There are 250 users in the forums

What would you do if the Niners don't re-sign Willis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
seriously, what would you do?

Says 52 it's going to stay 52!
go to work, have lunch, go home... watch tv... play my 360 and go to bed.
I would do the hokey pokey, because that's what it's all about.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'd hope they'd franchise tag him. Atleast if we got 2 firsts out of it it wouldn't be as bad.
i would become a raider fan but then again id rather just kill myself =(
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I'd hope they'd franchise tag him. Atleast if we got 2 firsts out of it it wouldn't be as bad.

Hmm. A hall of fame caliber player or two first round picks?

Please stay pw please
i would be angry as fck. i don't think we'll ever let him go though
tears would be coming out of my face
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Hmm. A hall of fame caliber player or two first round picks?

Please stay pw please

Well if we're going to lose him I'd rather lose him for 2 1sts than get nothing, at least than you have a chance of getting 2 more building blocks. Like Ace said, I'd be pissed as hell. But atleast if you have 2 first rounders you can build up a badass OLine to run teams over, or you can get a pass rusher and a safety to make up for your loss of him, or you can get a franchise QB if Smith doesn't work out, or you can get Gore's replacement. We're atleast 2 years from losing him though so that gives us some time to get something done. But I'm starting lose the faith in Scotty to build up a good team to put around PW. I mean its frustrating because we should be the team to beat in the NFC west with AZ fallin apart, but Seattle's being proactive and we're just sitting here puttering around. We need to be proactive rather than reactive.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think it would seriously depress me which makes me sad

Same. I'd be more depressed that the mistake (of a business in which I have little to no financial stake in) would make me depressed.

I would be extremely pissed with the Niners' organization as a whole. Willis should be priority number one to lock up until he retires as a Niner. There's no doubt in my mind that it would be the dumbest thing ever to let Patrick Willis go.

In the end, however, I would still be a fan of the team.
[ Edited by djb49 on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:17 AM ]
DIE
Be a fan of the NFL not the niners and i live in SF
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Even if we don't re-sign him, we will franchise him (at least twice). I think he will re-sign with us before it comes to that situation. Dansby's deal has set the bar. Of course Willis will command higher salary, but it won't be ridiculously more than Dansby's.
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Be a fan of the NFL not the niners and i live in SF

So you are not really a 49er then. No one man, not Montana, not Rice and nor Willis, is bigger than the team.

Looking forward to all the whiney threads, if it happens
Share 49ersWebzone