LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 181 users in the forums

Who Will Be The 1st 49ers Cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Given the general increase in roster talent over the past few years, any idea who will be the likely cuts from the 53 man roster? Any hard choices?
I assume you mean guys who were on the 53 man roster last year who won't be on the roster next year?

I'll say Arnaz Battle.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I assume you mean guys who were on the 53 man roster last year who won't be on the roster next year?

I'll say Arnaz Battle.

I agree, either him or Mark Roman, especially if we draft a safety in the first few rounds.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

I'll say Arnaz Battle.

I agree, either him or Mark Roman, especially if we draft a safety in the first few rounds.

But both of their contracts will expire by 3/5, so we won't need to cut them.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I'll say Arnaz Battle.

I'll say Arnaz Battle.

I'll say Arnaz Battle.

They should cut Roman on 3/4, just to let him know that despite his improved performance, he still sucks!
Brandon Jones may make it past the 1st cuts but he's gone before the season starts, or at least he should be.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Brandon Jones may make it past the 1st cuts but he's gone before the season starts, or at least he should be.

Why? He was our best WR in training camp before he got hurt. And it's not like we are overloaded with talent at the position.

I say he stays.
When is free agency

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I know they like Michael Lewis and his future here is pretty questionable, so I'm gonna have to go with him.
marcus hudson

[ Edited by Billwalshjr on Feb 23, 2010 at 09:24:05 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Billwalshjr:
marcus hudson

Hudson I think will last until Preseason. Theres no hurry to cut someone whos been decent on Special Teams and doesn't have much of a contract.
It should be Patrick Willis but its gonna be Michael Lewis
Originally posted by vermonator:

Why? He was our best WR in training camp before he got hurt. And it's not like we are overloaded with talent at the position.

I say he stays.

He had his moments, but the best receiver in camp, really?

Ziegler always looked good in camp too, should we give him $15 million to start?

Maybe he stays but I doubt he has much if any impact. I would rather see Jason Hill get his chances.
Share 49ersWebzone