LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Niners willing to trade Aubrayo Franklin for a 1st round pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
I would only do it if it is a top 20 pick.
this is tough, we've been looking for a solid NT for a years and finally developed franklin into a top 3 NT. this is a solid draft though so a first rounder doesn't sound too bad.
i doubt any team would give up their first round pick for Aubrayo.
I don't see anybody giving up a number 1 for a NT that had 1 good season and is on the wrong side of 30.
Niners know damn well nobody is going to give them a 1st round pick. What the Niners are saying to the NFL teams is "we (Niners) place a high value on Franklin and if you want him, you are going to have to compensate us accordingly."

A 1st rounder is out of the question. The Niners are just starting the bidding high.
Our run D will not be very good without Franklin. I wouldn't trade him and take a gamble on another player.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I can see the Niners trading Franklin since this draft is so deep at DT it is ridiculous. I mean, apart from Suh and McCoy, you have Jared Odrick, Brian Price and Dan Williams, who are all projected 1st round picks.

However, I don't see the Niners wanting 3 1st round picks, unless they flipped one of the picks for more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Now that would be sweet.

But no one in the draft is proven yet!
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Our run D will not be very good without Franklin. I wouldn't trade him and take a gamble on another player.

Every player has a trade value, but I have to agree with you. There are some good NT prospects in the draft, but the likelyhood of a rookie playing NT at a high level is slim to none. I like the Idea of drafting a NT to back up (& someday replace) Franklin early in the draft, but not drafting one and trading Franklin.
Originally posted by doncmleon:
Niners know damn well nobody is going to give them a 1st round pick. What the Niners are saying to the NFL teams is "we (Niners) place a high value on Franklin and if you want him, you are going to have to compensate us accordingly."

A 1st rounder is out of the question. The Niners are just starting the bidding high.

No, more likely this is just off-season media mumblings
franklin for brandon marshall

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for Oakland-Niner.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
franklin for brandon marshall

If that trade happened tell all your favorite Niners to stay home from practice, because I will be going postal at 49ers head quarters.
History is replete with guys playing lights out their contract years and then disappearing. Haralson did it to a certain extent and the most glaring example is Dana Stubblefield. Franklin has had one exemplary season with us. If someone was willing to part with a first rounder, I think it'd be worth the shot to take it, especially since the draft is strong in DT's this year.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
this is tough, we've been looking for a solid NT for a years and finally developed franklin into a top 3 NT. this is a solid draft though so a first rounder doesn't sound too bad.

This!

Why are these guys calling him a "one year wonder"?? I seriously doubt that. I think he has always shown to have great skills but never got a chance to get comfortable with Nolan's stupid Hybrid schemes.
just because a player is tagged, doesnt mean he cant be traded.

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Feb 23, 2010 at 14:15:25 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
so much for this theory.....Franchise has been applied per ESPN.

I don't know if I buy the theory, but the Tag being applied doesn't stop a trade. In fact, the tag would HAVE to be applied in order for the 49ers to prevent Franklin from becoming a free agent and being able to get anything in return.

IE....without the tag the Niners couldn't trade him, so tagging him is a must.
Share 49ersWebzone