LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Where do you live? (Stadium Related)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Where do you live? (Stadium Related)

Originally posted by cutbarlow:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=24899

Just curious where people live at in relation to where the 49ers could build a stadium. Also, would stadium location affect whether or not you can/will attend games? Why or why not? Would the possibility of sharing a stadium with the Raiders affect whether or not you attend games?

I live right behind Great America and the Forty Niner training camp in Santa Clara.
Check out the article below.

"Santa Clara County Realtors Endorse Measure J
Santa Clarans for Economic Progress are proud to announce that the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors has formally endorsed a YES vote on Measure J.

In announcing the endorsement, 2010 SCCAOR President Karl Lee said, “The decision by the 49ers to make Santa Clara their home is a testament to the growing vitality of the South Bay. We look forward to the positive impact that the 49ers will bring not only to the City of Santa Clara but to Santa Clara County as a whole.”

The realtors believe one major impact will be increased property values in the North Bayshore area surrounding the proposed stadium site. A recent report by University of San Diego Professor Charles Tu examined property values around FedEx Field, the home of the Washington Redskins, which opened in Landover, Maryland, in 1997.

Because Landover and Santa Clara are both suburban cities bordering on major metropolitan areas (Washington, DC, and San Jose, respectively), FedEx Field presents an ideal model for studying the possible affects of a new stadium in Santa Clara. If the results in Landover are any indication, home owners in the North Bayshore area should be excited about what the stadium project would mean for their property values.

Tu’s report presents a thorough analysis of available data and demonstrates how property values in the area around FedEx Field significantly improved both during and after construction. His study found that the closer a home was to the new stadium, the greater the price improvement, with homes within a 2.5-mile radius showing the sharpest increases.

Similar improvements have been observed in the neighborhoods surrounding a pair of recently constructed local sports venues: AT&T Park in San Francisco and HP Pavilion in San Jose. Both of these projects have dramatically improved the viability of their respective communities by spurring both residential and commercial development. Over 17 years in operation, HP Pavilion has also had a direct and positive impact on existing businesses in Downtown San Jose.

The Santa Clara County Association of Realtors expects a Santa Clara stadium to trigger similar development in the North Bayshore area, specifically in and around Santa Clara’s “entertainment corridor” — including the Great America theme park and the Santa Clara Convention Center."

You can learn more about the economic impact of the stadium by visiting SantaClaraStadiumFacts.com.

More Articles...
•Volunteer Spotlight: Taking Ownership
•Packed House for Yes on J
•Yard Signs Are Here!
•Santa Clarans for Economic Progress On the Air
Originally posted by hklar17:
Fresno

Same.

Season ticket holder for 7 years. If the team moves to Santa Clara it would be a lot easier to get in and out of the stadium. But if they charge a PSL I will no longer be a season ticket holder.
Any news on the effin ' stadium?
Atwater, Ca. About a 2 hour trip. I try to go to at least 2 games every year. This year I'm choosing the raiders game just cause I think their going to slaughter them and the tailgate parties should be crazy. And the chargers game, not a home game but i have never seen them outside of Candlestick.
Originally posted by BritSanFranFan:
I live in England. Don't get to many games. I have been a 49ers fan since the early 80s though. Will be going to the game at Wembley next season. Great first post on this board.

Whereabouts?
Torrance CA. in Los Angeles County
Los Angeles, Norwalk
Originally posted by cutbarlow:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=24899

Just curious where people live at in relation to where the 49ers could build a stadium. Also, would stadium location affect whether or not you can/will attend games? Why or why not? Would the possibility of sharing a stadium with the Raiders affect whether or not you attend games?

I'm in Fayetteville, NC. However, my wife and I traveled to San Francisco for the 49ers-Cardinals game on Monday Night Football in December. We had an awesome time. The 49ers play the Panthers in Charlotte this year, and I'm definitely getting tickets for that game. I can't wait.

Dan
49er Fan in NC
MIA 305
Mississippi 228 (Gulf Coast)

My tag pretty much sums it up...google earth says I live 2100 miles from Candlestick and that it is a 33 hour drive. One I would gladly make to see a game.
Modesto,Ca About 2 hrs from the Stick
South...
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gato80:
Atwater, Ca. About a 2 hour trip. I try to go to at least 2 games every year. This year I'm choosing the raiders game just cause I think their going to slaughter them and the tailgate parties should be crazy. And the chargers game, not a home game but i have never seen them outside of Candlestick.

same here bro!!!!!!!! wass gud im from merced
Live in LA, from San Rafael.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Apr 11, 2010 at 05:35:58 ]
Share 49ersWebzone