LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

Official 49ers Memorbilia Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i have a bunch of stuff i'd like to post, question do i just copy and past my photos to the thread? also i am looking for a frame vendor, i was getting all my sports stuff 49ers and my other teams frames made be an ebay guy that has gone out of business. i was getting high quality frames for all my signed photos for $30 can't seem to find anything below $60-80 now. anybody got any good links?
Originally posted by matt49er:
i have a bunch of stuff i'd like to post, question do i just copy and past my photos to the thread? also i am looking for a frame vendor, i was getting all my sports stuff 49ers and my other teams frames made be an ebay guy that has gone out of business. i was getting high quality frames for all my signed photos for $30 can't seem to find anything below $60-80 now. anybody got any good links?

Sign up for an account on photobucket.com, there is an upload button, hit that and browse on your computer until you find them... upload them... then under each photo there is a URL (link)....copy that link, then when you are in a new post hit that yellow mountain looking icon next to the green camera, paste the link into that and hit ok....the link will look like , put a space in there and go to the next picture on photobucket, copy the url and then hit the yellow mountain again... paste the link and repeat.

Couldn't help you with the frames part though... one reason I laid off on collecting though. You pay more for the frames and cases than the items themselves.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Sign up for an account on photobucket.com, there is an upload button, hit that and browse on your computer until you find them... upload them... then under each photo there is a URL (link)....copy that link, then when you are in a new post hit that yellow mountain looking icon next to the green camera, paste the link into that and hit ok....the link will look like , put a space in there and go to the next picture on photobucket, copy the url and then hit the yellow mountain again... paste the link and repeat. Couldn't help you with the frames part though... one reason I laid off on collecting though. You pay more for the frames and cases than the items themselves.

DAMN!

I applaud you guys for going through that much trouble. Me not so much sorry.

Jerry Rice signed jersey
Patrick Willis signed jersey
Fred Beasley signed jersey
Joe Montana signed full size HOF inscription signed helmet
Steve Young signed HOF 8x10
Dwight Clark signed 8x10 of the catch
Frank Gore signed 8x10
Ronnie Lott signed 8x10
Mike Iupati signed 8x10
2003 team signed 49ers football (actually got for FREE from my work who had the team credit card contract that year)

Steve Young/Roger Craig/Frank Gore/Patrick Willis (2)/Vernon Davis (2)/Manny Lawson/Taylor Mays (2)/Mike Iupati/Navarro Bowman/Josh Morgan (2)/Justin Smith/John Taylor/Jeff Garcia/Jason Hill/Fred Beasley/ signed football cards

I'm not just a huge 9er fan I'm also a huge Michael Jordan, UNC tarheels basketball, Michigan Wolverines college football, Baltimore Orioles fan as well and though about 1/2 of my overall collection is made of 49er stuff I have some pretty cool other stuff as well.

Michael Jordan Bulls-Last Shot signed 8X10
Michael Jordan Wizards UDA signed 8X10
Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson/Scottie Pippen/Chris Mullin USA Dream Team signed 8x10
Tyler Hansbrough signed UNC 09 champions white jersey
Tyler Hansbrough signed UNC 09 champions 8X10 (horizontal)
Vince Carter UNC signed 8X10
Dean Smith signed 8X10 (1982 talking to Jordan-signed only by Smith)
Cal Ripken Jr. signed baseball
Brooks Robinson signed 8X10
Jim Palmer baseball- signed HOF inscription baseball
Gaylord Perry signed HOF baseball
Richard Jefferson signed piece of floor from old NJ Nets stadium
Brent Celek 8X10 signed (wife is Eagles fan he was at local signing)
Johnny Mize NYY signed baseball card
Charles Woodson signed 8x10
Lamar Woodley signed 8x10

I'm sure most of you will say no s**t to this but I want to put this out there to anyone that may not know.

I have been collecting for many years and have done alot of research and like to think I know quite a bit about the hobby. For anyone purchasing an autographed item due your diligence to ensure the item is authentic by making sure you either A) obtain it in person, B) only buy merchandise with a reputable authenticator not just a dealer but someone with a reputation for authenticating memorbilia, the item needs to come with a coa and matching ceriel # hologram.

some reliable authenticators inclue:

PSA/DNA
JSA (James Spence Authentication)
UDA (or any other trading card company such as Fleer, Topps etc)
Legends
Steiner
Rich Altmann

you can also sometimes get items where the athlete has his own signature hologram sticker that you can verify online. Jerry Rice and alot of other older athletes do this (in large part because autographs is a big part of their income that they need to protect the integrity of since they didn't make $100M in their playing days). you can also get offical NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA/NCAA stuff and official team stuff they usually come with letters of authenticities. My team signed football is actually authenticated by the 49ers and comes with a letter from their headquarters.

To share a cool story my mother and I actually worked at MNBA formerly a major credit card back associated with the NFL. Teams would donate signed items to MBNA to be auctioned with the proceeds going to charity. My Mom walks into a closet in the sports marketing department and sees the holy grail of team signed footballs, helmets etc. I come over after she calls me, her boss was a huge big wig and he let her get away with the football but said the helmets were going for several thousand dollars and they weren't allowed to give any out. It was so tempting to risk my job and steal those helmets that day.
[ Edited by matt49er on Feb 25, 2011 at 11:19 PM ]

Sign up for an account on photobucket.com, there is an upload button, hit that and browse on your computer until you find them... upload them... then under each photo there is a URL (link)....copy that link, then when you are in a new post hit that yellow mountain looking icon next to the green camera, paste the link into that and hit ok....the link will look like , put a space in there and go to the next picture on photobucket, copy the url and then hit the yellow mountain again... paste the link and repeat. Couldn't help you with the frames part though... one reason I laid off on collecting though. You pay more for the frames and cases than the items themselves.

DAMN!

Jerry Rice signed jersey
Frank Gore signed 8x10
Ronnie Lott signed 8x10
Mike Iupati signed 8x10
2003 team signed 49ers football (actually got for FREE from my work who had the team credit card contract that year)

Steve Young/Roger Craig/Frank Gore/Patrick Willis (2)/Vernon Davis (2)/Manny Lawson/Taylor Mays (2)/Mike Iupati/Navarro Bowman/Josh Morgan (2)/Justin Smith/John Taylor/Jeff Garcia/Jason Hill/Fred Beasley/ signed football cards

I'm not just a huge 9er fan I'm also a huge Michael Jordan, UNC tarheels basketball, Michigan Wolverines college football, Baltimore Orioles fan as well and though about 1/2 of my overall collection is made of 49er stuff I have some pretty cool other stuff as well.

Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson/Scottie Pippen/Chris Mullin USA Dream Team signed 8x10

I'm sure most of you will say no s**t to this but I want to put this out there to anyone that may not know.

I have been collecting for many years and have done alot of research and like to think I know quite a bit about the hobby. For anyone purchasing an autographed item due your diligence to ensure the item is authentic by making sure you either A) obtain it in person, B) only buy merchandise with a reputable authenticator not just a dealer but someone with a reputation for authenticating memorbilia, the item needs to come with a coa and matching ceriel # hologram.

PSA/DNA
Legends
Steiner
Rich Altmann

you can also sometimes get items where the athlete has his own signature hologram sticker that you can verify online. Jerry Rice and alot of other older athletes do this (in large part because autographs is a big part of their income that they need to protect the integrity of since they didn't make $100M in their playing days). you can also get offical NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA/NCAA stuff and official team stuff they usually come with letters of authenticities. My team signed football is actually authenticated by the 49ers and comes with a letter from their headquarters.

To share a cool story my mother and I actually worked at MNBA formerly a major credit card back associated with the NFL. Teams would donate signed items to MBNA to be auctioned with the proceeds going to charity. My Mom walks into a closet in the sports marketing department and sees the holy grail of team signed footballs, helmets etc. I come over after she calls me, her boss was a huge big wig and he let her get away with the football but said the helmets were going for several thousand dollars and they weren't allowed to give any out. It was so tempting to risk my job and steal those helmets that day.

I am glad to see you dont have any GAI
Originally posted by Mike8016:

DAMN!

Jerry Rice signed jersey
Frank Gore signed 8x10
Ronnie Lott signed 8x10
Mike Iupati signed 8x10

PSA/DNA
Legends
Steiner
Rich Altmann

i've heard of GAI however i've never been interested in a GAI item enough to care about researching them. is GAI that company that got busted years back to pushing known fake memorbilia?
You guys better lock up the memorabilia or McCarthy and others may steal it.

DAMN!

Jerry Rice signed jersey
Frank Gore signed 8x10
Ronnie Lott signed 8x10
Mike Iupati signed 8x10

PSA/DNA
Legends
Steiner
Rich Altmann

i've heard of GAI however i've never been interested in a GAI item enough to care about researching them. is GAI that company that got busted years back to pushing known fake memorbilia?

GAI went bankrupt a few years ago but there back now. They basically authenticate anything which results in many forgery's on the market. I wouldnt touch one of there products. Many ebay sellers are making a killing off GAI since people think its authentic.
Here's just a few of mine. Painting the 49ers room, so dont have everything out at the moment

Hard to see, but Frank Gore autographed gloves

Not on the 49ers anymore, but one of my favorites

DAMN!

Jerry Rice signed jersey
Frank Gore signed 8x10
Ronnie Lott signed 8x10
Mike Iupati signed 8x10

PSA/DNA
Legends
Steiner
Rich Altmann

GAI went bankrupt a few years ago but there back now. They basically authenticate anything which results in many forgery's on the market. I wouldnt touch one of there products. Many ebay sellers are making a killing off GAI since people think its authentic.

damn im glad i dont have any of their products! thanx for the insight

Mother Fricker, that's a lot of Benjamin's.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Mother Fricker, that's a lot of Benjamin's.

Pun intended? LMAO
alright i'm going to give this a try here's a few my favorites.

piece of the 09 NCAA Championship Floor

Dream Team 92 signed by Jordan/Magic/Pippen and Chris Mullin:

[ Edited by matt49er on Mar 5, 2011 at 1:32 AM ]
Matt, glad to see you took the time to put your pictures up. It sounds complicated but once you are use to doing it it doesn't take long at all. Sweet collection by the way.

Compliments to all and thanks for sharing guys. Some really good stuff in this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone