LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Niners willing to trade Aubrayo Franklin for a 1st round pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No thanks. How long have we been looking for a NT? I'd rather keep what we have, and not risk trading in a central piece of last year's success for potential.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by kidash:

His stat has improved since he got with us. We have 2 first round pick, why trade a proven player with another pick which will cost us more (if within the first 15 spot)???

jussayin....

Because we need to think past next year.

The tag is a one year deal and if we can't get his agent to do a reasonable LT deal, than we're probably better off in the long run trading him than letting him walk next year for nothing.

We're not thinking long term right now and I'm glad for that. Next year we have a legit shot at being good. I'd rather have Franklin on board then another 1st rounder anyway. People think 1st round picks are gold. An established player, even at Franklin's age, is still better to have.
I just dont think its wise to trade a guy Willis want on the team especially when hes about to be a free agent!!
Oh... and can someone change the title of this thread??? Very misleading....

Originally posted by Method:
"One league source told me he thought 49ers would part ways with Aubrayo Franklin in a trade for one first-round selection."

http://twitter.com/MATTMAIOCCO

Hmm...

Trade Aubrayo for a first, trade two firsts for #3-#5, get Eric Berry + OT at 13? I'd do it.

No and No. I'm not gonna take a safety that high, not gonna give up a proven player that plays a VERY difficult position for a "what if".
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Niners use non-exclusive franchise tag on Franklin.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/23/niners-use-non-exclusive-franchise-tag-on-franklin/

He is not getting traded.
Originally posted by Chief:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/23/niners-use-non-exclusive-franchise-tag-on-franklin/

Technically he still could get traded, but I don't think he will either.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No thanks. How long have we been looking for a NT? I'd rather keep what we have, and not risk trading in a central piece of last year's success for potential.

THIS!! Seriously, we finally get a NT for out 3-4...one that could have made the ProBowl at that.........F'a 1st round pick... what if we end up with another Balmer.

I'm not slamming Balmer....but I'm happy with Franklin.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Chief:

The pats traded Matt Cassel after he was franchised last summer. The tag doesn't affect anything.
At Fanklins age? Many great 3-4 NTs can play into there late 30s

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I know it's tempting but I wouldn't do this i'd rather keep him. To go to playoff we need a good D and we won't have a good D if we don't have a NT if we get a first round pick we have to use one on a NT either Dan Williams in 1st or Cody later. Honestly none will play like Franklin did last year.it would be different if we have a proven NT on outlr team or I'd we can require even a decent one in FA then I wouldn't mind doing this and packaging 2 picks to
get berry and use our other one on an OT but if we can't get a proven NT then my answer has to be no

Why Not try...and be easy on me for this one..but why not try Aubrayo Franklin for Donovan Mcnabb?

than use our 13th pick on Williams OT , 16th Pick on Odrick! and 2nd rounder on Gilyard. We just solidifed the QB, OLINE, DLINE, ANd our returning needs in 2 rounds? what say you?

lol im one of those alex supporters so i have to say no but to be honest i doubt any team would trade an NT for a QB im sure they can trade him for the rams or another team theat needs a qb for a pretty high draft pick
Originally posted by tac22:
Originally posted by English:
Not a chance. Unless we are moving back to 4-3 which I doubt

Say we do move back and we go out and get Peppers!

Peppers wants to be a 3-4 OLB.
do any of next years contenders need a NT?? That would be the only way they would trade a 1st. Why would we want a 25-32 1st round pick? We'd get another flunky like Balmer. He's the Kwame Harris of "D".
niners should be willing to trade any of their players for a first round pick (excluding P.Willis, Crabtree, and Davis...gore as well)
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
niners should be willing to trade any of their players for a first round pick (excluding P.Willis, Crabtree, and Davis...gore as well)

If someone's offering a 1st for Gore then I think you gotta take that at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone