have spent a lot they would still say something bad about them. I don't care what these people say anyway. If Dallas or New England would have picked up Carr, they would be hailed as geniuses. In one ear and out the other.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol who was worth getting in FA?

Sorgi.

Obviously.

Definitely
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol who was worth getting in FA?

Sorgi.

Obviously.

Definitely

He taught Peyton everything he knows
Whatever!!!!!!
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
We weren't losers in FA.

Pashos?, gone Carr added?
Missed out on several players who could help, Chromartie. Rolle, not to mention Dansby or any of the pass rush ends that have moved already!
We may not be losers but we look like chumps!

(before you say it I was not thinking we would sign all those guys, maybe one or two to clear up our needs going into the draft)
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
This article is stupid. Alex Smith may not be a probowler, but he is far from being the most glaring issue with the team. If the Niners had swung and missed on a perennial probowl guard or tackle, then I would have to agree with them. But to comment on the Niners signing a no. 2 QB? That would have to be a reach...

Additionally, did I miss something? Or was there some obvious perfect upgrade from Alex floating around the FA market that we don't know about. It's not like we signed Carr because we failed to get our act together to get Peyton Manning.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Horrible article. Jets add Cromartie and they are the big winners, yet the Bears add 3 impact players and the Lions have also made some nice moves.
The fact that Rolle and Dansby were two of the top FAs this year is proof of how bad a FA class it was. Being a loser by not overpaying in a down year is fine by me.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Horrible article. Jets add Cromartie and they are the big winners, yet the Bears add 3 impact players and the Lions have also made some nice moves.

Probably b/c Jets got a starting CB for next to nothing at all while the Bears had to pay a boatload of money for their guys.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
So we're losers because we didn't want to spend a s**tload of $$ on players we don't need...interesting

Haha yeah totally. We always lose no matter what happens.
that article is a joke.

the Jets are the big winners? their main guy was traded for, not signed. and its just Cromartie. hes an overrated player with personal troubles. i dont see how hes such a great add.

the Jags are winners? really? because they signed "im old and washed up" Aaron Kampman? a team with not only the worst pass rush in football last year, but one of the historically worst of all time, adding a guy whos all but lost his pass rush ability? but they signed kassim osgood! yeah, not impressed.

and i dont get how we are "losers" because we upgraded at backup QB, and decided not to overpay for a bunch of players we dont have a need for...

we need a speed return type guy, a T, and a DB. last i checked, there wasnt any great options readily available in those areas yet.

this is not the offseason for big spending. lets focus on the draft.
I wish I could get paid for writing crap.
Reading that article reminds me of the old saying

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
So we're losers because we didn't want to spend a s**tload of $$ on players we don't need...interesting

No, we're losers because we were convinced that Alex is the future based on a handful of games. Kind of reminds you of how we were convinced that Hill was the man going into the 09 season, and JTO was good enough (backed by Smith and Hill) into the 08 season.

Point is.........considering that our philosophy on QBs has failed MISERABLY since Garcia left, you'd think front management would get a clue and actually look for a viable backup. At this point, our entire season rests in the arms of 2 BUST quarterbacks that have done nothing but lose for their teams.
Share 49ersWebzone